YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Phil Hernon style training (every body part 6-7 days a week)

FranJ

Registered
Hey guys,

I'm prepping for 2021 season, right now I'm bulking and I looking to try some new style of training, I've been reading a lot about lastest Phil's routines and I started working out fullbody everyday. I'm advanced bodybuilder (competitor), I've been training for almost 12 years and competing 6 years already... and I need something new to motivate myself... fresh air. Usually I workout with a lot of volume (something like Kuwait training) or Meadows style (P/P/L).

My routine is 2-3 feeders sets for each exercise, usually big muscle groups get 3 feeders sets and small ones 2 feeders sets, then I only do 1 working set to failure (not forced reps, drop sets or such), only positive failure by myself... I'm doing this:

Warmp up 3-4 sets of pull ups + dips not to failure.

- Incline/flat/decline chest press
- Chest flyes
- Lateral raises
- Machine row/barbell/cable
- Pulldown machine or cable
- Shrugs or reverse flyes (trap/rear delt work)
- Leg curl for hams
- Leg press or hack
- Cable pushdown (tríceps)
- Any curl (bíceps)

- Abs
- Calves
- Abductors

At the moment I'm in the first week, my recovery is fine, I'm using 1g test + 700mg EQ + 200mg parabolan. Good pump, but I feel like I've worked harder when training high volume, I usually do like 40-50 sets per workout (not working sets, just total volume).

Any input? somebody tried something similar? Thanks in advance guys!

Too high of frequency makes me bored really quick. Also magnifies any pain real fast.

but let us know.

I'd personally stick to something that has a proven track record with high end competitors

I did it. I love counter culture out of the box training concepts. Honestly, it simply didn't fit my psyche. It COULD work. It could work very well. But the most important thing about any program is enjoying it. I simply did not enjoy it. HOWEVER, I did embrace it during the height of the pandemic since I was locked down with minimal equipment in my garage. Since I only had very limited equipment I picked 8-9 basic exercises and performed them daily: Squat, deadlift, pull up, dip, overhead press, hang clean or bent rows, curl, and lunges. I did farmer walks as a finisher. It was effective to maintain my muscle (except for back and arms) and my legs actually improved. The calves got plenty of work doing farmer walks. BUT IT GOT VERY VERY BORING after a couple weeks.

Hey guys,

I'm prepping for 2021 season, right now I'm bulking and I looking to try some new style of training, I've been reading a lot about lastest Phil's routines and I started working out fullbody everyday. I'm advanced bodybuilder (competitor), I've been training for almost 12 years and competing 6 years already... and I need something new to motivate myself... fresh air. Usually I workout with a lot of volume (something like Kuwait training) or Meadows style (P/P/L).

My routine is 2-3 feeders sets for each exercise, usually big muscle groups get 3 feeders sets and small ones 2 feeders sets, then I only do 1 working set to failure (not forced reps, drop sets or such), only positive failure by myself... I'm doing this:

Warmp up 3-4 sets of pull ups + dips not to failure.

- Incline/flat/decline chest press
- Chest flyes
- Lateral raises
- Machine row/barbell/cable
- Pulldown machine or cable
- Shrugs or reverse flyes (trap/rear delt work)
- Leg curl for hams
- Leg press or hack
- Cable pushdown (tríceps)
- Any curl (bíceps)

- Abs
- Calves
- Abductors

At the moment I'm in the first week, my recovery is fine, I'm using 1g test + 700mg EQ + 200mg parabolan. Good pump, but I feel like I've worked harder when training high volume, I usually do like 40-50 sets per workout (not working sets, just total volume).

Any input? somebody tried something similar? Thanks in advance guys!
Ask b-boy.

Justin Harris:

"Saw pics of Brad Davis online and talked to Phil Hernon about Brad’s training…and decided to try something totally different for a bit. I’ll be training every body part every day–one set per body part.
Warm up: Spin Cycle 5 min

Seated calf:
1×20

Lying leg curls:
1×10 warm up
1×5 warm up
1×12 full stack

Squats:
1×10 135
1×5 225
1×10 315lb (legs are really beat up right now)

Hammer Strength Incline press:
1×10 warm up
1×10 405

Pull ups:
1xfailure

Clean and press:
1×12 135lb

Bent over Rows:
1×12 315lb

Barbell Curl:
1×12 135lb

Overhead tricep extensions:
1×20

Shrugs:
1×20

Ab wheel:
1×20 from knees

Finished with cardio on the treadmill "

Ask b-boy.
Used it, loved it, very fucking hard. You had better be a very advanced trainee, and you had better be able to listen to your body, if not then this isn't the training routine for you.

I did it. I love counter culture out of the box training concepts. Honestly, it simply didn't fit my psyche. It COULD work. It could work very well. But the most important thing about any program is enjoying it. I simply did not enjoy it. HOWEVER, I did embrace it during the height of the pandemic since I was locked down with minimal equipment in my garage. Since I only had very limited equipment I picked 8-9 basic exercises and performed them daily: Squat, deadlift, pull up, dip, overhead press, hang clean or bent rows, curl, and lunges. I did farmer walks as a finisher. It was effective to maintain my muscle (except for back and arms) and my legs actually improved. The calves got plenty of work doing farmer walks. BUT IT GOT VERY VERY BORING after a couple weeks.

Thanks for the input, I'll give it a try, at the moment I just feel more "full" after training, not during tho.

Used it, loved it, very fucking hard. You had better be a very advanced trainee, and you had better be able to listen to your body, if not then this isn't the training routine for you.

I'm afraid of going to far with volumen since I'm a "high volume" guy. I also love angles... so I find like 1 exercise per body part is not enough.

I know Phil prefers basic movements and free weights with this style of program, I've got a gym with all kind of hammer strenght machines, those are not that hard in our CNS like freeweights so I'm going to give it a try with a bit more volume and 2 exercises for chest/back... let's see how it works in a few weeks.

Thanks Bboy!

Looks like fatigue will build real fast.

1x warm up set of 10 reps before 405 hammer incline looks like a good way to injure yourself.

I've done full body work EOD as advised by Jordan Peters and it worked very well. Which is similar, but you use as many warm up sets as you need and then 1-2x sets to failure depending on the muscle group.

I think if you wanted to train that way a upper/lower/repeat would be less wasteful and easier. Hell my damn knees take 4-5 sets to feel good. I don’t want to do that every fucking day.

You can use heart rate recovery time to measure CNS fatigue, that would most likely be the limiting factor, you'll need a baseline though.

I did enjoy it for a while but didn't last long. It made me bored quick. For me, when I get bored (like what is happening to you right now), I like to try something that picks up the intensity. I started back with Wendlers 5/3/1 "big but boring" routine which is something I often go back to. It is very simple but is a nice combo of intensity with volume and gives me a challenge with numbers.

I do dig doing things a bit differently and have tried squatting everyday and oddball things and I enjoy it.

I like to oscillate between high volume low frequency and low volume high frequency.

I've tried it and like everything else I've done trainingwise (everything that didn't NOT WORK AT ALL at least), it worked just as well as other forms of training. So if you need something fresh I'd certainly give it a thumbs up.

I did enjoy it for a while but didn't last long. It made me bored quick. For me, when I get bored (like what is happening to you right now), I like to try something that picks up the intensity. I started back with Wendlers 5/3/1 "big but boring" routine which is something I often go back to. It is very simple but is a nice combo of intensity with volume and gives me a challenge with numbers.

I do dig doing things a bit differently and have tried squatting everyday and oddball things and I enjoy it.

Haha man same! I do 5/3/1 FSL AMRAP and a few accessories. 4x a week training when I get tired of whatever I’ve been doing

I'm afraid of going to far with volumen since I'm a "high volume" guy. I also love angles... so I find like 1 exercise per body part is not enough.

I know Phil prefers basic movements and free weights with this style of program, I've got a gym with all kind of hammer strenght machines, those are not that hard in our CNS like freeweights so I'm going to give it a try with a bit more volume and 2 exercises for chest/back... let's see how it works in a few weeks.

Thanks Bboy!

??? bolded

??? bolded

My english is not very good, sorry. What I meant is that I don't feel hammer strenght machines crush my CNS like when working with only freeweights (barbells or dumbbells), going to failure in a bench press o dumbbell press leave me really exhausted for a few days... that doesn't happen using machines, just a lot of pain in the muscle target but I don't need any other muscle groups to perform that exercise.

My english is not very good, sorry. What I meant is that I don't feel hammer strenght machines crush my CNS like when working with only freeweights (barbells or dumbbells), going to failure in a bench press o dumbbell press leave me really exhausted for a few days... that doesn't happen using machines, just a lot of pain in the muscle target but I don't need any other muscle groups to perform that exercise.

Thank you.

Interesting. I am not discounting your experience, I just find it interesting, don't know
why you would feel that way. Perhaps it's working the 'stabilizing' muscles, like I
think you are saying, are what really knocks you out.

And your English is not bad at all.

First week testing this training system, I've been doing 3 warm up sets for big muscle groups (legs/chest/back) and 2 warm up sets for smaller muscles (arms/delts) then just 1 working set, somedays to failure, and other days close to it... usually no less than 10-12 reps.

I feel really FULL, my weight has increased around 1.2lbs, it's like I can retain more glycogen, really full all day... muscles hurt when posing. I think this could be good for 3-4 weeks and then going back to low frequency and high volume (one muscle group per day).

The final distribution:

- Chest press (4 sets total)
- Flyes (4 sets total)
- Lateral raise (3 sets total)
- Row (4 sets total)
- Lat pulldown (4 sets total)
- Rear delts (3 sets total)
- Hams (4 sets total)
- Quads (4 sets total)
- Tris (3 sets total)
- Bis (3 sets total)

Not doing abs everyday, and only doing 1 set to failure of calves everyday.

Recovery wise... I'm a bit exhausted after 5 days, so I wouldn't train 7 days in a row, but probably 6... and maybe throw a 7th day training only arms (not very intense) since they are a small muscle group and can recover really fast (at least in my case).

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws