over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Personal training

PHIL HERNON

Banned
I got fired a few weeks ago from a guys studio here in Phoenix called "Jean Claudes Personal Training Studio." This guy fired me because he said I was training his people "too hard." This guy only can count to ten and never believes in going over 20 pounds with clients. I cant believe the state that personal training is in these days. The sad thing is that people pay big bucks for this shit.

i have had someone i know offer me the financing to start my own studio gym here in yuma. i work at a private gym here and its a very nice thing. i have no one to question or get on my case as im the one trying to compete and win shows, as my boss is a puny little guy but he has some knowledge. thats sucks phil that they doht understand your workout principles. they just wont ever get it. open your own place and do it your way

Well

Phil, unfortunatley that doesn't surprise me becuase those personal studios aren't geared towards bodybuilding mentality. Those places are just hangouts were people go to spens a bit of time and to be able to say the go to the gym, like they are something special or dedicated.

You are probably better off from the standpoint that now you don't have to put up with that BS. Those types of places may make money but they are first class jokes.

There is a guy in springfield who owns a personal training studio in the suburbs and he doesn' even lift there he comes to our gym to lift. Those places are for yuppies. Be glad your gone from there, now you can focus on better things.

Maverick

I have noticed in some big city fitness centers that they social area is getting bigger than the gym...more people sit around and drink smoothies rather then get their ass in gear. Then they question why they are no loosing any weight or seeing any results. I hear ya PHIL, this socila BS in the fitness industry is stupid. Yeah, the gym owner still gets his monthly check, but for the trainers, what do we get...oh yeah 7 to 10 busck an hour.

Yep

It is totally fucking stupid....the gym a long time ago it seems used to be the place for a certain breed of people...now that hollywood and other idiots have polluted the scene, and what's more they think they have all the answers...

I got fired a few years ago for the exact same thing. The funny thing is, people were asking for me by name. Hell, they wanted me to train them. But, the guy who owned the gym was a doctor and he said that some people complained of muscle soreness:rolleyes: .

I like to train elderly people more than anyone else. They want to work out to improve their quality of life, so they are usually much more inclined to listen to what you say. I have been thinking of buying some portable equipment and specializing in training elderly people at their homes. I would do a rehabilitation type training for people who have lost mobility or strength due to various injuries or conditions. I probably won't charge too much. I just think it would be a cool way to make a living.

Anyway Phil, with your experience and physique you can make an awesome living working for yourself. Like the others said, you're better off.

Elderly peeps

THe elderly love me!!! I love training them, it is the wannabe fitness women that give me the most headaches. THe elderly women train their ASS OFF. I swear to god!!! I had a 70 year old lady who wanted to get bigger muscle, so I had her squatting with DBs, 50 LBs.

I hear ya, Phil. I trained a 100 year old woman. NO SHIT!! She came in 3 times a week and was never late, not once. When she first started, she had to use a walker to get around and she couldn't stand up out of a chair without help. I made her sit on a bench and I would hold a broomstick at chest level. She would grab the broom stick and stand up and down off of the bench as many times as she could for 3 sets. I also had her doing leg extensions, seated leg curl and seated calf raises. After a couple of months she was getting around great without the walker and she could pop right out of a chair with no problem. She even started walking laps around the gym after her workouts.

I tell ya man, that's the kind of thing that will make you feel like a piece of shit if you say you're too tired to workout.

I've gotta admit though, It's a little scary training someone that old. You never know when they might just up and die on you.:D

Phil that really sucks that you got fired. I know exactly what you're saying though. I've been training for about 8 years and I've seen alot of bull shit trainers in my time. Unfortunately I don't have alot of time to put into pt anymore as I run gyms now, but when I see these shit head trainers it makes me want to get back to doing more training because people are throwing their money away.

patk

Sorry to hear you guys got fired for doing what is best for your clients. The general publics knowledge of exercise is nil, and apparently that includes these 'fitness' gym owners. Sad...:confused:

Hey fatty

Hey stop your whining, I thought you were doing training at LGAYGITNESS? On a serious note I have some contacts if you want I can call some local peeps to see if they would like a IFBB pro to come and train their clients.

HEY, PHIL....WOULD THAT BE JEAN CLAUDE VAN DAMME?? HAHAHA

SINCE HIS MOVIE CAREER IS IN THE TOILET MAYBE HE'S TAKING HIS FRUSTRATIONS OUT ON YOU? I CAN'T BELIEVE SOMEONE WHO OWNS A GYM WOULD GET RID OF A LEGIT PRO. HOLY CRAP.

WTF an ifbb pro gets fired from a personal training position LOL
thats like getting rid of all those fat cooks & fine ass strippers for doing exactly what it takes to be a professional,i say tain people
on your own just use gyms as a location,they may take a small percentage but you can work out a deal im sure you know this so why am i telling you this,about you not telling everyone your a ifbb pro,is it for personal reasons i understand you dont tell the world,like its any of their business what you do for a living,but you worked for the man & reached a level in which we all would love to achieve,,,

Re: YOu know Jethro

PHIL HERNON said:
He never knew I was a pro. I never tell anyone around here. I just say that i lift a lot.

Smart man. The risks perhaps outweigh the benefits?

BTW , when I was fighting and my ears were all screwed up and I had blackeyes EOD; people would ask me if I was a fighter (or sometimes they knew a little about me) or asked what I do, I like to say "I just lift, 'Bye."

Sometimes I would tell them, but in your situation maybe that could put more of a miscroscope on your life (or unwanted attention) and make you a possible target for anybody to approach you with who knows what to talk about, or just wanting to bullshit with you etc; When all you want is to train, not talk etc...

It sucks that you got fired. No gyms around here will hire me as a trainer. They said I was too intimidating.

PB

Well

We need to open our own place and hire only intimidating people and bust ass trainers who know what the hell they are doing. Sad thing is that we would not have any clients because everyone is brainwashed by "core" training and light weights getting them in shape, because of selfish bullshitters like Tony Little and Daisy Fuentes lying to these people just to make a few million dollars, :rolleyes:

IMO...the best trainers are always people who have a bbing backround of some kind....wether it's competing, doing it as a hobby, training bbers and fitness competitors for shows, nutritional programs ect.........All the quality trainers that I've come across have had similar previuos experience. Actually working with different types of people and applying different techniques is where you get your education......Instead of these trainers and so called nutritionists that apply the same techniques and methods over and over no matter what kind of person is in front of them.

patk

I think the most annoying thing about personal training is when your customers try to tel you (especially females) I dont wanna get "all huge or anything"

I always said trust me your not going to accidently get "too big" one day.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear