over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Phil's Legs

Equalizer

Registered
I found a picture that I hadn't seen before. Phil must have had some kind of secret exercise in the lab to build those thighs. It had to be more than Squats.

index.jpg

Maybe he did lunges from NY to LA before the pic....:headbang:
Awesome pic

HOw old are you here phil. You look to be late teens early 20's? Just an amazing body all together but the legs:eek::eek:

Yikes

I was.......25. 1991......I got pretty lean for that show...this picture was 3 weeks out.......the leanest I ever got for any show EVER.....sodium loaded the week after this picture was taken......depleted my body of potassium and had to quit the 1991 USA mid pre judge because I almost died.......was in hospital for 1 week....Learned a lot then, hahahahahahha........Funny, I never alowed myself to get that lean ever again......I just figured it was not worth it. ....if I could not win a show fairly lean instead of shredded lean it was just not worth it.

VERY interesting Phil. I know you dont want to give your tips out for free about stepping on stage but can you give any tips about water, potassium and sodium the final days before a contest?

:yeahthat::banghead::D

Huge legs and huge everywhere. Huge lats, arms, etc.

Genetics really are a bitch, I agree, but damn, that must have taken thousands of hours in the gym as well. Genetics are one thing but that is also a shitload of hard work, dedication and sacrifice. Phil even stated he almost died and spent a week in the hospital.

I have pushed myself hard while in the USMC, and after in the gym but I don't think I really have a clue what kind of dedication, sacrifice and hard work it must take to achieve a physique like that!!!:eek:

GEEZE Phil, you're a 44 year ol'fart. :eek:
Welcome to the ol'man's club. LOL

The real question is what the hell did he do for those lats?

Those are massive.

That picture is just ridiculous! You were so massive and dense....WOW!!

Interesting

....if I could not win a show fairly lean instead of shredded lean it was just not worth it.

I thought shredded was the name of the game when it came to conditioning. How do you draw a line?

and I think it was your legs that took you to the top:eek: your inner sweep was as big as the outer. I don't think many of the players in the game even have that today. Was it an issue just walking around day to day?

I was.......25. 1991......I got pretty lean for that show...this picture was 3 weeks out.......the leanest I ever got for any show EVER.....sodium loaded the week after this picture was taken......depleted my body of potassium and had to quit the 1991 USA mid pre judge because I almost died.......was in hospital for 1 week....Learned a lot then, hahahahahahha........Funny, I never alowed myself to get that lean ever again......I just figured it was not worth it. ....if I could not win a show fairly lean instead of shredded lean it was just not worth it.

Why? Can some explain or point me in the right direction of how water manipulation works?

wow. awesome pic!

Serious Growth and LBA's and this could be you, too. :eek:

If I remember correctly he said partial back squats were a big contributor to his awesome quad development.

Phil was and is BADASS!

Last edited:
Why? Can some explain or point me in the right direction of how water manipulation works?

When i first joined pro muscle i posted a diet i was going to use the week before Vacation and Phil was the first response in the thread. If i recall the diet i found was the same one Phil used that hospitalized him. it was something like carb and sodium depletion in the begining of the week ramping up to a boatload of carbs and sodium at the end of the week. maybe i have that backwards, its been a long time and i dont really remember but its dangerous enough to kill you, that much i do remember.

The quads are one of the closest to Platz-like I have seen. But there is no excuse for the outfit Phil!

That pic is why Phil's pysiques is one of my favorites....that is freaking awesome..

JM

U look amazing. Props for the attitude about shredded, in the late 80s-90s seems like a lot of pros just didn't give a damn and pushed the envelope too hard.

Love the purple shorts too :D gotta miss those days lol

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner