over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Phil Hernon Workout Success

Extreme

Registered
I don't mean to dredge up old stuff as I see Phil Hernon isn't held in high respect here...from posts I've read. But I'd like to hear who did well on his "higher frequency" routines? I mean the original approach, not the recent every day stuff. Thanks.

I think people respected his training knowledge, they lost respect for his attitude among other things.
That being said I am still using a routine he gave me when I had hired him......but it was a three way split, 3 on 1 off so I don't know that I'd consider it high frequency. I obviously love it and feel it works since I've been using it about 80% of the time for the past 12 years. Some of his other stuff was a bit off the wall for my liking.

I have never purposely followed one of his splits but training is training and it all works. The more frequent you can train whilst recovering the better. I have even trained each body part everyday which I think he recommended later on. That was different and I enjoyed it and will probably try something similar in the future when I feel like a change. Nevertheless I think like most things somewhere in the middle (frequency and volume) is usually most optimal for the majority of people. I like to train a body part twice weekly and in that event volume can be reasonable and I can hit it very hard and recover every 7-8 days. If I train more frequently the workout volume goes down and less frequently it usually goes up. The most important elements are execution/form and intensity. Too many people get lost in splits thinking it's going to make a massive difference and it very rarely does unless you are training like an idiot to begin with. Rotate volume and frequency through the year and try new things but I personally don't see the point in looking up old training splits like it will suddenly unlock special gains. Master your execution and try to progress in strength within that execution for each movement and train as hard/often as recovery permits.

I grew up near Phil and trained at his gym for years. His training was very good for me personally. Low volume, high frequency.

Started with his 3 on 1 off. Then moved to even more frequency where I was hitting things 3 to 4 times per week. I grew and got strong. I have been playing with the idea of going back to that style

I grew up near Phil and trained at his gym for years. His training was very good for me personally. Low volume, high frequency.

Started with his 3 on 1 off. Then moved to even more frequency where I was hitting things 3 to 4 times per week. I grew and got strong. I have been playing with the idea of going back to that style
I did the 2 way split for awhile several years back for short bursts. I don't know that I can recover fast enough anymore.

The most important elements are execution/form and intensity. Too

I like that, I think very good advice, maybe add consistency, not necessarily in one split etc, but training hard with good form consistently.I believe there is a correlation of time under tension in a set and time under tension extended to mature muscle. Guys that put in work consistently for years have that look to them, even as they get older and may be on the downside of the hill a bit.

When you were hitting body parts 3x/week how many sets per workout? Just 1 heavy set, each time balls out or would you hold something in the tank?

I’m not a fan of training any muscle more than twice a week because I need 4 warm up sets before I get into my actual work sets. Therefore, training a muscle twice a week takes too much time. As an older advanced lifter, I feel best training each muscle only once a week. I’ve found Dorian Yates training split to be as good as it gets, but I don’t train like Dorian because I’d stay injured.

When you were hitting body parts 3x/week how many sets per workout? Just 1 heavy set, each time balls out or would you hold something in the tank?
He had me doing the same three work sets to failure on both the 2 way and the 3 way, just a bit longer workout but still under an hour. But for Phil failure was non stop reps, no pausing to catch your breath and get another rep.....working it like a piston, when you couldn't do that anymore the set was over.

He had me doing the same three work sets to failure on both the 2 way and the 3 way, just a bit longer workout but still under an hour. But for Phil failure was non stop reps, no pausing to catch your breath and get another rep.....working it like a piston, when you couldn't do that anymore the set was over.

Would you know where to find examples of that 2 and 3 way split? I like low volume and high(er) frequency

Would you know where to find examples of that 2 and 3 way split? I like low volume and high(er) frequency
Search this site for "Hernon" or Google "Phil Hernon training" They are all over. Or Story Time with Lats

Search this site for "Hernon" or Google "Phil Hernon training" They are all over. Or Story Time with Lats

I cant find shit and i have llooked for months everywhere

After site change here search is fucked

I wanted to give it a try also

This is corect way to train imo ,piston style constant tension

The post by Grinder is the correct split.

The post by Grinder is the correct split.

Dens thank you so much my brother

I appreciate greatly !!

Anything i can help you let me know

Respect

The story time with LATS post he's alluding to, I should have it saved on my PC. If you PM me your email address, I'll mail it to you.

It's not Phil Hernon's training but it's about a buddy of LATS' training that's similar to Hernon's.

Try google with
site: professionalmuscle.com
then search terms. That will let google search ProM forum only and will pull up any and all old posts.

Respect

Thank you my brothers !!

Dam i am happy with this search hack , time for reading

Thanks for all the info gentlemen! You've given me food for thought. I'm determined to crack the 260# mark in 2021, and believe Phil's approach will be the kicker.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws