over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Personal training certifications

kotter716

Registered
Which certifications are the most important or are the best to have? Which are the most credible? Thanks guys/girls.

You should really research what the companies in your area are looking for. I spent a lot of time finding the type of places I would like to work at and seeing which certs they wanted their trainers to have. I ended up getting certified by ACSM.

NASM and ACSM are the best. They are well respected everywhere, but if you're just trying to "get your foot in the door" ACE is a good place to start.

NSCA, ACSM are in my opinion the most credible and versatile. ACE can be good too... But to be honest despite having one of the best certs (CSCS) I don't actually use a whole lot of knowledge from it. Most of what I do is what I learned by interning, reading, applying etc... in the end its really just some letters after your name.

I got certified through ACE due to it's low cost and ease of testing. I studied the manual myself and took the test, never sat in a classroom or anything. This is probably the easiest way to go, and the ACE certification is recognized in most gyms. If you are looking for a higher level certification, look into ASCM and NASM (as everyone else here has said).

I'm ACE certified. Pretty simple and cheap. Agree that NASM and ACSM are the best, but imo personal training has more to do with how you look than it does with your certifications.

A certification will get your foot in the door but your look and how well you can talk to people/attract clients are more important than any certification, long as you have one.

I'd say stick to ACE because it's so recognizable and relatively easy.

In my opinion its cscs. I say this because it is the most difficult to obtain, requires the most amount of knowledge to pass, which means the average joe can't hold such a certification. I have my ACE certification and all I did was read through the book and write a proctored online test...not very hard.

I saw MountainDog has cscs, which is pretty cool

In my opinion its cscs. I say this because it is the most difficult to obtain, requires the most amount of knowledge to pass, which means the average joe can't hold such a certification. I have my ACE certification and all I did was read through the book and write a proctored online test...not very hard.

I saw MountainDog has cscs, which is pretty cool

CSCS was pretty difficult. I think the way they word the questions made it hard.

I took it in 2010 in Japan and I envy those who take it in the states. I had to pay nearly $800 and they offer it only once a year here.

It really depends on what you want to do with it. IMO get the one that gets you the job where you want. It doesn't matter if you get a 4 year fitness degree or a weekend PT course certification. YOU will either be a good trainer or not depending on how you work with people and your personality. Some the best trainers out there are self educated and can train anyone better than 90% of the high end cert graduates.

You should really research what the companies in your area are looking for. I spent a lot of time finding the type of places I would like to work at and seeing which certs they wanted their trainers to have. I ended up getting certified by ACSM.

PERFECT answer!

Having owned gyms and health clubs in 3 states this is EXACTLY what you should do.

No use in having an ACE if all they will accept is ACSM. Or wasting your time getting ACSM when they are perfectly happy with ACE.

Just like when I hear kids going to college and deciding what degrees/classes to get without taking a few minutes to ask potential employers what they look for.

NASM and IFPA. They are affiliated with A4M.

i've got nasm and nsca. nasm is the the most practically applicable and you can get a job at any gym with it. also, if you're looking at going into professional athletic training(nfl, nba, etc.), more and more their pes certification(bsn required) is what they are wanting

Im taking the ACE exam at the end of the month...most gyms in jersey,pa accept it widely...then again im 21 and still in school and just doin it to get my foot in the door.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131