over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Personal trainers question

Flexpack215

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Hey fellas,

I'm in need of some new software for my personal training business. Mainly i just need to be able to design meal plans with more ease than using Word. I've been using Word for the past 4 years and I'm just getting too busy not to see if there is something better. I've seen a ton of options but really only need something simple and non expensive for meal management. Any suggestions?

I would build an excel sheet...lots of formulas and options you could do. I have a macro calculator I got of a fella from a different forum that is pretty badass and helps a lot (has a lot of info and food sources etc) PM and il send it to you if you want to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a macro calculator for all of my clients. Most all diets I design for general weight loss are 250-500 kcal under clients BMR - with consideration of exercise caloric expenditure.

I break down their desired daily total carb allowances (in grams), protein, fiber, sugars , carbs, fats

I don't use ANY software

Last edited:
OpenOffice has an excel spreadsheet-type function

it's free to download

what about my fitness pal? has all the nutrient information decided, days, weeks, meals and everything, you'd just need to screenshot and print

I've heard good things about Trainerize.

I looked into trainerize and it was a little spendy for what I needed it for. Cool program though. Lots of group class trainers use that program to design workouts.

what about my fitness pal? has all the nutrient information decided, days, weeks, meals and everything, you'd just need to screenshot and print

I might have to look into that more, I was under the impression you could create a completely custom 6 meal plan with this app. The other part is client management I would like to be able to save within the app/program

I might have to look into that more, I was under the impression you could create a completely custom 6 meal plan with this app. The other part is client management I would like to be able to save within the app/program

It's a food diary app but it would work easily as a meal planner as well. It has all the nutrients you enter into the diary calculated for you ie. fat(mono/poly/sat), carb (sugar/fiber), protein, vitamins, minerals, everything

oh and it tracks user details too like weight changes, measurements, water intake, etc.

You can make different usernames/accounts to save different clients but I'm not too sure how efficient that would be compared to an app that has client management integrated. Every day is saved into the account, I still have diary entries from like 3 years ago when i first started using it and i've gone back a couple times to random dates to see what i was eating, has the exact food, nutrients, meals, etc.

Oh an its free, works on iPhone, android and the computer

Last edited:
It's a food diary app but it would work easily as a meal planner as well. It has all the nutrients you enter into the diary calculated for you ie. fat(mono/poly/sat), carb (sugar/fiber), protein, vitamins, minerals, everything

oh and it tracks user details too like weight changes, measurements, water intake, etc.

You can make different usernames/accounts to save different clients but I'm not too sure how efficient that would be compared to an app that has client management integrated. Every day is saved into the account, I still have diary entries from like 3 years ago when i first started using it and i've gone back a couple times to random dates to see what i was eating, has the exact food, nutrients, meals, etc.

Oh an its free, works on iPhone, android and the computer

Sweet I'll download it and check it out. Thanks man!

If your speaking of myfitnesspal your clients can add you to their account and your able to view their entires. Maybe you could even add items or make a meal plan for a week out etc (haven't tried this so idk for sure) but wouldn't be hard to test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think fitness pal is your best bet.
You can put all the meals in there, it will calculate everything for you.. Then you can hit "save meal" and put your clients name on it.. So everytime you make a change to their diet, you copy that diet, change something then save it again over the last diet or you can do "week 1 change client name"

That's what I do with my small circle of my clients that want my help..

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws