over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Phil Heath is a bonafide douchebag

I don't think he has the structure to support the type extra size he would've gained. Would've looked overfilled; probably even more so than William Bonac.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I think Phil did alright with what he had, but als we'll never know what could have been if he trained with bone crushing weights like Ronnie.

We can dream though.

Attachments

• phil vs ronnie.jpg
    phil vs ronnie.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 302
I would love it if Phil did a strong push this coming year to shut everyone up.

Both Dorian and Ronnie had years where they showed up and blew away the rest. Hell, even Jay regained the title with an over the top look for himself.

He could do it, but doing his thing, not pushing size.

It's still relatively easy for Phil. Ramy has several flaws, including some weird looking, syntholed up quads and condition problems. Bonac gets his condition right, but has a short torso and flawed structure. Rhoden isn't really getting any better...

Dexter is as flawless as Phil, but on a smaller package and he won't last forever.

Maybe Cedric could have a chance few years from now, but he needs to bring his A game...

And there's Kai too... Hope he gets back to the O.

I was very impressed with Cedric. His structure has the potential.

Both Dorian and Ronnie had years where they showed up and blew away the rest. Hell, even Jay regained the title with an over the top look for himself.

I would like to see him get 8, it appears from this year that he is on his way down, but who knows just an off year really with some personal and business problems may have affected his overall training and prep for the O this year.

I was very impressed with Cedric. His structure has the potential.

Cedric has all the gifts necessary to be Mr. Olympia. I wish he would just tough out the diet and fully suffer next time. There’s no excuse to not come in dry and diced like the way Dorian used to do. Brandon Curry suffered you can tell. He looked the way an Olympia competitor should look condition-wise.

Cedric has all the gifts necessary to be Mr. Olympia. I wish he would just tough out the diet and fully suffer next time. There’s no excuse to not come in dry and diced like the way Dorian used to do. Brandon Curry suffered you can tell. He looked the way an Olympia competitor should look condition-wise.

Exactly. Everyone has said Cedric has the potential for years now but he is not doing anything with that potential when it comes to the O. He is 40 years old so he doesn't have many more years at the top level. I think he has an incredible physique so no hate whatsoever. It just seems he doesn't want it enough. He seems really happy with everything so good for him but he definitely doesn't have that killer instinct to be the best of the best. He definitely needs to change his mindset if he ever wants to win the O. The only guy I see challenging Phil in the next 2 years is Ramy. Kai could if he came back and put 100% into everything. But I can understand why he hasn't come back but what a story it would be if he did.

He could do it, but doing his thing, not pushing size.

It's still relatively easy for Phil. Ramy has several flaws, including some weird looking, syntholed up quads and condition problems. Bonac gets his condition right, but has a short torso and flawed structure. Rhoden isn't really getting any better...

Dexter is as flawless as Phil, but on a smaller package and he won't last forever.

Maybe Cedric could have a chance few years from now, but he needs to bring his A game...

And there's Kai too... Hope he gets back to the O.

x2

Did you see the Kai video talking about the 2017 Olympia? As people know Kai usually talks in riddles and doesn't get to the point especially when talking about other bodybuilders. He doesn't like to put them down in anyway. But he hit the nail on the head about Phil this year. He is in an awkward position in the sense he needs to play the size game a little so he doesn't get lost on stage next to Ramy. That can easily be done with someone the sheer size of Ramy. Although if he pushes it too much like he did it goes against him. His physique simply isn't meant to carry that much size/fullness.

To me all he can do is be the best Phil Heath. To me that is downsized slightly and sure less full but no gut (well nowhere as bad) like this year. He will also get that hernia fixed and that definitely only added to things. We all thought it was super close and you posted the score cards and he still easily won looking the way he did. I think if they look similar next year it will be a bit closer. He has that special look so even if he is smaller he will win like he has done the last few years against Ramy. The issue for Phil though is Ramy will get better and better. If Phil comes back next year sharper but the same size has the last few years he will win his 8th regardless how much Ramy improves.

can't stand people bitchin in similar situations in life,he is the champ and as much as I dont like him as a person and not only but he still has the best physique

it is a bodybuilding contest not a personality contest,he exceeds in his field

Did you see the Kai video talking about the 2017 Olympia? As people know Kai usually talks in riddles and doesn't get to the point especially when talking about other bodybuilders. He doesn't like to put them down in anyway. But he hit the nail on the head about Phil this year. He is in an awkward position in the sense he needs to play the size game a little so he doesn't get lost on stage next to Ramy. That can easily be done with someone the sheer size of Ramy. Although if he pushes it too much like he did it goes against him. His physique simply isn't meant to carry that much size/fullness.

Yes, I saw Kai's video. The one he's on the treadmill, right? He was very precise with his comments.

To me all he can do is be the best Phil Heath. To me that is downsized slightly and sure less full but no gut (well nowhere as bad) like this year. He will also get that hernia fixed and that definitely only added to things. We all thought it was super close and you posted the score cards and he still easily won looking the way he did. I think if they look similar next year it will be a bit closer. He has that special look so even if he is smaller he will win like he has done the last few years against Ramy. The issue for Phil though is Ramy will get better and better. If Phil comes back next year sharper but the same size has the last few years he will win his 8th regardless how much Ramy improves.

Yes, correct again. If Phil brings the best Phil it's game over. Ramy still has a lot to fix before he can beat Phil. And I'm not talking size.

Yes, correct again. If Phil brings the best Phil it's game over. Ramy still has a lot to fix before he can beat Phil. And I'm not talking size.

IMHO you can't really fix anything at this level. I'm sure Ramy did everything possible this year and the result was minute changes compared to before. Maxed out like most of these guys. For me, Ramy has a boring ugly-ass refridgerator physique, too heavy a frame for my tastes. :D Kinda like Cutler or Nasser.

Realistically, what can Ramy do to improve?

I agree that Cedric looks like he could be Mr O, said it years ago. But I don't know if he has pushed to his limit, doesn't look like it. How do you let yourself go onstage in such poor shape? Feels like Cedric has an alternate idea of success, doesn't care about winning that much.

Realistically, what can Ramy do to improve?

- Calves. SEO or whatever. I believe he can do something about them and that would add a ton of balance to his physique.
- Quads. Need to be smaller and more separated. Ditch squats and focus on extensions, adductors, etc...
- Back and traps. Improved a lot since last year and can improve more. Needs more 3D look, more popping and separation.
- Waist. Need to come smaller. He can, and should, sacrifice some body weight and size while chasing a smaller waist line. It can be done.
- Condition. Ramy has never appeared in 100% condition with a granite look. At his level and with his resources it can be achieved. At least he can do much better in that area.

I mean, he is blocky, but so were Jay and Nasser (as you pointed out) and they managed to look proportionate and pleasing to the eye. Even Ronnie was a blocky bodybuilder, can't deny that.

Ramy can still improve. Besides his physique, I think the challenge is actually finding the right person or people to evaluate his current state and what changes are needed. He probably is surrounded by too many people telling him he either looks like he doesn't need changes or people telling the wrong advise. He probably gets advise that sends him in 1000 different directions or no direction. One thing Phil has is one trainer and one person to give direction that he trusts.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner