over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

phil hernon

I think most people would agree, Phil could have been in the top 3 in the olympia if he had gone all out.

Most definately! He had everything why Dorian was winning shows and I guess back then Phil would be the last person Dorian would like to stand next to.

Dorian @ 1995 Mr Olympia
[ame=http://youtu.be/QzPtOT4OXzo]Dorian THE SHADOW Yates - YouTube[/ame]

Phil @ 1995 USAs...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAJ9a0oI5qo]Phil Hernon, Pre-Judging, 1995 NPC USAs - YouTube[/ame]

I spent two years under Phil's tutelage and still alternate between the workouts he gave me and a Yates style split. I prefer Phil's every once in awhile feel like doing a few more exercises to break things up.

With two in college and my daughter getting married money is a little tight but once the marriage is paid for I'll be back with Phil...

Dorian would have shat himself had Phil been on stage next to him!

Long live the legend of Phil Hernon.

Phil looks great in that video but this is way too much...Give Dorian some credit, he was the KING for years. Just because someone is on this board doesn't mean you have to go over the top and say a dominant Mr.O would defecate himself...Dorian dominated in the BEST era in modern BBing. Levrone, Wheeler, Ray, Nasser, Dillet, etc. Give the man his due...

I agree. I was lucky enough to have grown up near Phil and been able to train at his gym and learn from him.

His training styles, and tips I have learned is what got me to where I am, and continue to progress

his new routine is freaking awesome!

:confused::confused::eek::eek:
New routine?!?! I must know about this.

Phil has given away more excellent advice (training, nutrition, health) than any other two or three people combined on this board. And he has done it for more than a decade.

He also adds a lot of excitement. :)

PS - Wow, you were a good looking guy. What happened? :p

:confused::confused::eek::eek:
New routine?!?! I must know about this.

That's what I was thinking!

Working with Phil was the best decision I ever made in regards to bodybuilding. He and I have never met face-to-face, but when the day comes that I finally snag my pro card, ill be thanking Phil for sure

Yes

Phil looks great in that video but this is way too much...Give Dorian some credit, he was the KING for years. Just because someone is on this board doesn't mean you have to go over the top and say a dominant Mr.O would defecate himself...Dorian dominated in the BEST era in modern BBing. Levrone, Wheeler, Ray, Nasser, Dillet, etc. Give the man his due...

I honestly think if I dedicated myself enough I could have been maybe top 10 in the Olympia..........but others would have to be a bit off.

I honestly think if I dedicated myself enough I could have been maybe top 10 in the Olympia..........but others would have to be a bit off.

I'm sure I can recall you saying you felt like a shrimp next to dorian (you were doing a guest pose with him and also kovacs I think)

Was he really that big to stand next to?

Last edited:
Phil vs. Queefer
The Professional Muscle Classic

Both look freaky to me.

Attachments

• Phil_Hernon_17.jpeg
    Phil_Hernon_17.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 5,435
  • 63306d1372028982-favorite-contest-photos-promuscle-members-close-up.jpeg
    63306d1372028982-favorite-contest-photos-promuscle-members-close-up.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,718

Wasn't knocking Dorian at all. One of if not the best backs in bodybuilding ever.

I was clearly having some fun. No reason to take it so personal chief.

Just think had Phil stayed in the game longer he would have done well.

That's what I was thinking!

Working with Phil was the best decision I ever made in regards to bodybuilding. He and I have never met face-to-face, but when the day comes that I finally snag my pro card, ill be thanking Phil for sure

Ink with enough size you got a great shot at it. you have a perfect build for it with round muscle bellies and good insertions. probably just amatter of size for you and nailing the conditioning when its show time.

It's funny though, I think a lot of people forget how freaky Phil was especially in an era of bodybuilding full of legends.

Ungodly huge.......unreal........I saw him before I saw Dorian so I am unsure who was bigger

My boy is very good friends with Victor Richards. So many doubters here regarding dosages but I'm going to go there anyway. Victor never liked heavy androgens. He responds best to safer anabolics. He never used hgh while competing because he was taught that you needed insulin to make hgh work, and he wasn't willing to use that. His doses were light. That man was built by hard work, lots of food, and supreme genetics.

My boy is very good friends with Victor Richards. So many doubters here regarding dosages but I'm going to go there anyway. Victor never liked heavy androgens. He responds best to safer anabolics. He never used hgh while competing because he was taught that you needed insulin to make hgh work, and he wasn't willing to use that. His doses were light. That man was built by hard work, lots of food, and supreme genetics.

I thought he never actually competed???????

Ha, never mind I found his contest record.

Last edited:

I feel I'm being pretty unbiased when I say this, although some would probably say otherwise. Besides having great development and good genetics, your physique had a "flow" to it that is purely genetic and can't be developed. That is what places high in Olympias. Plus you were a mass monster in the beginning of of the era of mass monsters, and most monsters did NOT have this flow (by flow I mean more than just symmetry, it's a "look" some have and some don't).

Imagine another 15-20 lbs on your frame and an even more shredded conditioning?

I applaud your decision NOT to take it further, and the wisdom of that decision is probably the best reason for someone to hire you.

Last edited:
Hahaha I couldn't resist. You have him on legs. Seriously though, all the comments he makes about you looking like nothing crack me up. You're a freak, just as he was. I just want to lighten things up between you two. Best to make peace and move on. This place should be fun. :)

Thankyou JJB1.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner