over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

people who talk to much

I agree.... THOSE guys to me are worse actually.... THOSE guys are the reasons why most people think bodybuilders are assholes.... the hoodie, the pissed off look, slamming weights, grunting.... is that shit really necessary?? im not saying to be a social butterfly but shit...at least crack a fuckin smile...LOL

Just my .02....

It's completely unnecessary. I only have a focused look on my face when I'm doing a set. In between, my face is neutral. I've never dropped or slammed weights, worn a hoody pulled over my head indoors, yelled, or grunted. I try to be as quiet as possible and I always am.

Although, a lot of people need to recognize that not everyone wants to, or is going to, get along with everyone. If someone I don't know starts talking to me I'm 100% courteous. However, if in getting to know someone they exhibit behavior or traits that I don't like or agree with, then I will not hide my disdain for them. Now I don't insult or yell at them. I just limit or avoid communication. I'm not going to make myself miserable by tolerating something just to spare somebody's feelings. Life is way too short for that nonsense. I'll give you a non-gym example. They hired a guy at my work and he was really friendly and said he was there to make a contribution, work hard etc. Great, seemed to be going well. Within a week he wasn't completing his tasks, taking long breaks, dicking around, time theft, all that stuff. Doesn't have a driver's licence when he's in his forties, so he's constantly asking people for rides everywhere without even offering to give them gas money. Won't call a cab or Uber, but he's going to have four different pairs of Air Jordan shoes that cost hundreds of dollars and the most expensive iPhone. Meanwhile, he also has a kid or kids that I doubt he's providing for. So while some people at work say "yeah, but he's a nice guy," myself and others know that actions speak louder than words.

I have a resting asshole face, but im actually very personable. I dont mind talking, once im done training. Training should 100% be fun, but i also take it pretty serious.

Especially if im deep in prep. 99% of the people there are acquaintances, not 'friends'. Sup bro, how you doing? Head nod. Should cover most bases :)

It's completely unnecessary. I only have a focused look on my face when I'm doing a set. In between, my face is neutral. I've never dropped or slammed weights, worn a hoody pulled over my head indoors, yelled, or grunted. I try to be as quiet as possible and I always am.

Although, a lot of people need to recognize that not everyone wants to, or is going to, get along with everyone. If someone I don't know starts talking to me I'm 100% courteous. However, if in getting to know someone they exhibit behavior or traits that I don't like or agree with, then I will not hide my disdain for them. Now I don't insult or yell at them. I just limit or avoid communication. I'm not going to make myself miserable by tolerating something just to spare somebody's feelings. Life is way too short for that nonsense. I'll give you a non-gym example. They hired a guy at my work and he was really friendly and said he was there to make a contribution, work hard etc. Great, seemed to be going well. Within a week he wasn't completing his tasks, taking long breaks, dicking around, time theft, all that stuff. Doesn't have a driver's licence when he's in his forties, so he's constantly asking people for rides everywhere without even offering to give them gas money. Won't call a cab or Uber, but he's going to have four different pairs of Air Jordan shoes that cost hundreds of dollars and the most expensive iPhone. Meanwhile, he also has a kid or kids that I doubt he's providing for. So while some people at work say "yeah, but he's a nice guy," myself and others know that actions speak louder than words.

Sounds horrible. They cant fire him? Its already been determined he's a liability and basically worthless.

I talk to people, but I do wear head phones while working out. I also wear a hat. I enjoy chatting with people. I don't want to talk to someone the whole time but it's good to meet others.

The gym IS a social environment...not that you have to be "social" but I think being courteous should be expected....I train at 5am.... from when I walk in to when I get to the back I must say good morning to at least 15 people.... do I converse? no... but I do say hello..... man or woman, young or old, a vet or a beginner.... I treat EVERYONE cordially.. if i'm training and someone approaches to talk to me I simply say " hey, i'm in the middle of training but when im done i'll answer your question"... done... its not that hard.
I will say I do NOT offer assistance anymore.... I see someone doing something wrong I mind my biz... I tried in the past and catch attitude so I don't bother....but if someone ASKS i'll be more than happy to help. Remember, we all started somewhere.

The gym IS a social environment...not that you have to be "social" but I think being courteous should be expected....I train at 5am.... from when I walk in to when I get to the back I must say good morning to at least 15 people.... do I converse? no... but I do say hello..... man or woman, young or old, a vet or a beginner.... I treat EVERYONE cordially.. if i'm training and someone approaches to talk to me I simply say " hey, i'm in the middle of training but when im done i'll answer your question"... done... its not that hard.

I will say I do NOT offer assistance anymore.... I see someone doing something wrong I mind my biz... I tried in the past and catch attitude so I don't bother....but if someone ASKS i'll be more than happy to help. Remember, we all started somewhere.

A great representation of a pro!

Every person that runs into you will have a higher opinion of “meatheads” just from those few seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those Aftershokx bone conduction headphones are great for both not being rude and not getting stuck in gym conversations. They don't go in your ear so you don't have to take them off to respond. This means chit chat doesn't interrupt your flow.

A great representation of a pro!

Every person that runs into you will have a higher opinion of “meatheads” just from those few seconds.

I couldn't imagine saying hi to 15 people ,in that case thr gym is more of a social club than working out. My goal is to increase fitness not care what people think of meatheads. That's the issue, people care what random strangers think .

I have a resting asshole face, but im actually very personable. I dont mind talking, once im done training. Training should 100% be fun, but i also take it pretty serious.

Especially if im deep in prep. 99% of the people there are acquaintances, not 'friends'. Sup bro, how you doing? Head nod. Should cover most bases :)

Resting asshole face? Maybe botox could help with that....:p

I couldn't imagine saying hi to 15 people ,in that case thr gym is more of a social club than working out. My goal is to increase fitness not care what people think of meatheads. That's the issue, people care what random strangers think .

What is wrong with saying hello to people when you walk by them? It doesn't take any energy or time. Ill do that if I just walk by someone in public usually, unless it is really crowded. If the place is sparse of people and I walk right by someone I will at least give a nod or something.

These days a person can be in a medical emergency and others just walk by like they aren't even there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM6qL9WkDvU

I saw something similar at a Megadeth concert when a young lady passed out and her boyfriend didn't even get up out of his seat to go help her. She had gotten up and was walking down an aisle. He saw her collapse. Workers there grabbed her and carried her out. The boyfriend never even got up.

This one is bad:
Video footage of a man being ignored as he begged for help following a road accident that killed his wife and child led to accusations of "shameful" public apathy in India on Monday. Images of the video footage showing the incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvszC76CA4

When I was a 16 year old kid I once saw an old man pass out on the beach and nobody went up to him to help him. I too didn't rush up. Looking back now I wish I had. He must have lay there for 5 minutes before anyone ran for help. This was before cell phones. The guy died of a heart attack. People were just walking around his body on the beach.

I just think it is part of being human, to at least acknowledge the presence of another human being.

Last edited:
I just don't see it like that, why does anyone need acknowledgement for simply for existing? if its a church, or a family gathering, yes. but to simply acknowledge a random person at the gym? I just don't see the point, or how it is rude to not acknowledge them. The majority of people don't acknowledge others. It goes both ways, I don't want to be acknowledged at 5am at the gym, I simply want to be left alone be quiet and workout I don't want any attention, thats not why im there. When people do feel the need to acknowledge everyone it looks socially awkward in my eyes and ive spoken to people who agree.

We have this one guy at work who sticks out his fist bump and wants a fist bump when he walks by. This is an adult. There isn't something going on in his head, that as an adult he wants a fist bump from another adult?

I live in the USA as I believe most here do too, id be interested to see how other cultures do it. Japan, the Middle East, Russia, is it considered awkward or polite or necessary to acknowledge a person in the gym when your working out? I almost feel like the answer is no but I don't know, would be interesting to hear from other cultures.

I think its worse having a cry about it on the internet. What would the pops think about that? ;)

Saying hi takes 2 seconds.

Since the time I walk through the door; I say hi to probably 10 people between the reception desk, locker room and the gym. It can be a head nod, hello or just a handshake.

Just common courtesy. I’ve been training at the same time at the same gym for the past 6 years; it doesn’t take any effort for me and nobody is bothering me mid workout. But hey not everybody is social; that’s cool too.

I’m just fascinated to see the grunting juiced up wolverines walking around gyms staring people down who look their way. Like chill out tough guy; you’re lifting weights, not fighting in Ramadi.

What is wrong with saying hello to people when you walk by them?
it gives them an invitation to chew your ear off and some people might get the wrong idea that you want to begin a conversation. there's nothing wrong with saying hello, however, you have to be careful. i guess it comes down to how much time can you spare and how comfortable you are conversing. i hate being rude to people and try not be a dick but the truth is that when i'm in the gym i'm very content not talking to anyone. i really do want to be in and out. there are other places where i'm happy to converse, though.

your example about the guy who had a heart attack is something i can relate to. i've seen people collapse on the street and scumbags pull their phones out and record rather trying to help or get cops. that's how much people value their social media and how little they value a human life.

Saying hi takes 2 seconds.

Since the time I walk through the door; I say hi to probably 10 people between the reception desk, locker room and the gym. It can be a head nod, hello or just a handshake.

Just common courtesy. I’ve been training at the same time at the same gym for the past 6 years; it doesn’t take any effort for me and nobody is bothering me mid workout. But hey not everybody is social; that’s cool too.

I’m just fascinated to see the grunting juiced up wolverines walking around gyms staring people down who look their way. Like chill out tough guy; you’re lifting weights, not fighting in Ramadi.

LMFAO!... Thee best post right here!! you NAILED IT... JUST COMMON COURTESY..... which has completely disappeared .... wtf is wrong with people nowadays...

Its funny...actually this morning.... I see one of these dingalings.. all Tren'd out or geeked out or something... hoodie...grunting, walking around all pissed off .. talking to himself "cmon bitch".. "work"!!!... meanwhile doing the exercise completely wrong... im just sitting there laughing to myself... "what a fuckin tard"...

I joined planet fitness. No one bothers me there. At LA fitness all the old out of shape dudes want to tell me stories about how they looked like me back in the day, bitch you never looked like me who you kidding! [emoji57][emoji4][emoji23]

Really no big deal to acknowledge someone in the gym. You never know if you have just made a new friend or somebody that could have a profound influence in your life! In the grand scheme of things it makes absolutely no difference to your physique if you rest one minute or three minutes between sets, contest prep or not.

I talk to people, but I do wear head phones while working out. I also wear a hat. I enjoy chatting with people. I don't want to talk to someone the whole time but it's good to meet others.

Same. I also won't hesitate to tell someone I need to do my set if we are in the middle of talking. The person always understands.

I joined planet fitness. No one bothers me there. At LA fitness all the old out of shape dudes want to tell me stories about how they looked like me back in the day, bitch you never looked like me who you kidding! [emoji57][emoji4][emoji23]

Ok THIS is annoying. It's not only guys at the gym who do this either :rolleyes:

There is a guy in my building who makes a gym related joke literally every single time he sees me. I'm like jeez man come up with new material. There's more about me than the fact I work out.

Ok THIS is annoying. It's not only guys at the gym who do this either :rolleyes:

There is a guy in my building who makes a gym related joke literally every single time he sees me. I'm like jeez man come up with new material. There's more about me than the fact I work out.
Haha, yea at work too I get shit like that. You're right not just at the gym, old dudes do this everywhere.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws