advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Personal Training qualification ACSM or NASM ?

devenidas

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hi gents just wanting some feedback which one is more demanding and sought for qualification between ACAM or NASM. Both of these are of American origin qualifications and are available in the UK. Any one of these gets a personal trainer onto the REPS ( Register of Exercise Professionals) at Level 3 in the UK.

Please share your feedback thoughts.

I am in a process of renewing my physiotherapist/ physical therapist licence. I need to get back to physical therapy practice (long story).

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Professional Muscle mobile app

Last edited:
i have been researching both organisations in last few days and checking reviews etc ...

Excerpt from a review i came across..

Conclusion on ACSM vs NASM

Both of these personal trainer certifications are well recognized within the industry. I don’t know of one commercial or local gym that would not take either one of these. ACSM is recognized as one of the oldest as well as hardest certifications. This test has a slightly lower passing rate than NASM. This could be because their textbook is so dense with information. Another factor could be that NASM’s study materials are easier to understand.  ACSM is more affordable than NASM by approximately $200. Both are accredited by the NCCA which is a good thing. This means that they both follow strict guidelines in regards to their information and test taking procedures. I think that NASM’s OPT model provides a very clear path for success, especially with new trainers. NASM also has a strong emphasis on building a business as a personal trainer which ACSM does not. Because of this, they help their trainers become more successful. Both certifications are great for working with post rehab clients, or clients with multiple muscular imbalances. NASM does take the cake on this comparison and wins the trophy! Their study materials, training model and business mindset makes them the top of their field at the moment.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Professional Muscle mobile app

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing that I was actually researching it last week and noticed how NASM is about you and the relationship you build with your client. I'd like to hear some first hand knowledge on this subject from someone. Nothing like experience.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I've been at it for 12 years now - certified through ISSA. I live in a fairly small town, and the family owned gym, and Anytime Fitness I worked for had no issues with it.

I opened my own studio about 6 years ago so I've not messed with any other certifications other than ISSA.

Experience trumps everything but the name definitely helps you get in the door. I've worked with/employed a lot of trainers with great certs that didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would also check with most of your gyms as some only accept ACSM. Theres a few here that either want you to have ACSM or a degree.

If none are picky then choose one, but my advice is to learn the diet and nutrition part of all of it the most. I stopped getting re-certified years ago and do my own thing because after awhile, you know how to train people, but the dieting is where the real results come from...from ordinary people, not competitors. Funny thing...I use a precontest diet on all of my clients and they don't even compete. I train them just like they were a bodybuilder. None of that crazy stuff you see other pt's doing, I train them all hard. Even my 60 and 70 year olds. Now I don't have them do heavy ass stuff, but they are taking some sets to failure and our rest times between sets are short. They love it and hate it.

I have NASM and ISSA and ACE

They were ALL VERY EASY . I did not have to study

These were entry-level qualifications for me.

I have NASM and ISSA and ACE

They were ALL VERY EASY . I did not have to study

These were entry-level qualifications for me.

Muay u did not have to study at all matey ? wow NASM is that easy ?

i am seeing reviews as ACE & ISSA as being very easy and not that great as the exam is not hard at all to pass. ISAA one can qualify sitting at home.

I should be allright then with my physical therapy background i think :headbang:

NASM is the only one which rates very well right up with the ACSM from my little survey. ACSM being the hardest exam to pass.

This is why i was considering between these two.

NASM is cheaper then ACSM. cost like nearly half the ££££.

I have NASM and ACE, both great programs but I think NASM is more respected

Lead Monster Labs Rep
Flex5 at checkout
Or 2 free test prop with orders over $250
Add "2 free test prop $250 flex deal" in notes
Mymonsterlabs.com

Lead Monster Labs Rep
Flex5 at checkout
Mymonsterlabs.com

NASM will get you hired at almost any corporate gym in a merica ( lifetime fitness, 24 hour fitness, LA fitness ETC) I was a GM at LA fit for a few years in 2008 and did the hiring/firing

Lead Monster Labs Rep
Flex5 at checkout
Mymonsterlabs.com

NASM will get you hired at almost any corporate gym in a merica ( lifetime fitness, 24 hour fitness, LA fitness ETC) I was a GM at LA fit for a few years in 2008 and did the hiring/firing

Many thanks Flex and Muay for your feedback. Very helpful. cheers fellas

thanks to other bros for their feedback too. cheers

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner