over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Phil Heath doesn't wear a CPAP

thethinker48

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
https://youtu.be/pghXvPus-tE

I was pretty shocked to hear this. He clearly has apnea from the bad snoring he does; but he still hasn't gotten a CPAP.

7 sandows on compromised sleep [emoji52]

Says he sleeps 4-6 hours during prep; that might just be the androgens [emoji4]...but still.

Edit: topic starts around 6:00

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Aloha,

His gut is not looking good. Quite the distension while seated.

A hui ho,
V

maybe phil heath uses a mouthpiece. i use a cpap but highly recommend also using a mouthpiece that slightly juts the lower jaw forward allowing better chance of airway staying open in deep sleep. experiment - lie on back and jut lower jaw as forward as you can. now breath through mouth for about a minute and tell me that doesn't make a difference.

also sleeping on stomach (which is not always the most comfortable) will allow gravity to play a part on throat tissue or tonsils in keeping airway open. tissue that constricts airway while sleeping on back can fall somewhat forward when sleeping on stomach.

all three combined "may" help combat the very worst obstructive and central sleep apneas. these are nothing to play around with. the main symptoms are ABRUPT awakenings. they can be startling and accompanied by feeling like someone has screamed at you or scared the wits out of you as you drift into peaceful sleep. these most likely indicate central sleep apnea combined with obstructive sleep apnea - brain doesn't send proper signals to the muscles that control breathing. upon waking from those, your heart feels like it will explode. i've experienced that often.

check your blood pressure - i'm going to try a fitbit to watch it while sleeping. count yourself fortunate if your cpap alone has your sleep apnea under control

i use all three - cpap machine, pure sleep mouthpiece and trying to wake and turn to sleep on stomach. i also use melatonin to allow me back into REM sleep when abrupt awakenings occur.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf02V_WnO6k"]PureSleep Mouthpiece Review - A detailed description, fitting, and opinion - YouTube[/ame]

also read this... http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...ver-posted-about-tart-cherry-juice-sleep.html

Everyone preaches how important sleep is yet it also seems like a lot of guys have work/school/family, whatever it is and never get 8 hours. I was hitting a stride where I did OK on 6 hours a night and felt good but I had a regular schedule. Now it's all over the place and I start to feel run down on less sleep and end up just crashing for 12 hours on a day off or something.

Impressive though that he can do what he does and be so successful without adequate rest.

8 hours of sleep each night is a ridiculous notion, it's a fact that humans still have no scientific theory or factual explanation of why and how we sleep. All we know is that we need sleep because we get tired, and without sleep we will eventually die. I personally sleep 4-5 hours a night during the week, and as much as I feel like on the weekend. I never feel better or have more energy when I get more sleep.

https://youtu.be/pghXvPus-tE

I was pretty shocked to hear this. He clearly has apnea from the bad snoring he does; but he still hasn't gotten a CPAP.

7 sandows on compromised sleep [emoji52]

Says he sleeps 4-6 hours during prep; that might just be the androgens [emoji4]...but still.

Edit: topic starts around 6:00

Ronnie stated he only ever got 5-6 hours in several videos.

I can’t imagine many get a good sleep during prep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a pro card doesn't necessarily equate to be overflowing with the knowledge, training expertise, a grasp on potential medical issues and how to treat or prevent them. the best and brightest in this sport; guys like duchaine, etc. never put a dent in the stage but carried the wisdom and knowledge to push the sport/boundaries forward (good or bad) elite genetics can sometimes mean you don't have to apply much thought, pick heavy things up...put them down...repeat. before anyone gets their feelings hurt there all always exceptions.

I appreciate his honesty. He should have gotten that sleep study done long ago though. Ronnie also didn't sleep much. I imagine it's an issue among most bodybuilders that size. I have trouble falling asleep myself and need the ideal environment in order to do so but when it's quiet in a dark room, I get 6:30-8 hours a night and feel best when I do. Oversleeping is actually just as bad (9+ hours)

Additionally, while we are on the subject, I found this article interesting

https://blog.bulletproof.com/sleep-...e=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=dave

I’m gonna try one of these mouth guards. Ordered the VitalSleep one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the mouth guard and it was miserable. My jaw felt like I had been hit with a pipe after using for only a few hours. I am sure others love them, but my experience was not good.

Dr. Stasha Gominak has a fantastic interview on sleep that everyone should check out.

The # of hours matter in terms of recovery (obviously someone of Phil heaths genetics is able to get away with it). I personally need 8 hours otherwise I don't recover properly from training.

But it's the apnea over the # of hours that's pretty shocking about Phil. Going so many years being that size without a CPAP; it's a silent killer for a reason. You'd think Hany would've forced him to get one by now.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74F22bjBmqE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74F22bjBmqE[/ame]

Vitamin D, Gut microbiomes, B vitamines; all linked to one thing, Sleep.

Highly recommend you guys watch this during commute or if you get some downtime.

I don't think everyone needs the same amount. No doubt some guys are better sleepers than others (quality wise). Recovery abilities from training are inherently genetic; even drugs don't close the gap in that much (My EOD training is proof of that :) )

guys focus on intra shakes, peptide timing, time under tension then totally forgo the staples like sleep. I picked up about 6-8lbs of very solid weight years ago when I started CPAP just from removing/eliminating apnea episodes. I now routinely incur less than 5 episodes per night at a fairly short 240lbs, lol.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member