YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Peri-Workout Nutrition Article (part 3 - Implementation)

flexdurden

Featured Member / Kilo Klub / RIP
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Thought this may be of interest for some regarding peri-workout nutrition. This is part three to Homonunculus's series on peri-workout nutrition.

**broken link removed**

Great article Scott!

Thought this may be of interest for some regarding peri-workout nutrition. This is part three to Homonunculus's series on peri-workout nutrition.

**broken link removed**

Great article Scott!

THANKS for posting, MF.

This is the most important one to read, IMO. :)

-S

Great article, thank you. Reinforces my use of TP powdered muscle during my training :)

Scott, would you be able to share with us what YOUR basic peri-workout shake looks like? I'm not asking for what you give most of your clients necessarily, but what is optimal for you on a given day. This would include the actual products name, amounts, and anything else you throw in. Also perhaps how much you dilute it in. Thanks!

EDIT: I wrote this before reading the article...and while I obviously am seeing your preferences and guidelines while I read it, I'm still hoping for a specific recipe of what you deem necessary for yourself. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that brother!!

I missed part 2 and just did a search and didn't see it. Would you mind posting that up in this thread?

Thanks!!

Thanks for posting that brother!!

I missed part 2 and just did a search and didn't see it. Would you mind posting that up in this thread?

Thanks!!

Here you go Renew: **broken link removed**

If you go on the Elite FTS site and hit the drop down for authors you'll see Scott there and if you click him it'll pull them up.

Is he saying to mix your protein with milk post-workout?

Thanks for the repost! I hadn't caught that one yet.

Here you go Renew: **broken link removed**

If you go on the Elite FTS site and hit the drop down for authors you'll see Scott there and if you click him it'll pull them up.

Thanks!

Is he saying to mix your protein with milk post-workout?

He was showing that a milk based RS can be used effectively for amino acid component of the RS AND/OR that you can increase the caloric content of your RS by mixing with milk instead of using an additional scoop of protein powder and a carb powder, since milk has both protein and carbs. However, due to the rate of digestion of milk, during training, as Scott wrote in the preceding section, there are other sources of amino acids that can spike blood amino acids levels faster.

TBH i had never heard of this...however i stumbled upon doing it by necessity...for me...I always had with me for post workout a mix of bcaa, creatine, protein and a carb mix ( lately rice flour )..as i add as little water as possible and eat it as a thick paste...drinking even a shake i feel bloated..this way i never do. However, id been dieting and often at times got extremely hungry during a training session as id got to the gym later than planned having ate earlier. So i then started having my mix usually prior to my last exercise or two...unless it was back or legs days. I was usually okay on these days as just the one bodypart.
I actually felt my muscles soaking up at times...but the other benefit i found, which was mentioned in part 3...i was able to eat my next meal sooner and despite dieting...the extra calories werent a negative aspect..i generally follow eat when hungry....this routinely tends to be the 3hr mark anyway...but varies as you know...
So...point being...i love it...and now..' off season ' so to speak...still do and relish the extra feed/calories...
Good article...thanks

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner