over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Personal best on squats

Dang thats alot of weight congrats. Im trying to stay injury free now but my best was 520 for 2 reps at 5'8 204. Now I rarely go above 405 8-10 last set. MM

Damn, I just puked after reading that! Haven't done high rep squats in a long time and never in a smith machine. Very impressive.

PB

585 for 20 is awesome. Sounds like you have the right atmosphere and training partners to conquer some big lifts.

lol vein :D
awesome bro ! thats some serious weight , and 20 reps , damn !
my best till now is 465 for 7 reps , got a lot of catching up to do :) .

awe struck

I have been thinking about this thread for 3 days now.
It is really bugging the shit out of me.
20x585 holy phuk
And I thought I was doing good eeking out 18 reps with 405.
That is awesome, way out of my league. I am still getting stronger, but at age 36 I will never get close to that.
In all honesty, this thread make me feel like a pussy.
Maybe I should take up another hobby
KnuckleHed

Thanks for all the input fellas

Hey Knuckle, 405x18 is awesome too, I turn 36 yrs old next month so age has nothing to do with it. Thanks again

Johnny Bravo said:
6 plates on each side (585) for 20 reps on smith squats

routine went like this:

315 x 10
405 x 10
495 x 8
585 x 20

Hmm!!!, I guess all of my screwing with you during our workouts is finally working for ya! Johnny Bravo is a BEAST in the gym, I can attest to that. I've known him since he was a little guy (Kid that is), to the monster he is now. Can you say "Genetics".

Great work, keep it up! When you come up and visit we can see if the Smith Machine here is a little tougher, Oh are the Air may be a little thinner.

And yeah someone said something about puking, Puking is a Good Thing. If you don't puke during legs, then guess what. You didn't work them hard enough. Been their done that, thanks to my good buddy here Johnny Bravo.

Work Ethics! You gotta admit we learned and worked with some good people with good work ethics. Nothing like being out squatted, out benched and etc. by a woman.

later
give me a ring
D1K

Last edited:
You kids in your mid-30's haven't even COME CLOSE to peaking. So far, I've done my best lifts at 48 but haven't really lost any since - just had lots of other shit happen.

Remember, lifting "heavy" and really "lifting at ANY age" is nothing more than a mental thing!!! Are you telling yourself you're getting stronger or are you telling it it's time to throw in the towel cause you think you're getting weaker.

xcel

Xcelbeyond is right. My best lifts were reached after I hit 40.

Best lifts on the parallel squat was 725 for 5-6 and have done 605 butt to floor for 6-8.I have also front squated 495 butt to floor for 6-8.No belt or wraps either .This was before two knee reconstructions,but I am hoping to equal or pass these lifts over the course of the next year now that I am back to heavy trianing for the first time in nearly 7years .I will post some pics in the next three or four months and then post progress over the year .It should be interesting to see if I still have the balls to train this heavy .

Great Work

JB, great work man. Gotta love those high rep smith squats...I can only hope to be that strong someday.

Keep it up!

Boss

Thanks Bravo

Since you origanally posted this, I have gone from 405x20 to 455x20. I am trying like hell to get to 495x20 by Jan 1. Seeing your outstanding numbers really inspired my to push further.
I started letting myself believe I was near my potential.
Again thanks
KnuckleHed

hell I wish i even had a squat or deadlift... sucks to work around 2 of the big 3 bec of back problems ur whole life.

Johnny Bravo said:
6 plates on each side (585) for 20 reps on smith squats

routine went like this:

315 x 10
405 x 10
495 x 8
585 x 20

must have been that pop tart I ate yesterday:D

MikeS was there as a spot

How about on real squats? I am in no way trying to detract from that awsome f---ing set but I don't do smith squats , so I was just wondering what your personal best is at the squat rack with the same weight. Knees wrapped or not? Belt or not?

Awsome f---ing set though bro.

I can do 30-40 reps with 315 and I have done 30 with 405, but I would never attempt 20 reps with 500 plus, so I dont know what I could do, but dont think i could do more than 10 with 6 plates. I dont know what "real" means, but I do admit smith allow you more control.

thanks for the post

My best workout was Free-Squats superset with leg extensions.

135x15
225x10
315x10
405x10
495x10
495x10
495x10
In between was full rack leg extensions for 10 reps
14 total sets in 30 min.

besides of the fact that it was a REALLY NICE LIFT, why the hell would you do 20 reps? To build mass you should be in the low rep range. So pack on some more plates

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131