over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Perfect torso, lacking legs.

Cinder

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I'm just curious on what everyone would do in this situation.
(Workout and PED protocol)

Like the headline says...
Lets say (in your mind) that every body part from the waist up was perfect. But your legs were incredibly behind in development.

most will just wear long shorts or pants, or long basketball shorts ( nba did late 80s 90s, to hide the weak stick legs , bad for business).

Ped protocol lol

Work with a physical therapist who knows their shit and learn how to full squat perfectly for your structure and learn what flexibility and stabilizer issues you have to work on. Squat every leg workout, it doesn't matter how heavy, it only matters that you are slowly progressing on form, intensity, and power. I think 8-15 rep range is ideal for size. Repeat as frequently as recovery will allow, probably every 4-7 days.

That I believe is the shortest path to big legs.

1. Separate your hamstring and quad training. Put them on different days

2. Find what exercises work for you and hammer them, abandon ones you don’t feel. For example, I don’t feel SLDL, so I don’t do them. I do feel leg curls and GHR so I hammer those exercises. Same goes for squats, I don’t connect well so I don’t do them, but pendulum squats fry my quads so I hammer those.

3. Use slin pre and post training on leg days only .

These 3 things have helped me bring my legs up from completely embarrassing to they mostly match my physique, and I’m in my 40s which is when legs typically go to shit.

Train legs
Yes, this is my answer also, and I mean REALLY train legs, if your legs are that far behind without any type of injury then you obviously were never TRULY "training legs".

I'm just curious on what everyone would do in this situation.
(Workout and PED protocol)

Like the headline says...
Lets say (in your mind) that every body part from the waist up was perfect. But your legs were incredibly behind in development.

You need to list the current protocol for gear and leg routine.

My opinion.

Assuming you have not been training your legs or have been half-assing it, it may be time to step up your game.

Squats would be my 1st exercise. 3x per week as part of a full body routine. Or drop the torso exercise completely and just focus on your legs. (Your upper body will return very quickly, no worries.)

You pick the reps and sets but I would keep the reps up . . . 15 to 20 is a safe bet, maybe as high as 50 now and again. Pay particular attention to your form (heels elevated helps me) and don’t get hung up on the amount of weight. Form and control are most important.

A member here recommended a 10 x 10 routine, all sets done with the same weight, 20 second rest between sets and never let your hands leave the bar. It will feel light and easy at the start but by the end you will barely be able to walk, let alone sit down.

And there are more leg machines now than ever (most are garbage to me) and aside from focusing on squats, find one that is comfortable for you.

Don’t do too many exercises or too many sets. But work each one as if your life depended on it. You may not ever develop the legs you want but they will improve with time and hard work.

I still like the idea of dropping upper body exercises and just exercising legs, 3x a week. This will remove all doubt as to the effectiveness of this protocol. Many are afraid to make this commitment, will sneak in an exercise or to for this or that but you are only robbing yourself of your best possible chance to bring your legs up to your genetic potential.

Okay guys...

So this post isn't about me. Perfect torso and me don't mix lol. I wanted my friend to see what others had to say about his problem.

For one the "PED protocol" might sound silly (and I agree)
but I knew a few would bring up insulin and maybe even suspensions. A lot of guys use slin (or more slin) and other gear on the lacking body part days only. That's not silly at all imo. High and low carb days work with this.

I was expecting more guys to discuss dropping upper body days in favor of more legs days, as in just simply maintaining those other body parts (while hopefully doing enough to keep your strength up in those body parts)
like alfresco mentioned.

Also. Many are lacking legs or other body parts no matter how "hard" they work them. Some are blessed by doing very little. For example I don't need to do much for arms and shoulders. My half brother barely does legs and yet they're insane.

Also. Many are lacking legs or other body parts no matter how "hard" they work them. Some are blessed by doing very little. For example I don't need to do much for arms and shoulders. My half brother barely does legs and yet they're insane.
I would say a lot of people who try to bring up lagging body parts end up overtraining them. Or, often in the case of arms, they are already overtraining them and that is why they are behind. Sometimes people who barely have to work good body parts have those good body parts because they barely work them.

Volume without enough intensity doesn't seem to work for most. Intensity with too much volume also doesn't seem to work. Intensity with low volume takes a level of skill and focus that is difficult to develop. The catch-22 here is skill focus and is difficult to master without enough volume.

I would say a lot of people who try to bring up lagging body parts end up overtraining them. Or, often in the case of arms, they are already overtraining them and that is why they are behind. Sometimes people who barely have to work good body parts have those good body parts because they barely work them.

Volume without enough intensity doesn't seem to work for most. Intensity with too much volume also doesn't seem to work. Intensity with low volume takes a level of skill and focus that is difficult to develop. The catch-22 here is skill focus and is difficult to master without enough volume.

All good points K. Thank you. Especially the overtraining part. It is my
opinion, and I have personally noticed this as of late because my
workout schedule has been hit or miss, it that if I miss a week which
has been the case with me, and I return to weight training stronger,
than in fact I am or have been overtraining.

It is a simple enough 'experiment' to conduct on ones self. Take a week
off (or more to a point) and when you return are you stronger or weaker?
If you come back stronger than you have been overtraining. If come
back weaker than maybe you need more volume or intensity. I don't
know or have all the answers but I do know, as you alluded to, it is
a delicate balance.

Like I said, I have experienced this lately as my training has been on
again, off again. Given a week off when I return, I usually return at the
same level of strength. But if I take a month or two off I will definitely
return weaker. A week off in some exercises I will come back stronger
so I will and have made adjustments to keep things in balance. But
just about always it comes down to doing less, not more.

This balancing act can be difficult as body parts respond differently to
the stimulus. Some with ease and some take drastic measures to
correct if correctable at all.

And PEDs play a huge role in all of this, another huge variable as people
introduce or drop certain compounds it may be difficult or perhaps
even impossible to know what is responsible for what. And the only way,
in this instance, to come up with a meaningful answer is to introduce
'things' serially as opposed to starting out with, for instance, three
different compounds. Again, what is responsible for what?

What this has to do with legs I don't know as I seem to be rambling,
trying to make sense of why some things work well and some things
don't. But as with the case of leg development or any lagging body
part, some are correctable. I have weak legs in proportion to my
torso for example and have tried / done what I suggest and some
improvement is noticeable but they will never be what I want them to
be. And while I don't compete it is of no real consequence and something
that I have come to terms with which may in fact be the most difficult
part. Just do the best you can with what you have.

Back to training. Again, when in doubt do less. Not less intensity, but less
volume, less frequency, fewer exercises and really really concentrate on
a few, one or two exercises and let the other body parts just come along
for the ride, or maybe not even train them if the disparity is so great and
bothersome. Experiment, keep accurate records so you understand the
the cause and effect of what you are doing otherwise you are just shooting
in the dark. My opinion.

Rambling (again) I know so will close for now.

Most lifters are more overtrained than subtrained.

If you want to improve small / secondary muscles like arms and shoulders, you may need to train them after other larger muscles and not touch them more throughout the week. Or maybe you need to dedicate a day to them. I am the first option because I get paranoid dividing the routine in many days because I do not like the idea of training triceps 2 days before or 2 days after training chest. It would cut the recovery of that muscle and would harm my chest training. The same with the biceps and the back.

I feel that training arms after back and chest, the weights in the exercises are less than if I have a day of arms, but the size is the same. The only time I lose strength and size is if I have a powerlifting routine where you only train squats, presses and deadlifts and there is no direct work for the arms.

But if your problem involves a large muscle like legs or back, it requires a different approach. The first step is to train hard and with basic exercises that we all know. If that doesn't work, you could try a frequency 2, splitting leg into quads and hams. The back may require a wider variety of exercises and angles.

The way about 80% of gym rats train....they need not worry about "overtraining". LOL

The way about 80% of gym rats train....they need not worry about "overtraining". LOL

True.

I rarely, if ever, spot people but on the rare occasion I do I am never asked
again twice by the same person. Case in point . . . was asked to spot a guy
doing benches. He said he was going for a max, 1 rep. By the time I was
finished with him; intimidating him, calling him ever name in the book and some
he probable never hear of, and refusing to touch the bar and letting him get
'stuck' (so I said but would never do really do that) he managed 4 reps and
has never asked for a spot or said a word to me since. Oh well.

I would call that intensity but is as rare as saber-tooth tigers in New Your City.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws