over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Personal Trainer

Towelie

Banned
I was speaking to a personal trainer down at my gym and i explained to him my situation about me not getting any bigger or stronger. he told me from what he has seen from when im at the gym is that i am over training. he advised me to work out one body part a day and take 4 days off to fully recover and that helps with growing muscle.

what do you think?

need way more info, stats, diet, training routine, years training etc...

need way more info, stats, diet, training routine, years training etc...

20 years old, 5'10, 165 pounds, my diet is 2-4 protein shakes a day, i eat alot, i've been working out for 2 years, maybe 3-5 big meals a day, my old training routine was

Monday: Chest, Back.
I do 5 minutes of elipticals to get my blood pumpin.
Warm up set of just the bar for bench press
warm up set with 25 on each side.
warm up set wit 45 each side
regular set with one 45 and one 25 on each side. and i get about 6-8 reps of this.
Then i do decline bench.
3 sets of 45 on each side about 8-10 reps.
Then i do incline bench
3 sets of 35 on each side about 8 reps.
Then i do butterflys i do light weight so i can feel it burn.

Back:
Seated cable rows i do 110 pounds 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Lying Tbar row i do 45 pounds 3 sets of 8-12 reps (the handle has 2 grips i do both for one set)
seated pulldowns 110 pounds 3 sets of 8-12 reps
That completes mondays workout.

Tuesday: Legs, Fore Arms, Abbs

I do 5 minutes of elipticals to get my blood pumpin.
Squats i do just the bar to warm up
then 45 to warm up then 2 45's.
then final set i do 2 45's and a 25 for my last set.

Leg Press. 10 45's total 3 sets of 8-12 reps

Leg extensions i cant remember how much weight is it but i do the whole machine. 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Calf raises. 3 sets til failure 90 pounds
calfs on smith machine i dont know the name
i add 45s on each side, throw down 2 25s on the floor where my feet go and i put the bar on my shoulders and work my calfs in 3 directions, feet facing each other, feet facing foward, feet facing outward,

forearms,

forearm curls hand facing up i do 20 pounds til failure 3 sets
forearm curls hand facing down i do 20 pounds til failure 3 sets

abbs, i do the machine

Wednesday:
Bi's n Tri's

Bicept curved bar curl 3 sets of 8-12 reps 25 pounds each side
standing bbar curls, 3 sets of 8-14 reps just the bar (45 pounds) last set til failure
dumbbell curls first set 20 pounds, 20 reps, 2nd set 25 pounds 18 reps, 3rd set 30 pounds 15 reps, 4th set 35 pounds 10-12 reps, 40 pounds 5-8 reps.
cable curls til failure.

Tri's
i dont know the name of this work out but it works extremely well.
i lay on the bench with 20 pounds in my hand i bring it towards my chest and back up 8 times, then towards my head 8 times, again towards my head but wrist facing opisite direction 8 times, i repeat this with both arms and 3 sets of this

cable Vbar i do 100 pounds to warm up a bit 15 reps
then i do 150 pounds 8-14 reps 3 sets of this
then i do rope 60-80 pounds 8 reps of 3 sets

Thursday:
All cardio and abbs.
elipticals for 25 minutes ( im not too good with cardio so im starting off slowly)

Friday.
Shoulders, lats, traps

lateral dumbbell flys mix wit doing it foward. 16 reps of 3 sets
shoulder press, just do the bar first set, add 10 pounds, then add 10 pounds, then add 10 pounds and i keep doing this til i cant go no more.
reardelt one arm at a time 60-80 pounds 3 sets of 10-14 reps, last til failure

Lat pull down, 60 pounds to warm up, then 100 pounds, then 120, then 150. all til failure

traps smith machine, close grip, wide grip, behind my back close grip, 3 sets of 10 reps (45 on each side)

you need a trainer asap

i would suggest shelby:cool:

you need a trainer asap

i would suggest shelby:cool:

i rather have a trainer working with me rather than doing it through online. i need someone to make sure i am doing the exercises correctly if im wrong i need someone to push me

then you need a friend:cool:

I was speaking to a personal trainer down at my gym and i explained to him my situation about me not getting any bigger or stronger. he told me from what he has seen from when im at the gym is that i am over training. he advised me to work out one body part a day and take 4 days off to fully recover and that helps with growing muscle.

what do you think?

i rather have a trainer working with me rather than doing it through online. i need someone to make sure i am doing the exercises correctly if im wrong i need someone to push me

If the trainer told you whats in the 1st quote - he couldn't find his own ass with both hands & a flashlight. You can still over-train doing one body part per day.
Your drive should come from within. If you don't want it bad enough - then just stop now...
BTW - some body parts you are over-training on (as far as volume goes - assuming intensity is high) and some you are not...

Last edited:
quad smack, he told me when i work out i need a total of 4-7 days for that muscle to fully recover and to allow it to grow

quad smack, he told me when i work out i need a total of 4-7 days for that muscle to fully recover and to allow it to grow

I agree if you are over-trained. But why take 1 step forward to only have to take 3 steps back?
I disagree if you are training properly, eating properly and resting (sleeping) appropriate amounts.

I agree if you are over-trained. But why take 1 step forward to only have to take 3 steps back?
I disagree if you are training properly, eating properly and resting (sleeping) appropriate amounts.

look over of what i do a week. and im usually there for between 1-2 hours a day

I have looked it over. The only body parts you are not over-training are your Traps & your Hamstrings...
If I can give you one piece of advice - less is more. Stop reading Muscle & Fitness. Pick one basic exercise for each body part and do three sets of 8-10 reps. High intensity with good form. If you do this, your workouts will last 30-40 minutes at most. Eat whole food protein sources till it's coming outta your ears and be ready to buy a whole new set of clothes...

I have looked it over. The only body parts you are not over-training are your Traps & your Hamstrings...
If I can give you one piece of advice - less is more. Stop reading Muscle & Fitness. Pick one basic exercise for each body part and do three sets of 8-10 reps. High intensity with good form. If you do this, your workouts will last 30-40 minutes at most. Eat whole food protein sources till it's coming outta your ears and be ready to buy a whole new set of clothes...

i dont read any magazines i just started doing what i thought was better.
what can i do to not over train all other body parts?

do less or split them up and do less?

Read from the words "Muscle & Fitness" on...

How many body parts do you have? How many days in the week? How many days until muscle is recovered?
Think carefully, Grasshopper...
(Sorry, couldn't resist - doubt you are old enough to remember Kung-Fu the series...)

BTW, don't forget - your CNS also need time to recover.
Gotta go back to work - PM me & I'll see if I can help you later.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws