over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Peri-nutrition

Comegetsome

Registered
Curious to hear how some others go about thier pre/intra/post calories. I'm a hard gainer. I started using malt/dextrose @35g each post with about 40g protein. I'm not sensitive to dextrose so I haven't switched to hbcd yet. I also started using Intra Md for my intra. I try to eat about 1hr before my training and have 4-6oz protein and 35-45 carbs in the form of sweet potatoes. I'm all about trying to get the most of of my workout. Any suggestions?

Dr Scott Stevenson is a well respected member on here and has written about this topic extensively. Do a google search...

u burn maybe, a few hundred calories at the most in a workout, much less than u think.
all this intra workout food is fuckin ridiculous. hell, if u eat a bunch b4 training even the so-called 30 minute window isnt valid.
"what do crossfitters eat" had an extensive study using a bunch of people training, blood tests during and after lotsa charts and data, and found its just a way for marketers to push their supps.
but if y'all feel good doing it, so be it.

If you are using Intra-MD, then you actually ARE having HBCDs.
And with that, there is no need for another carb/protein shake PWO.

I go from having my intra to my PWO meal.

The days of 3-4 shakes around your workout are done. 1 intra that you sip pre-intra-as you finish works just fine. Too much technicalities here too...

Find a carb you can digest
Add amines or a fast digesting protein
Drink around your workout
Done.

The above have pretty much covered everything. If you want to add lots of muscle you can't go wrong with something like.

Pre workout (1-2 hours pre workout)... complex carbs, protein and some fats. I like oats, banana with flavoured protein powder and chia seeds mixed in. A nice steak with sweet potatoes and melted butter could be great too.

During training... Intra MD... 2-3 scoops

Post workout meal... something like chicken with wild rice. Just something full of good qaulity protein and carbs.

It's not rocket science and something simple like the above would be great. There is no need to be drinking 3 fast shakes and having 2 meals as your body will struggle to digest everything. Even the above could be too much for some. That's why you need to make sure there is some space between meals and training as the Intra MD is being used.

I found paying attention to intraWO let me be a lot more lax with pre and postWO nutrition / meal timing

I won't go to the gym completely starving but as long as I've had a meal in the last 1-2hrs I won't hesitate to go workout knowing I'll have sufficient carbs to fuel me via HBCDs and some EAAs for MPS etc

Then postWO I'm not freaking out about drinking some isolate or whatever, I'm free to shower, hit the grocery store and pick up steaks for mrs.SP and myself...grill said steaks and eat at my (our) leisure...

I think an intra is also of great benefit for those who train soon after waking up in the morning.

u burn maybe, a few hundred calories at the most in a workout, much less than u think.
all this intra workout food is fuckin ridiculous. hell, if u eat a bunch b4 training even the so-called 30 minute window isnt valid.
"what do crossfitters eat" had an extensive study using a bunch of people training, blood tests during and after lotsa charts and data, and found its just a way for marketers to push their supps.
but if y'all feel good doing it, so be it.

Or maybe some use it to get more cals in like myself and it actually helps with recovery, from my own findings :)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws