YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Phentermine vs. Sibutramine (Meridia) for Appetite Suppression?

What is a stronger appetite suppressant?

• Phentermine (aka Adipex-P)

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • Sibutramine (aka Meridia)

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • They're about equal

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Can't compare; haven't tried both

Votes: 34 46.6%

• Total voters

reebokrunner456

Registered
At a seminar I recently attended, a doc suggested Phentermine for helping with my insane appetite. I was planning to ask how it compares with Meridia (sibutramine) but had other more pressing questions during the Q&A.

So, for those that have taken both, any feedback would be much appreciated. In particular:

1. Which is a stronger appetite suppressant?

2. Which has better sustained appetite suppression? (I've read a few posts on here saying that Phentermine's appetite suppressant effects wore off after a few days :( )

Phentermine app suppress lasts about 2.5 weeks for me. In order to increase suppression, I would have to increase dosage, which I chose not to do. With the said, now when I use it, I run it either 2 weeks on 1 week off or week on week off. On the off week I run a ECA stack.

My dosage is 37.5mg which I split in half. These things are strong.

Regardless I don't run it for longs period of time. I use it for short bursts on occasion.

I have no experience with Meridia.

Hope this helps.

I never noticed a significant drop off in appetite when I used meridia because I've never had an issue with appetite, but what I found with it was that it killed the insane cravings I got while dieting...and by insane cravings I don't mean fatty food, I mean that if you find yourself buying stupid, shiney shit when you're at the end of your diet as a reward then it will reduce that.

My wife swears by Now brand Mega Hoodia & Japanese Oolong tea. She has had great results without hardly lifting a finger. I keep encouraging her to exercise more...

I wish we could get a sponsor here to carry Now brand products. My wife once ran out of their Mega hoodia and tried a bottle of Absorb Science brand. The difference was absolute. The Absorb Science brand actually increased her appetite, she would eat more, then after eating, she would feel nausea.

Mods, I know the thread was about pharma appetite suppressants, but but Hoodia really works. If my post is off topic, please delete my post.

Thanks.

Everyone, thank you for the feedback.

Newman, you are rigth about NOW being one of the better brands (I've tried 10+ brands of the years, and NOW was definitely one of the better formulas). Your wife is VERY lucky if hoodia + the Oolong tea is doing the trick for her. I've progressed to the point where hoodia makes little difference and offers mild relief, at best.

In a just a few minutes, this is a list of meds/supps that I've tried for hunger/weight control (I'm probably missing several things; again, this is what I came up with off the top of my head in 1-2 min :eek: ); stuff in red, I currently take; stuff in bold red is having the biggest inpact in reducing the hunger/slowing the fat gain:

1. 5htp
  2. Acarbose
  3. Acipimox (Olbetam)
  4. Acomplia (Rimanobant)
  5. Adderall
  6. Anavar (Oxandrolone)
  7. Bee Pollen
  8. Bitter Melon
  9. Bromocriptine
  10. Caralluma fimbriata (Slimaluma)
  11. Cinnamon
  12. Cortisol (naturally compounded transdermal 'script)
  13. DHEA (tried both oral (supplement) and naturally compounded transdermal 'script)
  14. Digestive Enzymes (MANY different brands)
    [*]EFA's
  15. Eleotin (tea and capsules)
  16. Estrogens (many formulas, inc. both pharmaceutical and naturally compounded 'scripts)
  17. Ezee Slimming Patch (by BELL)
  18. Fibers (glucomannan, gum guar, psyllium husk, etc.)
  19. Fucothin
  20. GABA
    [*]GHRH (CJC-1295)
    [*]GHRP-2
  21. Gymnema Sylvestre
    [*]hCG
    [*]HGH
    [*]Hoodia gordonii (WAYYYY too many to list over the years; currently TrueProtein's hoodia)
  22. Melanotan-2
  23. Metformin
  24. Mifepristone
  25. Naltrexone
  26. Oolong Tea
    [*]OTC Stimulant Products (WAYYYY too many to list over the years; currently: Thermonrexin and ErgoBurn)
  27. PinnoThin
  28. Pregnanolone (naturally compounded, transdermal 'script)
  29. Probiotics (MANY different brands)
  30. Progesterone (many formulas, inc. both pharmaceutical and naturally compounded)
  31. Pyruvate
  32. T3
  33. Testosterone (many formulas, inc. both pharmaceutical and naturally compounded)
  34. Transdermal Nicotine
  35. Yerba Mate (tea and capsules)
  36. Zalak-B

my mother swears by phentermine.she slims right down.never tried it myself.i take a medication that contains naloxone and it destroys my appetite.and ephedrine which im guessing you already tried.goodluck though.

^ Yeah, but it's all about balance. All my tests - bloodwork, and "24-hr" spit/urine tests showed cortisol/adrenal deficiency, which lead to a diagnosis of mild-moderate adrenal burnout. I felt absolutely no difference from the med (transdermal cortisol/DHEA/pregnanolone preparation) though, so I did not continue them.

Phentermine app suppress lasts about 2.5 weeks for me. In order to increase suppression, I would have to increase dosage, which I chose not to do. With the said, now when I use it, I run it either 2 weeks on 1 week off or week on week off. On the off week I run a ECA stack.

My dosage is 37.5mg which I split in half. These things are strong.

Regardless I don't run it for longs period of time. I use it for short bursts on occasion.

I have no experience with Meridia.

Hope this helps.

Very similar to how I use it. It suppresses my appetite drastically.

Have you tryed Humanofort. Helps my addrenals
^ no, right now all my time/$ is spent trying to find a solution to the hunger.

As for sibutramine/phentermine, I'm starting to lean toward sibutramine, as I dig into the literature... seems to be more effective and definitely better in terms of sustained appetite suppression... also better for the adrenals....

If anyone can PM some reliable sources, I'd greatly appreciate the referral(s). Thus far, I've found two board sponsors that carry this; but it's always nice to have referrals as well.

You guys are lucky. I can't get Phentermine to save my life over here in the EU.
Hard to find and more friggin expensive than GH.

The problem I have with Phentermine is that yes it works good for appetite suppression, but if I dont take it I eat like a horse for at least 2 days. It also seems that years ago it was alot stronger, or it does not give me the same kick. Looking to try some IP this spring.

My wife swears by Now brand Mega Hoodia & Japanese Oolong tea. She has had great results without hardly lifting a finger. I keep encouraging her to exercise more...

I wish we could get a sponsor here to carry Now brand products. My wife once ran out of their Mega hoodia and tried a bottle of Absorb Science brand. The difference was absolute. The Absorb Science brand actually increased her appetite, she would eat more, then after eating, she would feel nausea.

Mods, I know the thread was about pharma appetite suppressants, but but Hoodia really works. If my post is off topic, please delete my post.

Thanks.

What's her hoodia dosing/body weight?
Might be worth trying.
Thanks,
Sd

lap band?

I just put in a order for aderal to do my diet in January. First time ever, I tried one a while back from my brother in law and it killed the appetite but I didn't crash or get pissy on it.

I've miraculously gotten the appetite under control with virtually diet alone (I say "virtually" cuz I am still using a handful of supps, along with HGH)... BUT I consider these things constants because, (prior to going on this diet, which was custom made by a local nutritionist/EXPERT in my area), I was taking HGH (along with hCG); yet things had still progressed to the point where it was a HUGE STRUGGLE to eat under 3,000 calories. My weight was around 130-134 (depending on the scale) AND increasing each week; and friends/family often told me I looked pale/sick...

Fast forward to today (Day 23 of the new diet) and I feel like a different person! :) I never thought diet, (proper diet for one's genetics?), could be so powerful, but I literally feel like a miracle has happened. I've gone from averaging >3,000 calories PER DAY (and still feeling constantly starved) right down to 1,800 per day, virtually overnight. Furthermore, each day/week (despite dieting AND incorporating 2 VERY intense cardio workouts/week), I feel stronger/better. Friends/family now tell me I look healthy/well (and I'm already down to 121 lbs!). :)

I'm not really sure which part of the diet is helping most, but I'm just glad things are working!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws