over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Personal Trainers need help with an idea

Stayinfit

Registered
I've been PT'n for awhile now and I'm always looking for ways to keep clients and or get new ones. So I was thinking, I wonder if there are any trainers that have incentives like:

coming to an agreement with client that if they reach a certain goal whether that be bodyweight or fat loss that they could receive a portion of their fee back. Say a 12 week program that costs $500. If they reach their goal they will receive $100 back.

If there are any trainers that do this, what do they base their client's goal by? A certain bodyweight or fat loss?

thanks for any input given.

also wondering if there are any forums out there that other trainers go to.

Last edited:
I would stay away from offering them rebate incentives. You want to avoid the perception of de-valuing your services. I would come up with some type of system that if they meet there goals or come within reasonable range of them they can earn a free session. Something like that.

No no no. Why offer money back...

Just do a discounted price maybe

I like this thread I manage a gym and am always looking for more ways to get people in and sell personal training if anyone else has more ideas please post them up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offer them a free or discounted session.

If you work with a supplement shop or gym, offer them discounts there.

If you dont already, go to a supplement shop and tell them you have X clients and will send them all to their shop if they offer a discount. Get them on board too with the incentive of the client reaching their goal.

I've been PT'n for awhile now and I'm always looking for ways to keep clients and or get new ones.

In a business like this, I would imagine testimonials would work...if you discover what a potential client wants, show pics/tell the story of previous successes.

Then, and I think this would appeal to everyone, tell them how much time you will save them by advising them on their workout and diet, so they don't have to figure it out on their own.

Another note: I'm impressed by you guys who do this because I imagine that, in this society, you have very few success stories.

Maybe not individual clients but your whole client base, have a :fat loss challenge, or something where they all can do it and winner gets 2 private sessions free.

Never offer cash incentives only services IMO

devaluing your services never work, they'll be lazier and more likely to cancel sessions when it's cheaper. I just increased my rates to all the ones I wanted to fire by $20(I was hoping they'd say no) and they all wanted to pay the extra and still train with me. many of them I've trained over 10+ yrs. you gotta find the specific types of clients that pay the money and will stick around longer, if not forever. those are usually not so hardcore crowd who uses you for therapeutic purpose. for example, guys in their 20-30's who juice and been training by themselves will never stick aound as soon as they get the knowledge from you, they'll try to do it themselves. the ones who do stick around are the ones that realize they're helpless(whether it's their lack of discipline, pain tolerance, or physical incapabilities due to injury or what not) and can't do it themselves, and they admire you.
most of them hire you for emotional reasons, they usually have this hurt that they don;t share with others. find out what it is they truly want in their life and help them fulfill it, build a personal relationship with them, and improve the quality of their life. that's how you become successful with this job. how do we do it? question skillfully, listen carefully. there's many meaning to this, you gotta figure that out yourself and create the system that works for you and sells your business.
wish all the best.

You actually be better off offering a free iPad to the most successful client over a period of 8 weeks or so. Get them all active into the comp and build up some social media hype about it. Pays off marketing wise and if you have a good bunch of clients you'll get some awesome before and after pics that will help sell your services to their friends and family. Don't devalue your service tho as others have mentioned.

You can get gift cards made up like little plastic ones for say like 3 sessions worth you can give to your clients saying you really appreciate their business and wanted to give them something back maybe they knew someone that would appreciate it or could give loads out for Xmas for clients to give away.

Partner training is a good one too. Get clients to bring in a friend for free session.

Look after your clients, if you offer a good service and have a good relationship with them don't be afraid to explain what you're trying to do and ask for help. All about wording it right. Not saying "I'm broke and need more clients can you help" but more like "Hey xyZ you've done so well I'm sure your friends and family have noticed your awesome results you've worked so hard for, do you know anyone who has mentioned or possibly be interested in trying PT out? You could bring them along for a free session." Show appreciation to your clients all the time. People want and need to feel important and what appreciates, appreciates.

They get a t-shirt for the (your company name here) lose 20 challenge. builds the sense of them being part of a team.

one of the best things I ever heard of was making a "pot" that one of your clients can win. so all 40 clients sign up for a weightloss or physique challenge and they all put $25 in the pot. whoever wins takes home $1000. that's VERY motivating to some people. would be for me.
EDIT: heck, ^that's a good idea for a gym promotion kind of thing too.
-F2S

I've been PT'n for awhile now and I'm always looking for ways to keep clients and or get new ones. So I was thinking, I wonder if there are any trainers that have incentives like:

coming to an agreement with client that if they reach a certain goal whether that be bodyweight or fat loss that they could receive a portion of their fee back. Say a 12 week program that costs $500. If they reach their goal they will receive $100 back.

If there are any trainers that do this, what do they base their client's goal by? A certain bodyweight or fat loss?

thanks for any input given.

also wondering if there are any forums out there that other trainers go to.

its a great idea

im looking for ways to get clients in the gym, and keep them. Ive had trouble in the past keeping clients, they trained for a month or so and that was it

a lot of copy and pasting from these ideas. thank you all so much. I can utilize each of these from time to time.

Incentives are definitely a must have. I've had quite a few success stories and I have their permission to use their pics and stuff and that does work from time to time. Just want some other ideas that work good as well.

where I'm at most gym owners will not allow pt's like me to come in and train clients even when it means they are getting a membership out of it. If I ever own a gym I will let every pt train their clients there for a membership and small monthly fee.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131