over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Phil Hernon's Training Routine

hey guys " insert penis pump joke here "

lol... wasnt that funny....

penis pump.... :D

bigbadasian said:
|--[\\\]>-------- I worked out with him b4...dont' bother, all he does is talk...doesn't train to hard! LOL! J/K!
Dude i noticed the same thing...holy cow how did eer find the time to stop talking and grow and eat?

i have used phils training shedules before. "3 sets" doesnt sound like much but i always look and feel my best when im using that training. i swear on the holy bible, my first cycle i gained 68 lb some water a bit of fat but mostly muscle and i dont think it was the drugs. it was a combo of the training n stuff,as my workout patner at the time goit similar results and eveyone was so shocked cause only we were using the routine but none of them knew it at the time. and we wouldnt tell. hehe. so i cannot deney its power. anyone whos thinking of hiring phil, it wont be a waste. you will grow like never before. i promise. there r many types of training but this one is amazing. im sure its evolved even better by now as that was some time ago.

Just for the record Phil and I haven't hooked up yet (my fault only). But I plan on it in the future. I am still re-evaluating my goals of what I want to do so that will play into the plan of how Phil will train me I would think.

I did use an abbreviated version of what MD published about phil in 1995 or 96.
Each bodypart very brief and 2-3 times a week and gained about 15 solid lbs in a month.
I have always been fascinated by finding the holy grail between recoup and muscle stimulation through controlling intesity of the session through their brief nature as well as training a bodypart frequently as possible with out overtraining.
this involves some pretty intensive meticulous attention to diet and training of course and is highly individualized.

Lucian

Do you follow the way it is layed out in Big Beyond Belief or Phils routine. Phils is a bit different and allows for more recovery

I tried the BBB routine in the past and i seemed to make fast gains on it but then started regressing. seemed to burn out on it. however, i wasn't on anything and later found out i had low test so that might have had alot to do with it. haha if your above average in recovery and on some super supps. it probably would work better.

It really does make sense to train a muscle every 48 to 72 hours since that is the only time frame in which protein synthesis is elevated and the time it which just about all the adaption occurs (but this does not mean that the muscle fully recovers in that time frame). training to failure on all the sets and not having back off days seem like it can lead to overtraining pretty fast. but i guess if you learn to train hard but not too hard and manage you sets and recovery in that amount of time it would be the best system to use and could grow at an alarming rate.

sounds like you have had tremendous success with the program

Massive G said:
Just for the record Phil and I haven't hooked up yet (my fault only). But I plan on it in the future. I am still re-evaluating my goals of what I want to do so that will play into the plan of how Phil will train me I would think.

I did use an abbreviated version of what MD published about phil in 1995 or 96.
Each bodypart very brief and 2-3 times a week and gained about 15 solid lbs in a month.
I have always been fascinated by finding the holy grail between recoup and muscle stimulation through controlling intesity of the session through their brief nature as well as training a bodypart frequently as possible with out overtraining.
this involves some pretty intensive meticulous attention to diet and training of course and is highly individualized.

So Massive. What have you landed on to be optimal?? I still cant seem to do any better than a few sets once per week for each BP.

i use the bbb system and a newer version of it from phil. i still havent found the perfect way as i dont believe there is one. you gotta go by feel!! but hitting just failure and not beyond sems like the "secret" in this system. train hard,brief and frequently and every 3 weks back off for 3 weeks and "cruise" i think ive heard around. so its hard heavy and frequent for 3 weeks and less for 3 weeks, then back to hard heavy and frequent then less for 3 weeks, keeps you from burning out ect!!! theres a level 2 training in bbb thats very different than anything in the book, so i guess you could go dorian for 3 weeks, then back off then go high volume ala cutler for 3 weeks, then back to phil. its all good get it. just keep " ramping up and backing off however you see fit!!!" make sense???

Does make sense. maybe everyone should start looking at training by the month or two rather than by the week. I notice that when I train super hard and haevy with a HIT protocol I grow. Then shortly after everything slows down. So out of aggravation I go "NUTS" and start ramping up the volume and frequency. I overtrain quickly, but then back off and it seems as though I then grow rapidly during the back off. This makes me assume that low volume HIT is the way to go and the viscious cycle starts again. Maybe there is a way to do this in a controlled manner. Things that make you go HMMMMM!!. :confused:

RUBICON19 said:
Does make sense. maybe everyone should start looking at training by the month or two rather than by the week. I notice that when I train super hard and haevy with a HIT protocol I grow. Then shortly after everything slows down. So out of aggravation I go "NUTS" and start ramping up the volume and frequency. I overtrain quickly, but then back off and it seems as though I then grow rapidly during the back off. This makes me assume that low volume HIT is the way to go and the viscious cycle starts again. Maybe there is a way to do this in a controlled manner. Things that make you go HMMMMM!!. :confused:

if it aint broke dont fix it...its human nature to think that the grass is always greener, always wanting to try a different program etc (myself included)...just remind yourself that what your doing is producing the best results for you, fu$k boredom your goal is to be the best bodybuilder you can be, and if sticking with low volume yields the best results it only makes sense to continue using it...

Adrenaline Rush said:
if it aint broke dont fix it...its human nature to think that the grass is always greener, always wanting to try a different program etc (myself included)...just remind yourself that what your doing is producing the best results for you, fu$k boredom your goal is to be the best bodybuilder you can be, and if sticking with low volume yields the best results it only makes sense to continue using it...

Point taken AR

one thing i think is the most important part of the equation is the hitting body part more often.. on the routine you are hitting the bodypart two to three times a week.. this makes a huge difference..OVERLOAD AND FREQUENCY.. to hit that bodypart with three sets than wait a week to do it again is missing the point..i wholeheartedly recommend that you pay a little cash phil's way and get a full blown routine.. trust me.. he does not charge much and it is worth the money.....

well I can now say i've joined the ranks of those who are being trained by phil...allbeit by a distance.. and very VERY early days.. most of the threads here and one by LATS on a slightly different routine pretty well tipped me over the edge.... should be interesting as I come from a DC and PL background so volume for breakfast lunch and dinner, and then high intensity rest pause for snacks! No wonder I have always been so tired! I can't say it was wrong or bad, it worked a treat at the time, and now i'm very interested to see how this will go.
Cheers,
M007

I really like his training system. I'll be working with Phil this whole offseason and for my shows next year. BIG CHANGES for me coming up!

Yeah man i'm hoping for me too but that's as much in my hands (if not waaaay more) than it is in Phil's :D
Just have to be consistent and follow it all to a T and se what I look like on the other side of Xmas!

Without a doubt

Phil's program has changed my body composition. Its really amazing what he can do to someone with genetics like mine.

I know this year is going to be a good year....................:D

Holy CRAP! My training is VERY similar to this....or at least what was posted (likely not exactly the same). So with what was posted, I can vouch for it. The only thing I do a little different during cutting phases is that I only train legs once per week since I do more cardio as well. Or, at least, once I start doing more cardio, then I cut back to once per week. I don't have much mass on my legs like most, so I really have to preserve what I do have without overtraining them.

LOL....well this was good to know that people have success with similar type plans. I throw a little DC in there along with some Lyle McDonald and personal experience stuff in as well throughout the year. I always change up my routine though and rarely do the same exercises for 2 workouts in a row.

BMJ

plus everytime i threaten to quit phils program he gets all weepy and starts leaving messages on my recorder about taking his own life and how he "feels so alone"...so i keep doing it for his sake..the most disturbing thing is hearing the pump in the background..:confused:

Dude, he leaves you those messages too? I thought i was the only one. I dont feel as special now :(

Well i contacted Phil and as said earlier its definately affordable. So im looking to put some money together and see if he can transform me over the next year before i reach 40, i say 40 which sound like im getting on a bit but believe me i feel fit as a fiddle and at my peak, well i call it my peak but with Phils help im sure i'll surpass this.

Question is, ive got a show or two 1st in October ( 6 weeks today ) and Phils style of training that ive been reading about has got me well interested, hence the above. So while i'm putting the money together, around all the other expenses i have, can i ask is it worth me changing my training style to that of Phils basic and adapt it until i get him onboard or is there more involved than just the routine to consider???

Will it be detrimentle ( spelling off here ) with only 6 weeks left or can it be only to be my benefit?? I don't want to mess things up, not that i've got it right mind as im kind of running blind as only competed twice, albeit i came 1st in my 1st show a Rgional qualifier for the British Championships and then 2nd in my 2nd show again in a regional qualifier but with a different organisation and as an Intermediate.

Want to turn 40 on a high before i stop competing, ( if i do stop ).

Anyone any advice from experience ??

well it's encouraging to hear all of the above and just makes me keener to get into it. Love to hear the results of others who've undertaken the training and tutelage. I'm doing mine au naturelle so if anyone out there has done that too would love to hear your experiences. PM me if you dont want to discuss in open forum.
Cheers
M007

well it's encouraging to hear all of the above and just makes me keener to get into it. Love to hear the results of others who've undertaken the training and tutelage. M007

Ditto to this as i'm on the verge too

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner