over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Phoenix, AZ...things to do

Pheedno

Registered
Wife and I are looking to do a short getaway in late Feb/ early March for about 5 days. We've never been to Phoenix. Anyone from there or been there enough to recommend?
We kind of like to walk and explore while intermittently stopping for appetizers and drinks during the day and then go out to some good nightlife later in the evening/night. Hotel pool dwellers on occasion and we'll toss in some short road trips if attractions are close enough in new cities.

Is it a decent walking city? Good food and nightlife? Best areas of the city to stay in? Were on a $300-500/day budget.

Best thing to do is leave Phoenix and go to Scottsdale...

Are you guys renting a car? I liked going to the boneyard and sedona is nice, couple hour drive for each. I love AZ I've spent a lot of time in and around scottsdale and also tuscon but man hotels are so damn expensive and so are the flights. I've calculated it lots of times and it's cheaper to spend 5 days in mexico at a world class resort in the middle of paradise than it is to spend 5 days in AZ....

Last edited:
Best thing to do is leave Phoenix and go to Scottsdale...

Are you guys renting a car? I liked going to the boneyard and sedona is nice, couple hour drive for each. I love AZ I've spent a lot of time in and around scottsdale and also tuscon but man hotels are so damn expensive and so are the flights. I've calculated it lots of times and it's cheaper to spend 5 days in mexico at a world class resort in the middle of paradise than it is to spend 5 days in AZ....

Yeah, were looking at close options from where we live(South Texas) but we've been up and down Mexico so much that we were looking to outside the box. With only 5 days we're trying to minimize travel time and AZ looked like a decent pick. Neither of us have been anywhere in that state.
Flights are pretty cheap for when were planning($240).

We are definitely open to renting a car and exploring some. I've got a ton of points to help out with hotels if need be. Haven't really checked all the pricing as I don't know what hotels in what area are best.

Old town Scottsdale and Tempe are good for walk-in around at night. Lots of good restaurants. Sedona is cool. Bearizona can be fun. Lots of places to go hiking if interested. Paradise valley mall does lots of outdoor concerts or there’s always concerts at Ak-chin pavilion.

I live in Scottsdale and can vouch that Scottsdale and Tempe are pretty great spots. Tons of things to do and the weather is ideal this time of year. Hiking and golfing here are great. Old Town has great food and bars and the fashion square has a ton of high end shops and boutiques (if you or the wife are looking to shopping). If you like comedy the tempe improv is known as a legendary stand up spot. A lot of big name comedians perform there but I've been a few times with some lesser known people and it's always a great time.

Of course hit up Independence Gym in Scottsdale.

Like others say hit up Tempe, I’ve only been to pheonix area one time. My buddy that used to live there took us out and it was a blast lots of places to get drinks and have a good time.

If you're willing to drive a couple of hours, drive to Sedona. It's beautiful out there.

Arizona

If you're willing to drive a couple of hours, drive to Sedona. It's beautiful out there.

Wife and I are looking to do a short getaway in late Feb/ early March for about 5 days. We've never been to Phoenix. Anyone from there or been there enough to recommend?
We kind of like to walk and explore while intermittently stopping for appetizers and drinks during the day and then go out to some good nightlife later in the evening/night. Hotel pool dwellers on occasion and we'll toss in some short road trips if attractions are close enough in new cities.

Is it a decent walking city? Good food and nightlife? Best areas of the city to stay in? Were on a $300-500/day budget.

Scottsdale is a great place to party, people watch. shop and just have a good time(tempe too, but its a college town and much younger scene). There are plenty of luxury resorts near there but with spring training and spring break you are coming at the height of the tourist season and the highest rates. A short drive away(90 minutes) you have Sedona, which is a luxury resort area with beautiful mountains and outdoor recreation. You also have snow and skiing about 90 minutes away for a change of pace from the heat. And its a little longer drive, but of course you have the Grand Canyon. Also, about 4 hours to the South, you have Rocky Point; which is a very americanized beach resort in Mexico.

Thanks, everyone. Doing some looking online Scottsdale looks pretty exceptional.
The short drive to Sedona and we were also looking at possibly a drive to Jerome to do a wine tasting at Keenan's outfit Caduceus.

Wife and I are going to sit down and decide on the final destination this weekend. You guys helped out nicely

Thanks, everyone. Doing some looking online Scottsdale looks pretty exceptional.
The short drive to Sedona and we were also looking at possibly a drive to Jerome to do a wine tasting at Keenan's outfit Caduceus.

Wife and I are going to sit down and decide on the final destination this weekend. You guys helped out nicely

Jerome is a really cool little town. If you like wine tastings and such...queen creek olive oil mill is pretty cool. You can tour the farm and try a by a bunch of olive oils and vinegars that are produced on site. They have a restaurant that is fantastic too. I highly recommend the antipasto platter, and the chicken arrosto. Its a

Last edited:
Undocumented (illegal) aliens are far more likely to commit crimes, as well as to commit serious crimes, than are U.S. citizens, a new study of 33 years of Arizona prison data reveals.

The study, “Undocumented Immigrants, U.S. Citizens, and Convicted Criminals in Arizona,” by Crime Prevention Research Center President John R. Lott, also extrapolates that data to estimate how many additional crimes were committed nationally in 2016 by illegal immigrants, if Arizona is representative of the U.S. as a whole.

The study provides a uniquely accurate picture of illegal immigrant crime, its abstract notes, because it relies on comprehensive state records of every prisoner incarcerated over a 33-year period, delineated by citizenship status:

“Using newly released detailed data on all prisoners who entered the Arizona state prison from January 1985 through June 2017, we are able to separate non-U.S. citizens by whether they are illegal or legal residents. Unlike other studies, these data do not rely on self-reporting of criminal backgrounds.”

If undocumented immigrants committed crime nationally as they do in Arizona, the study finds that, in 2016, they would have been responsible for:

Over 1,000 more murders,
5,200 rapes,
8,900 robberies,
25,300 aggravated assaults, and
26,900 burglaries.
The study also concludes that Arizona’s undocumented immigrants are:

At least 142% more likely to be convicted of crime than other Arizonans.
Sentenced to 10.5% longer sentences than U.S. citizens, due to the greater severity of their crimes.
163% more likely to be convicted of 1st degree murder than are U.S. citizens
168% more likely to be convicted of 2nd degree murder,
189.6% more likely to be convicted of manslaughter.
Undocumented immigrants are also much more likely to commit sexual offenses against minors, sexual assault, DUI, and armed robbery.
45.4% more likely than other criminals to have been gang members, and
133% more likely to receive sentencing enhancements for being classified as dangerous.
Young, DACA-age undocumented immigrants make up a four times higher percent of the prison population than their share of the overall state population, the study shows.

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-...outh-more-twice-likely-be-convicted-criminals

Book now....spring training will be in full swing starting at the end of February. City will be absolutely mobbed with baseball fans. Arizona Cactus League.
If you want nightlife stay at the W in Scottsdale.

Undocumented (illegal) aliens are far more likely to commit crimes, as well as to commit serious crimes, than are U.S. citizens, a new study of 33 years of Arizona prison data reveals.

The study, “Undocumented Immigrants, U.S. Citizens, and Convicted Criminals in Arizona,” by Crime Prevention Research Center President John R. Lott, also extrapolates that data to estimate how many additional crimes were committed nationally in 2016 by illegal immigrants, if Arizona is representative of the U.S. as a whole.

The study provides a uniquely accurate picture of illegal immigrant crime, its abstract notes, because it relies on comprehensive state records of every prisoner incarcerated over a 33-year period, delineated by citizenship status:

“Using newly released detailed data on all prisoners who entered the Arizona state prison from January 1985 through June 2017, we are able to separate non-U.S. citizens by whether they are illegal or legal residents. Unlike other studies, these data do not rely on self-reporting of criminal backgrounds.”

If undocumented immigrants committed crime nationally as they do in Arizona, the study finds that, in 2016, they would have been responsible for:

Over 1,000 more murders,
5,200 rapes,
8,900 robberies,
25,300 aggravated assaults, and
26,900 burglaries.
The study also concludes that Arizona’s undocumented immigrants are:

At least 142% more likely to be convicted of crime than other Arizonans.
Sentenced to 10.5% longer sentences than U.S. citizens, due to the greater severity of their crimes.
163% more likely to be convicted of 1st degree murder than are U.S. citizens
168% more likely to be convicted of 2nd degree murder,
189.6% more likely to be convicted of manslaughter.
Undocumented immigrants are also much more likely to commit sexual offenses against minors, sexual assault, DUI, and armed robbery.
45.4% more likely than other criminals to have been gang members, and
133% more likely to receive sentencing enhancements for being classified as dangerous.
Young, DACA-age undocumented immigrants make up a four times higher percent of the prison population than their share of the overall state population, the study shows.

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-...outh-more-twice-likely-be-convicted-criminals

Definitely agree that undocumented = ILLEGAL

BUT - wtf did this come from?? Dude just wanted to know about good sites in AZ - unless I missed something

the best things to do in Scottsdale and Tempe are the co-eds :love: but unless you've got a very cool wife I fear you're going to have to stick to the suggestions the other guys made :p

Definitely agree that undocumented = ILLEGAL

BUT - wtf did this come from?? Dude just wanted to know about good sites in AZ - unless I missed something

I was just giving him more information about Arizona. if I’m going on vacation or what ever, I like to know as much as I can about the location i’ll be at.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear