over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

PERSONAL TRAINER CAREER INFO

I recently have done the NASM CPT and I think its a great cert, they have a 2-day class also that I recommend attending if your gonna mover forward with it....

Very interesting. I have some more questions

1) What is the most basic certification should I go for if I just want to work as a Personal Trainer in a commercial gym(24/Lifetime/LA/Ballys)?

2) What is the timeframe it takes the average person to complete this certification?

3) What is the cost of this certification entirely; books, exam, certification?

4) You think this would be a good way of just side cash(i.e part time)?

Contemplating starting this in the summer and finishing by the time I graduate just as side money. I get a gym membership, get my protein/food money, and can just meet people recreationally.

Nasm is the most accepted. Most will accept ACE. But do yourself a favor. Nasm blows ACE. And you can upgrade many different ways with NASM. More a future with NASM.

6 weeks to 6 months. Give yourself at least 3 months.

Someone said $500. im pretty sure its 699 for the general package plus the exam.

Count on it for side cash. Not a living. Give it time. Build your clientele. Don't just plan on training bodybuilders. There are a lot more regular people out there that really want help and they are willing to pay for it.
Research, research, research! What works for a bodybuilder may not be what your clients need. Also listen to what your clients want...their paying you!

Good luck bro!

This thread is coming at a perfect time. I am a software engineer who hates my jobh with a passion. I was just laid off because of a lack of work for my company(the large multinational corporation cancelled 85% of consulting contracts). I got a great severance package and with my dad having passed away recently, i received an inheritiance that will make things slightly comfortable for a while.

I believe i am gpoing to get NASM certified and start getting into it part time while looking for a programming job. I would like to be able to do both jobs and have fun with the part time job. I will have to figure out how it affects my training though.

any thoughts? Advice. And yes i know that getting into the 6 figures like a computer programmer makes is going to be rather difficult. For me, i am pursuing happpiness over monetary concerns(i can always fall back to programming).

I hear ya bro, I quit my job/industry even though I was great at it and making good money but I just hated it so much. I decided that being happy and enjoying my work was more important. So I decided to get my NASM cert and really get into PT. You can make some great money if you do it right and build a solid clientel and specific niches can help you make more money also. If you get away from the chain/corporate gyms you can also increase your income....

I find that when starting out, if possible, pick someone that you think will follow ur instruction (and diet if ur in that dept too) and that will achieve visible success..someone that is totally committed to a lifestyle change if they are a beginner..even if u do for very cheap rate...success like weight loss, especially in women, breeds itself, and women talk...lots...and
that really helps bring in more people. If its a guy, try to get a younger guy who has been pissing around in the gym but has a basis and some decent strength and make him stronger and he'll talk...regardless, ur first few people are key if you are independent...when u work for a gym you can't really do this..

your main clients will be overweight middle age women, at least thats what ive seen working in a commercial gym

I havent tried fucking my clients cause of my GF for 4 years but my buddy who was 2 years younger than me fucked like all his girl clients some married, some older than 50 haha then they buy him groceries all sorts of crazy shit you can basically be a pimp haha

Never fuck your clients! Its a business! Treat it like one and you can make some money. Fucking your clients is eventually going to lead to your downfall!

your main clients will be overweight middle age women, at least thats what ive seen working in a commercial gym

I havent tried fucking my clients cause of my GF for 4 years but my buddy who was 2 years younger than me fucked like all his girl clients some married, some older than 50 haha then they buy him groceries all sorts of crazy shit you can basically be a pimp haha

A few times when i used plentyoffish to meet girls. I would get older women messaging me for workout advise. I would say....well i can cum over and show you some routines. Many would just have me over, and we didn't pick up any dumbells. But sure did get some nice cardio in ;). BUT YES i can see how it can effect your business.

I guess we all have different priorities. When I was a trainer, it was about making money, not fucking women.

Fucking your clients is asking for many types of trouble.

I guess we all have different priorities. When I was a trainer, it was about making money, not fucking women.

Fucking your clients is asking for many types of trouble.

That's putting it lightly...the trouble will snowball on you too...ur spouse leaves and takes ur shit, no more female clients except the ones that heard about you and want to get laid, as bad news travels faster than good news...and a whole bunch more shit....

That's putting it lightly...the trouble will snowball on you too...ur spouse leaves and takes ur shit, no more female clients except the ones that heard about you and want to get laid, as bad news travels faster than good news...and a whole bunch more shit....

seen this more than once.

also, a woman getting a personal trainer often has some self esteem and body image issues they are trying to work out. it is real sketchy to take advantage of someone in this vulnerable position.

seen this more than once.

also, a woman getting a personal trainer often has some self esteem and body image issues they are trying to work out. it is real sketchy to take advantage of someone in this vulnerable position.

Especially middle aged women...just got dumped as they were not gettin er done with the last guy and they're gonna show him...and everyone..and they will try and fuck ya and do it better than they ever have...but soon they go back to themselves... Sorry people.... they're all fuckin nuts in that stage and any attention you or anyone gives them they take one way..and they do all possible to make it easy...I'm a bastard...

how did this thread go from personal trainer career info to this...we digress..lol

Hate to be a downer, but the personal training business is way down due to the economy. The first thing people will cut when getting expenses under control is PT.

FYI. Life time fitness has some of the best paid trainers in the business and the clinetel have good money.

Also, you need to be a good sales person to do well in training.

I may happen to train at LifeTime, and would concur that we have some of the best trainers in the business. We also have some of the best "sales" men and women who dress up as trainers. The beauty is after you establish yourself as someone that is knowledgeable, genuine, and gets people results, you no longer have to sell. I have only been "professionally" training for 7 months, and haven't had to do a consult in 3 months, because I get business on referral.

I hold the NSCA-CPT, and PTA Global Certifications. I am almost ready to sit for the NSCA-CSCS.I started studying for the NASM cert, but didn't believe in the philosophy from the first chapter, so I stopped. I didn't want to start being the trainer who tried to put every exercise on a Bosu. To each their own.

I may happen to train at LifeTime, and would concur that we have some of the best trainers in the business. We also have some of the best "sales" men and women who dress up as trainers. The beauty is after you establish yourself as someone that is knowledgeable, genuine, and gets people results, you no longer have to sell. I have only been "professionally" training for 7 months, and haven't had to do a consult in 3 months, because I get business on referral.

I hold the NSCA-CPT, and PTA Global Certifications. I am almost ready to sit for the NSCA-CSCS.I started studying for the NASM cert, but didn't believe in the philosophy from the first chapter, so I stopped. I didn't want to start being the trainer who tried to put every exercise on a Bosu. To each their own.

I went to the Life time in Allen TX. I have several friends that are trainers there. The top people are still making fairly good, but over all the the amount of training being purchased is down a considerable amount. I would never want to train again, but that would be the place I would want to work if I did it again.

Unless you're working in a rich neighborhood, you most likely will make shit money.
Theres so many personal trainers out there, and they truly arent needed.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws