advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Peptides/GH to Heal Patellar Tendonitis - Suggestions?

limitless1

Newbies
I've had severe Patellar Tendonitis in my knees for a few months now, am unable to do daily activities without pain. I'm determined to get rid of this injury as quickly as possible. I've tried physical therapy for a couple months, had a PRP injection a couple weeks ago (need to give it more time) but im willing to do anything to speed up the healing process. It doesnt seem to be improving at all.

Has anyone with Jumpers Knee (Knee Tendonitis) or any tendonitis ever used a peptide or Growth Hormone to clear this up? I'm thinking about BPC-157 to begin. Possibly HGH on top? Im new to this so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have used bpc 157 at 250mcg or 500mcg for months now along with 3-4iu GH. Mine was for quadricep tendinosis. Rehab + time off from pain free acitivity + light lifting + the supps mentioned were the reason I was unable to bend knee without pain 6-7 months ago and now am able to fully train legs twice a week hard with zero post workout pain.

I slowly worked my volume and intensity back up to where now my knee can handle it. Slightly different injury but I thought I tell you my experience.

Anything that increases HGH will help as HGH increases collagen production.

When I was having shoulder issues I was on Mod/GHRP2 3x day, BPC, and TB500. I was blown away by how well my shoulder healed.

I've had severe Patellar Tendonitis in my knees for a few months now, am unable to do daily activities without pain. I'm determined to get rid of this injury as quickly as possible. I've tried physical therapy for a couple months, had a PRP injection a couple weeks ago (need to give it more time) but im willing to do anything to speed up the healing process. It doesnt seem to be improving at all.

Has anyone with Jumpers Knee (Knee Tendonitis) or any tendonitis ever used a peptide or Growth Hormone to clear this up? I'm thinking about BPC-157 to begin. Possibly HGH on top? Im new to this so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Couple of weeks it is not enough to feel effects of PRP, give it 2-3 months, during the first month it may be more painful than before. I had PRP injections elsewhere, they were most efficient when combined with GH releasing peptides (grhp2 or ipamorelin plus cjc no dac), it speeded healing process after injection. Proper physical therapy is also needed, new collagen fibers, which form after the injection, should be formed properly, so this is a must.

BPC 157 acts anti inflammatory, and this is what you should avoid 2-3 months after the PRP injection, any anti inflammatory action will spoil the way it works.

Thanks for the advice everyone! Didn't realize BPC-157 is an anti-inflammatory so I definitely need to avoid this for now. Looking into some HGH type peptides now.

After doing some further research it appears GHRP-2 does have some anti-inflammtory properties in the liver of rates (view source below). Wondering if this means it will negatively affect my PRP injection? If so, anyone know of a Growth Hormone Peptide that doesnt exhibit any Anti-Inflammtory properties? Much appreciated!

"Abstract
It has been reported that growth hormone (GH)-releasing peptide-2 (GHRP-2), a ghrelin receptor agonist, has an anti-inflammatory effect. We investigated whether this GH secretagogue attenuates liver injury in LPS-treated rats. Wistar rats were simultaneously injected (ip) with LPS (1 mg/kg) and/or GHRP-2 (100 microg/kg). Serum levels of aspartate and alanine transaminases were measured as an index of liver damage. Circulating nitrites/nitrates and hepatic IGF-I and TNF-alpha were evaluated as possible mediators of GHRP-2 actions. LPS increased serum levels of transaminases and nitrites/nitrates. Moreover, LPS increased hepatic TNF-alpha and decreased hepatic IGF-I mRNAs. GHRP-2 administration attenuated the effects of LPS on transaminases, nitrites/nitrates, TNF-alpha, and IGF-I in vivo. This GHRP-2 effect does not seem to be due to modifications in food intake, since fasting did not modify serum levels of transaminases, serum nitrites/nitrates, and hepatic TNF-alpha mRNA both in vehicle rats and in LPS-injected rats. To elucidate whether GHRP-2 is acting directly on the liver, cocultures of hepatocytes and nonparenchymal cells and monocultures of isolated hepatocytes were incubated with LPS and GHRP-2. The ghrelin receptor agonist prevented an endotoxin-induced increase in transaminases and nitrite/nitrate release as well as in TNF-alpha mRNA and increased IGF-I mRNA from cocultures of hepatocytes and nonparenchymal cells, but not from monocultures. In summary, these data indicate that GHRP-2 has a protective effect on the liver in LPS-injected rats that seems to be mediated by IGF-I, TNF-alpha, and nitric oxide. Our data also suggest that the anti-inflammatory effect of GHRP-2 in the liver is exerted on nonparenchymal cells."

Last edited:
The chronic painful Achilles and patellar tendon: research on basic biology and treatment.
Alfredson H. Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2005.
Show full citation
Abstract
The etiology and pathogenesis of chronic tendon pain are unknown. Even though tendon biopsies having shown an absence of inflammatory cell infiltration, anti-inflammatory agents (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, corticosteroidal injections) are commonly used. We have demonstrated that it is possible to use intratendinous microdialysis to investigate human tendons, and found normal prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) levels in chronic painful tendinosis (Achilles and patellar) tendons. Furthermore, gene technological analyses of biopsies showed no upregulation of pro-inflammatory cytokines. These findings show that there is no PGE2-mediated intratendinous inflammation in the chronic stage of these conditions. The neurotransmitter glutamate (a potent modulator of pain in the central nervous system) was, for the first time, found in human tendons. Microdialysis showed significantly higher glutamate levels in chronic painful tendinosis (Achilles and patellar) tendons, compared with pain-free normal control tendons. The importance of this finding is under evaluation. Treatment is considered to be difficult, and not seldom, surgery is needed. However, recent researches on non-surgical methods have shown promising clinical results. Painful eccentric calf-muscle training has been demonstrated to give good clinical short- and mid-term results on patients with chronic painful mid-portion Achilles tendinosis. Good clinical results were associated with decreased tendon thickness and a structurally more normal tendon with no remaining neovessels. Using ultrasonography (US)+color Doppler (CD), and immunhistochemical analyses of biopsies, we have recently demonstrated a vasculo/neural (Substance-P and Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide nerves) ingrowth in the chronic painful tendinosis tendon, but not in the pain-free normal tendon. A specially designed treatment, using US- and CD-guided injections of the sclerosing agent Polidocanol, targeting the neovessels outside the tendon, has been shown to cure tendon pain in pilot studies, in a majority of the patients. A recent, randomized, double-blind study verified the importance of injecting the sclerosing substance Polidocanol.

I am going to combine rHGH with my PRP therapy in hopes of an extra speedy recovery. I've been having tendonitis for about 3 months now. I will make a journal here.

One study showed that rHGH increased collagen synthesis by up to 6 times in 14 days. I will be following a similar dosing protocol. Ordering the goods today!

Currently I am unable to walk for more than 10 minutes without severe pain & have to stay in my bed most of the day. Luckily I own an online business so I can do work from my laptop.

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
I have got to try this bpc 157. I have terrible knees and a bum rotator cuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Time for an update.

As of a few days ago, my knees seem to be improved slightly. I would have to accredit this to the PRP treatment I had about 4 weeks ago. I still am very limited in the activities I can do but the pain has lessened. I am able to sit in a chair for a longer period of time before the pain comes on.

I have begun Pharm grade HGH as well 3 days ago. My dosage protocal is as follows:

Week 1: 2 IU
Week 2: 3 IU
Week 3: 4 IU
Week 5-16: 5 IU

I am going to let the PRP and HGH run its course.

I currently have the peptides IGF and BPC-157, but have decided to save this for a phase 2 (if need be). I don't want to mix any anti-inflammatorys with the PRP treatment.

I'd like to thank everyone for their responses above, and Ill keep the updates coming!

Time for an update.

As of a few days ago, my knees seem to be improved slightly. I would have to accredit this to the PRP treatment I had about 4 weeks ago. I still am very limited in the activities I can do but the pain has lessened. I am able to sit in a chair for a longer period of time before the pain comes on.

I have begun Pharm grade HGH as well 3 days ago. My dosage protocal is as follows:

Week 1: 2 IU
Week 2: 3 IU
Week 3: 4 IU
Week 5-16: 5 IU

I am going to let the PRP and HGH run its course.

I currently have the peptides IGF and BPC-157, but have decided to save this for a phase 2 (if need be). I don't want to mix any anti-inflammatorys with the PRP treatment.

I'd like to thank everyone for their responses above, and Ill keep the updates coming!
Any update?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner