over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Phil, Big A, other Vets, etc. please respond

cecray3

Registered
I just had a quick question for you experienced guys. Obviously with the mass hysteria out there with regard to supplementation, in addition to AAS, etc. what would you say would be the best economically feasible approach toward effective supplementation? I take protein, creatine, glutamine, multi's, fish oil, olive oil, ala, nac, a thermogenic, and a few other things etc. I wanna add in some AAS and well as LBA's and perhaps some of Synthetek's line as well. The problem I have is when it's all said and done the bill would be upwards of $500/month. I'm currently spending about
$200/month, but I can't afford much more than that. I'm sure there are several guys on the forum who have an extra $500 every month. I, unfortunately, however, am not one of them. Please give me some feedback. Can I nearly eliminate the protein if I'm on lba's. Should I do away with some of the stuff I currently take if on AAS, etc.? Any inpout is welcomed. Thanks guys

OK I am far from being one of the mentioned (mods) but may I ask how old are you?

Second- Dont ever drop your protein intake. If you wanna grow you need to get in 1.5 grams per lb of bodyweight.

Third- If you shop right you can get your supps cheap sometimes. Gold card days at GNC, shopping the websites, buying in bulk, etc.

Last- I feel like most of anyones growth will be reliant on diet first, training second and supplementation last.

One more thing bro, your aas wouldnt run that high per month. How many cycles have you done or is this your first?

i'm the hugest of the hugest of vets.............:p

post your diet. scrap the glutamine, sub the fish oil for olive oil - much much cheaper.

drop the ala, nac, and the thermogenic and all the other crap.

get a solid whey isolate (synthetek, isopure, or trueprotein)
get a good 1-a-day vitamin
throw in lba's if you have extra $$$ money
this is all you need. focus on the food. your on your own as far as aas, there illegal.:eek:

i'm the hugest of the hugest of vets.............:p

post your diet. scrap the glutamine, sub the fish oil for olive oil - much much cheaper.

drop the ala, nac, and the thermogenic and all the other crap.

get a solid whey isolate (synthetek, isopure, or trueprotein)
get a good 1-a-day vitamin
throw in lba's if you have extra $$$ money
this is all you need. focus on the food. your on your own as far as aas, there illegal.:eek:

I wouldnt scrap the glutamine....it only runs ya $10 a month at most. Glutamine is way too beneficial to drop it. Just my 2 cents....no disrespect bro...peace.

I just had a quick question for you experienced guys. Obviously with the mass hysteria out there with regard to supplementation, in addition to AAS, etc. what would you say would be the best economically feasible approach toward effective supplementation? I take protein, creatine, glutamine, multi's, fish oil, olive oil, ala, nac, a thermogenic, and a few other things etc. I wanna add in some AAS and well as LBA's and perhaps some of Synthetek's line as well. The problem I have is when it's all said and done the bill would be upwards of $500/month. I'm currently spending about
$200/month, but I can't afford much more than that. I'm sure there are several guys on the forum who have an extra $500 every month. I, unfortunately, however, am not one of them. Please give me some feedback. Can I nearly eliminate the protein if I'm on lba's. Should I do away with some of the stuff I currently take if on AAS, etc.? Any inpout is welcomed. Thanks guys

Before you consider the price of all the supps., take into consideration that food will be one of your biggest bills...

nac

don't drop nac it is a great supplement you can find it for 1/3rd the gnc price.
Just get some cheapo test.

I wouldnt scrap the glutamine....it only runs ya $10 a month at most. Glutamine is way too beneficial to drop it. Just my 2 cents....no disrespect bro...peace.

i disagree, if his diet is solid in the protein department he will get all the glutamine he needs. unless he is dieting i say scrap it. no disrespect either, just different viewpoint.

inoverdrive

OK I am far from being one of the mentioned (mods) but may I ask how old are you?

Second- Dont ever drop your protein intake. If you wanna grow you need to get in 1.5 grams per lb of bodyweight.

Third- If you shop right you can get your supps cheap sometimes. Gold card days at GNC, shopping the websites, buying in bulk, etc.

Last- I feel like most of anyones growth will be reliant on diet first, training second and supplementation last.

Thanks for the input! I'm 28 and I've completed one light cycle a few years back. Some sust250, dbol and deca. Nothing since. My diet is pretty damn clean. The only problem/concern I have is that the majority of my calories come from protein shakes. I'm 5'11 222 and I take in at least 350-400g protein daily. I really only have two solid food meals/day in addition to 6 protein shakes and snacks such as an apple, banana, raw almonds, hard boiled egg etc. My solid food meals usually consist of chicken and brown rice for one and the other is usually a grilled steak/chicken salad and a baked potato (plain).

inoverdrive

One more thing bro, your aas wouldnt run that high per month. How many cycles have you done or is this your first?

I wasn't referring to just aas running that much but aas in conjunction with other supps surely would.

your problem is your depending on supplements instead of good food.

FOOD! Thats it.....

Put all that left over money into an emergency fund with this economy! You might need it

I dont know where you get your glut... for me it's way more expensive than that if I want to take in a decent amount. With or without glutamine I dont notice a big diff. of course I must admit that this doesnt mean much. a supplement can be good without having highly noticeable effects. im aware that some guys report feeling faster recovery while taking glutamine..... not me

im not against the supp at all but i would not recommend it to a guy on a budget. better spend that cash on oatmeal or something.,

I dont know where you get your glut... for me it's way more expensive than that if I want to take in a decent amount. With or without glutamine I dont notice a big diff. of course I must admit that this doesnt mean much. a supplement can be good without having highly noticeable effects. im aware that some guys report feeling faster recovery while taking glutamine..... not me

im not against the supp at all but i would not recommend it to a guy on a budget. better spend that cash on oatmeal or something.,

It's definitely not the glut that's killing my pocketbook (so to speak). It's the protein. I go through a 2lb tub of protein a week at $26 a pop, in additon to mrp's at just over $2 a pop and other supps. It all adds up. I guess I just need to invest in a huge icechest to take to work stocked full of good food!:p

It's definitely not the glut that's killing my pocketbook (so to speak). It's the protein. I go through a 2lb tub of protein a week at $26 a pop, in additon to mrp's at just over $2 a pop and other supps. It all adds up. I guess I just need to invest in a huge icechest to take to work stocked full of good food!:p
haha, well you can definitely save some on the protein. chicks get the BSN protein. man up and go with some cheap quality stuff like ON or trueprotein.

clarification : I meant cheap in cost, but good quality stuff and not stuff of "cheap quality"

I appreciate your input, but I would never put that junk in my body. I use AST's protein. After all, they were the first company to legitimately introduce whey protein into mainstream society back in the day.
how is AST so much better? is it that you dont trust ON's flavoring? from trueprotein you can get the raw stuff without flavoring if you want to. im pretty sure it would be all natural.

Last edited:
haha, well you can definitely save some on the protein. chicks get the BSN protein. man up and go with some cheap quality stuff like ON or trueprotein.

I appreciate your input, but I would never put that junk in my body. I use AST's protein. After all, they were the first company to legitimately introduce whey protein into mainstream society back in the day.

Use real quality Whey Isolate from Synthetek...You won't regret it, trust me that it's the very best! I order at least 2 tubs of SynthePure at a time.
Here's the link: **broken link removed**

Hold up bro, don't say trueprotein is crap, it is a very good company and high quality and the owner is a member here. Like Tyrone said...go with SynthePURE, its a great quality protein and a board sponsor

WHOA!!! did some body really just give out the advice "swap out fish oil for olive oil" ??!!!???!!!

fish oil for olive oil????

are you SERIOUS??

hahaha

you gotta be joking.

bro, keep the fish oil in your diet. 4sho!!

...lol, wtf.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner