over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Personal Trainer Test Material

Working in a Corp Gym is neither a bad or a good thing. It is what you make of it. For me I would use it (if thats all you could get right away) as a way of practicing what you have learned. It's a good and safe way of polishing up your skills. Especially the selling of your services. That will be a crucial money maker or breaker for you. Working in a gym where they get the clients for you is a good way seeing how THEY have to go about it. You simply keep your eyes and ears open and learn while you're at the small gym. Once you feel you've learned enough you can move onto bigger things. But do not turn down any gym that is willing to let you use a few 100k's worth of equipment to sharpen YOUR skills. Think of how much it would have cost you to go out and buy all that equipment just to practice what you have learned!!??

Good Luck

i am not a BB and i am not in shape, but i do know about business. At the end of this month I am actually going to contract Shelby to help get my fat ass in shape, this is essential what you are wanting to do.

As others have said, get your "cert" then find a place that will let you train client.

Next, get a webpage, these are cheap and cookie cutter. You said you have trained lard asses into shape? Put before and after pics on your web page in a client transformation section, have them say some word about you in their own little section.

"Steve123 changed my life blahblah Jager Bombs, Jager Bombs"
"Steve123 helped me lose 100lbs and feel better than ever"

Then have plans, so people of different income can pick what they want. Not all people can afford year round diet and training coaching.
Also, are you a nutritionist? That would help as far as a degree would go.

Then make a name, some type of brand, your name or ANYTHING you can put on a card or tshirt, so you arent just some dude who has visable abs.

You wont make any money in that industry working for someone else.

Well said, even my crew (wives included) have shirts with our team name on them..people all the time ask us to train them... but the gym we are in wont allow it, has even threatend to kick us out for giving people advice. As the previous poster said, you wont make any money working for someone else..

but like you said, if you just want some experience I guess a franchise gym would work...but at the same time, you need to be informing your clients that on the down low you will be starting your own studio or whatever and would like to keep their business when you go. Just don't let the gym your at catch wind of this. Their is no point in not starting your portfolio while working for someone else.

Thanks.

I really didn't come up with the idea because I saw it on TV or something. That whole advertising thing pisses me off too. It encourages exactly the wrong person to do the job.

I hear you guys on the level of experience in Franchise, or any, gyms. I see it all the time, even in reputable gyms like Powerhouse and Golds.

1) half of them have no idea what they're doing;
2) Most of them have no significant background in athletics, let alone strength training or bodybuilding;
3) they never talk to their clients about, or monitor, diet.
4) they collect their hourly rate and don't care one bit what their client does with the other 23 hours of their lives.

I'm not in this for the money. I actually just like helping people out. Until now I've done it for free. If I can make a couple of dollars doing it, I say bring it on. I think actually giving a shit about my clients and what I do will probably immediately separate me from the pack, esspecially in this business.

Thanks.

I really didn't come up with the idea because I saw it on TV or something. That whole advertising thing pisses me off too. It encourages exactly the wrong person to do the job.

I hear you guys on the level of experience in Franchise, or any, gyms. I see it all the time, even in reputable gyms like Powerhouse and Golds.

2) Most of them have no significant background in athletics, let alone strength training or bodybuilding;
4) they collect their hourly rate and don't care one bit what their client does with the other 23 hours of their lives.

I'm not in this for the money. I actually just like helping people out. Until now I've done it for free. If I can make a couple of dollars doing it, I say bring it on. I think actually giving a shit about my clients and what I do will probably immediately separate me from the pack, esspecially in this business.

I hear you totally... I would love to train people as well, and truly help some people out (the lazy ones can go to hell) .... but, "I fed my dog thanks, and he died"... so regretfully I have to stay in the field I am in... trust me, if I could make what I make in my other job....I would be a trainer in a heartbeat. so i hear where your comming from 100%

Go with NSCA for a certification. I took an NSCA class last year at school then took the test and it wasn't too bad imo. The only book you really need to study for the test is Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning 3rd Edition and it's not that expensive. Because i'm still in school i haven't recieved my certification yet, but i passed the test and just by having that i was able to walk into every gym in my area and have something none of there trainers had. Most trainers have ACE, so try to get something not many other trainers have and will make you more marketable to possible clients.
Hope that helps you out some,
Walker

Nicely put.

Speaking of NSCA, got my CSCS test in a week! ::tar-wars

Thanks.

Good state of mind to have, keep up the work , and do it for the right reasons and you will see exactly what you want from it. If you are taking the ACE exam and get the 3rd edition material it will only be good for there test this year because the new forth edition is out and all test will be tailored to that specific book in january I believe. Best of luck man.

i am not a BB and i am not in shape, but i do know about business. At the end of this month I am actually going to contract Shelby to help get my fat ass in shape, this is essential what you are wanting to do.

As others have said, get your "cert" then find a place that will let you train client.

Next, get a webpage, these are cheap and cookie cutter. You said you have trained lard asses into shape? Put before and after pics on your web page in a client transformation section, have them say some word about you in their own little section.

"Steve123 changed my life blahblah Jager Bombs, Jager Bombs"
"Steve123 helped me lose 100lbs and feel better than ever"

Then have plans, so people of different income can pick what they want. Not all people can afford year round diet and training coaching.
Also, are you a nutritionist? That would help as far as a degree would go.

Then make a name, some type of brand, your name or ANYTHING you can put on a card or tshirt, so you arent just some dude who has visable abs.

You wont make any money in that industry working for someone else.
Jager Bombs LMAO!!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner