over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

PHIL HERNONS Diet/Training routine...

JLizzle

Banned
For those that follow what Phil preaches so to speak.....when dieting how do you guys get extremely lean....as 10mins intense cardio pwo doesnt seem much to get lean...

Just wondering if it is really enough to get lean.

Thanks

For those that follow what Phil preaches so to speak.....when dieting how do you guys get extremely lean....as 10mins intense cardio pwo doesnt seem much to get lean...

Thanks

If that's what Phill preaches than its enough. Don't know phils stance but if you check out the john meadows thread he's ripped to fuck with very little cardio by all accounts. In my eyes its all diet and lifting to preseve muscle

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Believe it or not, lifting can be pretty decent cardio. Listen to Phil, and ask questions. His emails may not be very long, but you have to read between the lines sometimes. He doesn't spoon feed you everything.

Honestly

I would never put someone on 10 min cardio and leave them there. We have to start someplace. After feedback it changes sometimes drastically sometimes not.

I will be working with Phil soon once some things get sorted out in my personal life (moving possibly, new house, EMT certification, etc.), and I can say he has helped me tons already, and whatever he preaches works.

Stick with it and youll be amazed for sure! :D

Phis is the man, and as far as I'm concerned, the true leader of this forum. Listen to Phil, plain and simple. You'll never see me criticize Phil, and I'm extremely critical; the man is a walking temple of bodybuilding knowledge and experience. He's also a great man, never evading the TRUTH.

Thanks

diet is the main factor in getting lean , if you body can adapt to a ton of intesisity during training like John Medows then no cardio is needed but if it can't adapt and you try then you could be seriously over training.

burn more calories than you take in and keep your metabolism up and you can get as lean as you want , the trick is figuring out the nutrition to do that and spare muscle

Maybe you should hire Phil and see

I was talking about this with a few people in lifesupport thread yesterday... that cardio can be just walking outside or on treadmill, stair climber ... ever see guys like coleman, cutler or most pro's in their videos do intense cardio? I can't say I have...seems low intensity to burn some cal's... I was fooled thinking cardio has to be intense... I was wrong!
So I guess as long as more calories burned than consumed in a day you should be getting more lean on a good diet.

The more muscle you have the higher your metabolism so always think anabolism as Phil has said. You should always be trying to gain muscle, never lose it.
Cardio is catabolic, you want to do as little as possible to accomplish your goal.

Sure you can crash diet and/or do a ton of cardio and get lean, but you are going to lose muscle in the process.

The more muscle you have the higher your metabolism so always think anabolism as Phil has said. You should always be trying to gain muscle, never lose it.
Cardio is catabolic, you want to do as little as possible to accomplish your goal.

Sure you can crash diet and/or do a ton of cardio and get lean, but you are going to lose muscle in the process.

Wish I'd realised this obvious fact 3 years ago, oh well, live and learn

Wish I'd realised this obvious fact 3 years ago, oh well, live and learn

I'm jot sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but its never too late to change things up.
There is a million ways to do things, but if you do it right things long enough you will get where you want ago.

If you learn to listen to your body, eat when hungry PROPERLY, eat the right amount of macro's for your goals, you dont need much cardio if any at all. At least not from the standpoint of not competeing.

HOWEVER, Cardio is good for your heart. so there's that to think about.

Them Mr O pros got enough muscle to feed I don't think they CAN get fat unless they try...can't imagine what their resting metabolism is!

I'm jot sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but its never too late to change things up.
There is a million ways to do things, but if you do it right things long enough you will get where you want ago.

No, no not at all, was a good post you made and id never be sarcastic to a constructive post, not my style . What i mean is 3 years ago when i got into all this i made a lot of mistakes untill i found pm and took on a ton of useful knowledge. Im in the right path now but still learning. Wish I'd took on the knowledge from day 1 off this journey, wasted too much time fumbling along

Re reading my post it does come of a little sarcastic but not my intention at all, i meant with hindsight and the knowledge i have now it seems obvious

Last edited:
That's what I thought Sammy, but sometimes it's hard to tell on the interweb lol.
Its a long tough journey to be anygood at this sport.

Thanks

Curious....Did Phil happen to give you permission to publicly post this as it would be part of a paid for service?!

I'm sure Phil has his reasons for what he has you doing and from what's been posted, it sounds like you just started.

So, you're only posting a tiny piece of a starting plan for yourself which would be misleading for other potential clients as obviously you're not going to be allowed to post everything...I'm thinking Phil may have not given you permission to post this and that would be pretty rude if you asked me...but then again, I'm not sure he didn't.

My advice is to just continue with his service and to do your best to follow everything while giving him feedback as something to work with or there's not a whole hell of a lot he can help ya....you have to help him help you:p......But then again, OBVIOUSLY don't be down his back with every single little thing....Not sure how 'intimately' Phil likes to 'hold hands'.:D:p

it's funny how guys pay a trainer then turn around and ask questions openly why their plan doesn't look like sombody else's !!

if you pay sombody to TEACH you somthing then dammit just follow the plan !!

some coaches have a "plan" where everybody starts and it's adjusted as they see your body reacting , you have to have a set point to start from

Thanks

Whats your stats for all we know your 5'4 320 32% BF....

Then phil should have never started you at 10 minutes more like 5....C'mon bro with the vague posts.. if i was phil i would drop you for this post....u seem like u would not follow direction.. .phil is an ifbb pro and a excellent pro! i could only imagine he would want to see guys obtain there goals...

it's funny how guys pay a trainer then turn around and ask questions openly why their plan doesn't look like sombody else's !!

if you pay sombody to TEACH you somthing then dammit just follow the plan !!

some coaches have a "plan" where everybody starts and it's adjusted as they see your body reacting , you have to have a set point to start from

By his wording it doesn't sound like he has hired Phil but I could be wrong. Sounds like he has researched his training or has heard from someone who just started with him. Either way all abit silly. Guys if your gonna pick a coach don't question their methods... thats why you picked them. As Phil stated just a starting point. Some guys don't need any cardio to get ripped. Some guys are beyond help and they are usually the ones who start posting about how bad their coach was online but never followed the coaches plan :naughty:

Well

It kinda bothers me as I do not know this fellow..........but some client of mine told him what I start people on..........thanks you for looking out for me though guys

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear