over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Peripheral Artery Disease

Neither losartan nor Telmisartan should cause any ED. It didnt change anything for me. Telmisartan is really worth a shot especially since improved lipids seem important in your case. Which also comes with literally no sides so its does the same job like a mild statin but with no downsides.

How effective is telmisartan for lipid health? Is it mild or significant?

How effective is telmisartan for lipid health? Is it mild or significant?
Its noticable by looking at my regular blood work. It lowers ldl and boosts hdl by about 10-15 points. Im sure its even more noticable for people that are not gifted with a good lipid profile like me.

Get a Calcium CT test done. It will give you your plaque score but more screening/imaging may be necessary if you have blockages. They'll be able access if you need nothing at this point, a stent/stents, or bypass surgery. Cheap out of pocket cost for the test!
What do you think of a CT score of 34?

Neither losartan nor Telmisartan should cause any ED. It didnt change anything for me. Telmisartan is really worth a shot especially since improved lipids seem important in your case. Which also comes with literally no sides so its does the same job like a mild statin but with no downsides.
I definitely could use the added lipid lowering effects. My appointment with my PCP is tomorrow and I'll get her to script me Telmisartan in place of the losartan. Thanks for the information!

I recently had ultrasound images, checking my carotid, aortic, and peripheral arteries for plaque/blood flow. Both my carotid and aortic, both sides, were all normal, according to the tests. However, my peripheral arteries showed me to have mild/moderate blockages/restricted blood flow, abnormal on both sides. My ABI was .88 on both sides. Does anyone else have this disease or any helpful knowledge about it and if so how are you best treating it with the least amount of side effects? My LDL stays around mid 100's and my HDL fluctuates from anywhere high 20's to low 40's. I currently don't use any statins (muscle and joint pain issues) or any other medication for cholesterol. I've had quite a few surgeries on my lower back and abdomen over the last few years that really limited my walking and workouts for several months to a year at a time which I'm sure didn't help because the same test I had done for PAD was fine 4 years ago. I now experience sometimes severe pain (strong muscle cramping, tightness, overly pumped with blood feeling) in my hips, glutes, lower back and sometimes calves, when I walk for any length of time, requiring me to sit or lie down frequently to stop the pain. I'm not sure if it's related to the PAD or not but read that it could be... My hips are extremely tight and inflexible though... I've got an appointment with my primary care doctor on Tuesday to discuss. Any recommendations or experience with how to successfully treat or medications for this would be helpful and appreciated. I haven't ran anything more than my doctor prescribed TRT for quite a few years now so I don't think it's related to that...
Update: I saw my PCP today and she wasn't concerned at all with my test for PAD. She said that my ABI of .88 was only off of the lowest acceptable number by .02, so not enough to be concerned about. She agreed to switch my blood pressure medication to Telmisartan and I started it tonight. Getting fasted bloodwork done next week to check pretty much everything else. She is mostly concerned with getting my cholesterol down.

3 weeks ago i had a heart cath done, where they inject dye and then a sleep study done,i now have 2 stents, and sleep with a cpap machine! Damn im 55 years old,sucks aging.
Sounds like you caught it early! Have you checked yourself out for clotting disorders? Just one more thing that can go wrong. Does your family have a history of heart disease?

I was the first to get a clot in my family, that we know about. It can go undetected for many generations before it is found out.

Update: I saw my PCP today and she wasn't concerned at all with my test for PAD. She said that my ABI of .88 was only off of the lowest acceptable number by .02, so not enough to be concerned about. She agreed to switch my blood pressure medication to Telmisartan and I started it tonight. Getting fasted bloodwork done next week to check pretty much everything else. She is mostly concerned with getting my cholesterol down.
What is your ldl now? They want mine under 100, and it's usually around 60.

Sounds like you caught it early! Have you checked yourself out for clotting disorders? Just one more thing that can go wrong. Does your family have a history of heart disease?

I was the first to get a clot in my family, that we know about. It can go undetected for many generations before it is found out.
Hey buddy. Well im on a blood thinner. No clots,yet lol. I am adopted, know nothing about my family history.

Hey buddy. Well im on a blood thinner. No clots,yet lol. I am adopted, know nothing about my family history.
Oh wow. That would frustrate me to not know family history. Funny thing though, even knowing your family history is not going to save you from disaster in cases like mine. So many traits fly under the radar for generations. You can start now though if you have kids, making sure they learn about your health problems.

Hemoglobin 20.2
Hematocrit 59.9

I tried to donate blood yesterday but my hemoglobin was .2 too high.

MORE SHITTY!

Hemoglobin 20.2
Hematocrit 59.9

MORE SHITTY!
Yeah, I had the same happen to me before my heart attack. I finally resorted to doing my own phlebotomy, and I dont recommend doing that. About 2 days after doing mine I had my blood clot. Was doing my own linked to the clot? Ill never know. If i were you, id see a doctor, and try to have him give you orders to get them done periodically to keep your hemoglobin down. My hematologist keeps mine around 15. Yours is up as high as mine was when I had the heart attack. Only thing about seeing a doctor, I think youll have to spill the beans about taking steroids and thats why it is high. If they are a good doctor, they will help you out. I had a bad family doctor and he just ordered me to stop steroids cold turkey. He wouldnt do a phlebotomy. I told my doctors about my steroid use and everything has been just fine. There are laws to protect us now. That was back in 2008 too. Ive never suffered any ill consequences from telling my doctors about my steroid use. I have told them all too, which is many by now!

For now you need to drop down to HRT dose of 100 mg/wk test and play it safe. You dont want that getting any higher. Try to get a doctor to order you a phlebotomy.

Total cholesterol was 254
LDL 178
HDL 35
SHITTY!
Yeah, not good. My HDL is shitty too. Mine is about what yours is. Last reading I had, total cholesterol was under 100.

Hemoglobin 20.2
Hematocrit 59.9

MORE SHITTY!

^^^hey brother ..drinking a half gal water 10mins before you walk in can take care of that kind of discrepancy/difference

..don't know if you'r already on blood thinners? ..if not stay thin on Aspirin
(..cinnamon works very well at thinning blood too)

Yeah, I had the same happen to me before my heart attack. I finally resorted to doing my own phlebotomy, and I dont recommend doing that. About 2 days after doing mine I had my blood clot. Was doing my own linked to the clot? Ill never know. If i were you, id see a doctor, and try to have him give you orders to get them done periodically to keep your hemoglobin down. My hematologist keeps mine around 15. Yours is up as high as mine was when I had the heart attack. Only thing about seeing a doctor, I think youll have to spill the beans about taking steroids and thats why it is high. If they are a good doctor, they will help you out. I had a bad family doctor and he just ordered me to stop steroids cold turkey. He wouldnt do a phlebotomy. I told my doctors about my steroid use and everything has been just fine. There are laws to protect us now. That was back in 2008 too. Ive never suffered any ill consequences from telling my doctors about my steroid use. I have told them all too, which is many by now!

For now you need to drop down to HRT dose of 100 mg/wk test and play it safe. You dont want that getting any higher. Try to get a doctor to order you a phlebotomy.
I've not been on a real cycle in 12 or 13 years... It was never this high way back when I did. I've only been on 120mgs of test (dr. prescribed) per week for 13 yearsish with the exception of bumping it up once per year for 8 weeks in the summers and even then the highest was 400mg/wk but usually only 200 or 300. I dropped it down to only 100mgs 3 weeks before my bloodwork. I'm concerned that something else is going on. I had a section of my small intestine removed last August and things have been off for me since.

^^^hey brother ..drinking a half gal water 10mins before you walk in can take care of that kind of discrepancy/difference

..don't know if you'r already on blood thinners? ..if not stay thin on Aspirin
(..cinnamon works very well at thinning blood too)

I'm not on any prescribed blood thinners but have been taking an aspirin nightly for almost 20 years just to help with this.

I've not been on a real cycle in 12 or 13 years... It was never this high way back when I did. I've only been on 120mgs of test (dr. prescribed) per week for 13 yearsish with the exception of bumping it up once per year for 8 weeks in the summers and even then the highest was 400mg/wk but usually only 200 or 300. I dropped it down to only 100mgs 3 weeks before my bloodwork. I'm concerned that something else is going on. I had a section of my small intestine removed last August and things have been off for me since.
Well, I only take 100 mg/wk test cyp through script also, and my hemoglobin slowly builds up over time. Ive not had a phlebotomy in about a year or so and my hemoglobin is up now to a bit over 18. If i dont get one soon, it will continue to rise. Has your level been a slow and steady rise over the course of a year or more? Do you ever get phlebotomies to lower it? I know with me that even just 100 mg/wk testosterone will raise my hemoglobin to high levels if I dont get a phlebotomy.

I'm not on any prescribed blood thinners but have been taking an aspirin nightly for almost 20 years just to help with this.
If you have not already, you should see a hematologist. I did and hes the one that watches my blood clot disorder and has me on coumadin. He also watches my hemoglobin and gives me the phlebotomies. He took a bone marrow biopsy from my hip to make sure there wasnt something serious wrong with me to cause my hemoglobin to build up so fast. He found nothing thankfully. You might want to get that done to rule those things out.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws