over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

people who talk to much

The gym I go to has a very casual atmosphere and a lot of older men. I swear to you the only reason they even go to the gym is to talk to other people and disrupt others workouts.

I wear the biggest douchebag headphones I can and don't even look in their direction and they still stop me and try to chat. I miss going to a hardcore gym where the only conversations were on steroids and asking for a spot. Oh, those were the days!

grunting, walking around all pissed off .. talking to himself "cmon bitch".. "work"!!!

These types are the worst. I recently changed gym locations, but at my previous gym there was a guy there like that. Big, Mickey Mouse headphones, used to be bald, but now has a mohawk because I guess it makes him tougher. Every time he walks into the gym he marches through, angry look on his face, and is always staring at/trying to stare down people. My peripheral vision always let me know that this guy can't stand it that I don't care he was ever conceived. Has to adjust the J-hooks in power racks as loud as possible; slamming them into their slots. Drops dumbbells and barbells, slams the adjustable benches when he moves them, and of course has to set up too close to you. In between sets he either sings what he's listening to, or chants motivational words to himself out loud: "Stronger, faster, better!" When someone does talk to him he's always as loud as possible. This was an actual exchange between him and a staff member:

"Hey, how's it going, man?"

"NOT BAD! I WOKE UP AND WATCHED SERIAL KILLER DOCUMENTARIES ON NETFLIX AND THEN DECIDED TO COME HERE!"

There's another guy there in his fifties who, I've been told has a cocaine problem, that is equally as boisterous. This guy will grab an adjustable bench, take multiple sets of dumbbells to it, claim a power rack, and also a smith machine simultaneously. Grunting and screaming the dumbbells are for curling or something, the power rack for something else, and the smith machine to hang upside down and do crunches. It irritates me to no end that this kind of shit goes on and then the staff had the nerve to get in my face about having a gym bag with me on the floor when it's out of everyone's way and it wasn't a problem the two and a half years I trained there. The new location I go to is so much more laid back. There's people that take it seriously like me, but they/I don't ruin the place for others because of it.

I have a resting asshole face, but im actually very personable. I dont mind talking, once im done training. Training should 100% be fun, but i also take it pretty serious.

Especially if im deep in prep. 99% of the people there are acquaintances, not 'friends'. Sup bro, how you doing? Head nod. Should cover most bases :)

I have resting angry puss. But I am also very sociable and friendly. I've only recently been UN friendly at work. People are taking advantage of my kindness. So now screw them. They don't like it at all.

The gym I go to has a very casual atmosphere and a lot of older men. I swear to you the only reason they even go to the gym is to talk to other people and disrupt others workouts.

I wear the biggest douchebag headphones I can and don't even look in their direction and they still stop me and try to chat. I miss going to a hardcore gym where the only conversations were on steroids and asking for a spot. Oh, those were the days!

One of the few places they can avoid their wives....

When you are on a diet you are pissed off with the world, if you also add train, you will be susceptible to any shit. And yes, there is too much shit floating around.

I bought a shirt with the phrase ‘talk less lift more’. Works like a charm.

Almost a decade ago I train in my basement, all are advantages.

I am not unfriendly, but I prefer to avoid social contacts to a minimum, in the gym and outside it.

I strongly disagree with the OP

I have been training mostly at the same 3 gyms for the past 10 years. I lift more weight with more volume and intensity than 99.999% of the gym going population, I always smile and spark conversations tastefully when appropriate. My comments and conversations are always positive and uplifting. I have gotten to know some of these people so well that I can tell when they have a bad and I feel I am able to turn their negatively around.

Once in a while the pressures of life get to even myself, and I will be quiet and I'll keep and chin down and not try or make eye contact, then everyone comes to me and starts conversations me trying to bring me up! So I know I must be doing something right. My training is always better when I am interacting with people. I think people need to learn how to socialize in physical form again.

Carrying around this 'f you' attitude everywhere is probably the reason for all the mass murder crimes we are facing in the US.

Good attitudes start with a smile and acknowledgement. Those three gyms I frequent, I changed the attitudes in there. When I start helping and bringing others up , they start doing the same to others.

The guy with poor body language, staring at the ground, making mean faces, almost knocking others over by not being aware of his surroundings is the guy that needs adjustment. You are emitting negative contagious behavior. Not Us.

Peace

WOW ..some impressive responses from some impressive guys

my experience/advice is along the same lines ..in life BE GRACIOUS to your fellow man

^^^you get some much more back in life when you do this

..for some of us, it's more natural than for other ..BUT YES, you can absolutely change ..life starts to take on vivid colors when you do too

one person who thinks and acts this way can change the environment anywhere
..i'v seen it happen personally
..not only did they change the environment around them, they changed the people

this world tries to condition us all to to be selfish ..especially the newer generation .."dog eat dog" seems to have become the generally accepted consensus
..like that's the only way to succeed here
..but remember, we're not dogs, we'r human beings ..and guys to provide better examples of how to be are needed

..anyway some of you guys are truly LARGER than LIFE ..i love it!! ..it sincerely made me smile

Yesterday during heavy leg day one of the talkers came over to me while I was catching my breath between squats, asked me to take a video for him (hes not s serious lifter). I told him I was in a hurry had to finish my squats but maybe later when I was only working calves ( to get him away). There were 6 other people around then after 10 minutes he finally asked someone else and felt the need to yell over to me and tell me he was good he got someone. I gave him a thumbs up. Then when I finished ans walked out of the squat room he tried to start a convo and I kept my head down. Lmao why not realize I wasn't into his video which would have led to small talk as this guy loves to socialize. Its like he specifically wanted me to video him.

I like the guys who come to ask me if I am using a piece of equipment a 100 ft away from me lol I always look at them stupid and just shake my head.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws