YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Phil Hernon style training (every body part 6-7 days a week)

The one thing I changed is not doing a deadlift variant every leg day. It goes SLDL, deadlift, Sumo deads. My whole body was fucked from 9 sets of dead’s a week.

But once again, I go HAM on dead’s. I have no ability to leave two in the tank each set lol.

So I’ll probably either do two sets each time or totally drop sumo and do extra leg curls or GHRs

I downloaded Jeff nippards 6x a week UPper/lower/upper/lower/upper/lower

It looks good. About 6 working sets per muscle, no intensity stuff. (Drops/RP)

I ran it 4 days in a row then took a day off. Most sets are supposed to be RPE 8. I think I’m pushing too hard, as I was “properly fucked” as Jordan Peters would say.
i was doing this. i was making good progress as far as adding weight each workout. the interesting thing was i needed less warmup sets before my main heavy set. i went from 4-5 warmups down to 2-3 while still doing that heavy weight.
problem was i shrunk. i got stronger but lost size.
maybe i shoulda ate more...definitely maybe.

Hey guys,

I'm prepping for 2021 season, right now I'm bulking and I looking to try some new style of training, I've been reading a lot about lastest Phil's routines and I started working out fullbody everyday. I'm advanced bodybuilder (competitor), I've been training for almost 12 years and competing 6 years already... and I need something new to motivate myself... fresh air. Usually I workout with a lot of volume (something like Kuwait training) or Meadows style (P/P/L).
Reread this post. What is Kuwait training? I surmise it is a lot of volume based on your lead in, but I cannot find any specifics via google search. Just wondering what others are doing out there...

I tried this for a bit. You rotate the movements and intensity so it isn't the same thing everyday. I couldn't imagine doing it long term though. I'd rather just focus on less movements and do them right.

I started performinf full body training to build my conditioning, which was lost on account of being out of the gym... f*ck!ng pandemic. I remembered Mike Mentzer recommends this before entering an H.I.T regiment. I hadn't trained full body in possibly over a decade or longer.

First week I did 7 days straight followed by two weeks with one day rest. I may consider utilizing full body training longer. While in the third week my body doesn't feel run down at all.

With all due respect to current trainers, I hardly see this a something new, as full body regiments were common amongst the 'Silver Era' bodybuilders.

I train full body 5x weekly. Mostly because I love training and it helps me warm up as I go after all these injuries. I'm not looking for anymore size at this point but refining what I've built after decades of sports and lifting.

Like said above, many Golden age BBers lifted full body each session.

Chest/Back Width/Back Thickness/Calves
Quads/Hamstrings
Delts/Biceps/Triceps

One exercise per bodypart......I explained how to work each exercise earlier in this exact thread.

How long do you do this rotation? 3 days then a day off or 6 days and so on.

Thanks

Thanks
I did something similar I believe but it was a push pull legs I didn’t take any days off until they were needed. I’d maybe have a day off every 3-4 weeks.

Thanks
He gave it to me as 3 on 1 off. There are times I keep going without a day off. I have also since changed it to:
Chest/delts/tris
Calves/hams/quads
Back/biceps

The reason I changed the split is that as I got older my elbows started getting beat up from pressing two out of three days.

He gave it to me as 3 on 1 off. There are times I keep going without a day off. I have also since changed it to:
Chest/delts/tris
Calves/hams/quads
Back/biceps

The reason I changed the split is that as I got older my elbows started getting beat up from pressing two out of three days.
I do that same exact split right now. I do 3 on 1 off 1 on 2 off. Kids have sports too so this works best for me. I think I need to cut volume though and do 1 exercise for each bp. I have been doing 3 for larger ones and 2 for smaller groups. But also including rest pause sets and other techniques.

For example I would do this for chest

Smith incline 1 heavy set 6-8 reps then a back off of 12-20 reps

Machine press
Rp set here 20 to 25 reps

Flyes 1 set til failure 20 to 30 reps

After a few weeks I definitely need a break I feel like.

I were those cheap drug store compression sleeves for mine and they help a lot.

I were those cheap drug store compression sleeves for mine and they help a lot.
Yeah, I just started using those a month or so ago. It does help.

For example I would do this for chest

Smith incline 1 heavy set 6-8 reps then a back off of 12-20 reps

Machine press
Rp set here 20 to 25 reps

Flyes 1 set til failure 20 to 30 reps

After a few weeks I definitely need a break I feel like.
You realize that what you're doing can't even be remotely considered Hernon's routine right?

You realize that what you're doing can't even be remotely considered Hernon's routine right?
Yeah I wasn't saying I was. I was just sharing my split. I never used any of his stuff.

First week testing this training system, I've been doing 3 warm up sets for big muscle groups (legs/chest/back) and 2 warm up sets for smaller muscles (arms/delts) then just 1 working set, somedays to failure, and other days close to it... usually no less than 10-12 reps.

I feel really FULL, my weight has increased around 1.2lbs, it's like I can retain more glycogen, really full all day... muscles hurt when posing. I think this could be good for 3-4 weeks and then going back to low frequency and high volume (one muscle group per day).

The final distribution:

- Chest press (4 sets total)
- Flyes (4 sets total)
- Lateral raise (3 sets total)
- Row (4 sets total)
- Lat pulldown (4 sets total)
- Rear delts (3 sets total)
- Hams (4 sets total)
- Quads (4 sets total)
- Tris (3 sets total)
- Bis (3 sets total)

Not doing abs everyday, and only doing 1 set to failure of calves everyday.

Recovery wise... I'm a bit exhausted after 5 days, so I wouldn't train 7 days in a row, but probably 6... and maybe throw a 7th day training only arms (not very intense) since they are a small muscle group and can recover really fast (at least in my case).
Can you go into more detail with exercises and sets

First week testing this training system, I've been doing 3 warm up sets for big muscle groups (legs/chest/back) and 2 warm up sets for smaller muscles (arms/delts) then just 1 working set, somedays to failure, and other days close to it... usually no less than 10-12 reps.

I feel really FULL, my weight has increased around 1.2lbs, it's like I can retain more glycogen, really full all day... muscles hurt when posing. I think this could be good for 3-4 weeks and then going back to low frequency and high volume (one muscle group per day).

The final distribution:

- Chest press (4 sets total)
- Flyes (4 sets total)
- Lateral raise (3 sets total)
- Row (4 sets total)
- Lat pulldown (4 sets total)
- Rear delts (3 sets total)
- Hams (4 sets total)
- Quads (4 sets total)
- Tris (3 sets total)
- Bis (3 sets total)

Not doing abs everyday, and only doing 1 set to failure of calves everyday.

Recovery wise... I'm a bit exhausted after 5 days, so I wouldn't train 7 days in a row, but probably 6... and maybe throw a 7th day training only arms (not very intense) since they are a small muscle group and can recover really fast (at least in my case).
4 total sets are 3 warm ups and 1 too failure ?

I tried U/L/U/L/off/repeat

My knees started aching like week 2

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear