advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Phil Hernon and Shelby Starnes, Frank Zane on Eating when Hungry and Carb cycling

aeliop

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
From the book **broken link removed**

On carb cycling:

"When I competed I ate up to 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight of protein and kept my carbs lower for 3 days in a row, usually around 50 grams per day, then I'd increase to 150 grams on the fourth day, along with food supplements."

"I would stay on my carb cycling program right up until two days before the contest. This was 250 grams of Protein, 50 grams of fat per day, 50 grams of carbs per day, doing this for 3 days in a row. On the fourth day the protein and fat intakes remained the same but carbs increased to 150 grams per day, most of which were consumed early in the day and right after my workout."

on eating when hungry:

"I actually ate standing up so I'd eat smaller amounts at any one feeding to shrink my waist. I'd take a break in the middle of the meal for 5 minutes and relax, eating slowly throughout the meal. I allowed myself to get hungry before I ate a small meal combined with supplements. When I got hungry I'd practice stomach vacuums, which delayed hunger and allowed for more fat burning. Hunger is a cry from the fat cells on your body to feed them so they don't die. Have no mercy.

Hunger is a cry from the fat cells on your body to feed them so they don't die. Have no mercy.

Wow I love that! good read

From the book **broken link removed**

On carb cycling:

"When I competed I ate up to 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight of protein and kept my carbs lower for 3 days in a row, usually around 50 grams per day, then I'd increase to 150 grams on the fourth day, along with food supplements."

"I would stay on my carb cycling program right up until two days before the contest. This was 250 grams of Protein, 50 grams of fat per day, 50 grams of carbs per day, doing this for 3 days in a row. On the fourth day the protein and fat intakes remained the same but carbs increased to 150 grams per day, most of which were consumed early in the day and right after my workout."

on eating when hungry:

"I actually ate standing up so I'd eat smaller amounts at any one feeding to shrink my waist. I'd take a break in the middle of the meal for 5 minutes and relax, eating slowly throughout the meal. I allowed myself to get hungry before I ate a small meal combined with supplements. When I got hungry I'd practice stomach vacuums, which delayed hunger and allowed for more fat burning. Hunger is a cry from the fat cells on your body to feed them so they don't die. Have no mercy.

Thanks Aleiop...Now I'm starting to see why you think Frank Zane was hardcore. Good stuff there. I'd like to read more of his stuff.

on eating when hungry:

"I actually ate standing up so I'd eat smaller amounts at any one feeding to shrink my waist. I'd take a break in the middle of the meal for 5 minutes and relax, eating slowly throughout the meal. I allowed myself to get hungry before I ate a small meal combined with supplements. When I got hungry I'd practice stomach vacuums, which delayed hunger and allowed for more fat burning. Hunger is a cry from the fat cells on your body to feed them so they don't die. Have no mercy.[/QUOTE]

This is very interesting! Thanks for posting.

Thanks for posting this Tony.

sorry aeliop, I know you love the guy, and I think he had a great physique, but he was a little out there...

Lol.... Me and my wife both stand and have for about 2 years now while eating.... But the funny thing is while we stand we stare at our custom 1900$ dinner table my wife just had to have.... ROFL.

sorry aeliop, I know you love the guy, and I think he had a great physique, but he was a little out there...

Is it out there? If you look at most athletes who are ture Champions of their sport, most have the same line of thinking. Zane, Arnold, Platz. Steve Young likens the quarter back position as a kraft or form of art. You could go on with examples. Gretzky, Michale Jordan, Nolan Ryan. To these guys it isn't a sport, job, or hobbie. It's a living, breathing work of art, and a mind body connection is the common thread.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws