over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

phoenix gyms? metroflex?

hollaback6

Registered
hey guys I am prepping for a show and will be in phoenix for a few days visiting my family. Need to find a good gym to hit it at. any reccomendations? Metroflex gyms looks pretty good but not sure. thanks.

Are they actually in the city of Phoenix or one of the neighboring towns?? Phoenix is pretty spread out!! Narrrow down where you'll be staying and that will help! Just give me the cross streets.

Id either hit Metro or one of the many LA Fitness'.

I used to fly into Sky Harbor all the time and would just get a weeks pass to LA Fit....very commercial but they had all the equipment and they are pretty much everywhere.

Your family that lives there will most likely know of a gym close by

metroflex is more like west part of town. depends where you will be staying in phx. Unless you want to make the trek for the gym. You could possibly be any where from down the street to over an hour drive away from this gym. it all depends where you are staying.

That would be a 45+ minute drive from Chandler to Metroflex which is in NW Phoenix.

going to be staying in chandler, arizona

Check out Lifetime at Gilbert and Warner. Its one of the more expensive gyms but it is very clean and has plenty of equipment.

if you don't mind the drive do it, just make sure you dont go doing rush hour. FYI just last week there was 3 fatal accidents on the I10 the freeway you would be using to get there to. Plus the i17 is always a pretty crazy freeway as well.

None the less brotha Metroflex is worth it if you are not driving during rush hour!!! I've trained there a couple times and you will be at a legit gym!!

I was just in town for a quick vacation.

Ended up at Independence Gym in Scottsdale. They did not charge me a day pass which was pretty cool and they did not hassel me either. Pretty nice gym overall. Had some big dumbbells, some cool machines and a decent vibe. Also a nice sprint track area with prowlers and tires. Also some bigger guys in there as well.

Check it out.

I was in Mesa for about 6 months, working in Tempe and used the LA Fitness. I liked it but I LOVE Arizona!!!! Awesome place and Scottsdale is great on the weekends! The most beautiful women in one place!!!

How can all you guys use LA Fitness and Lifetime and Planet fitness and all these other commercial places?? I had to use one out of desperation awhile back and I wanted to kill myself.

If you're in Chandler there is a Mountainside fitness around there. It's a legit gym, and most people won't bother you. I have a membership to the North Side of town.

LA, 24 and Pure Fitness are all down there. They will all give you a week pass if you ask for it.

Make the trek to Metroflex. It's $10 for the day and the equipment is top notch and so are the people.

How can all you guys use LA Fitness and Lifetime and Planet fitness and all these other commercial places?? I had to use one out of desperation awhile back and I wanted to kill myself.

Yea it kinda' sucks. But there's alot fewer real gyms here in the Phoenix area than you may think... its all big commercial clubs:mad:

As others have said...if you can get to Metro...get over there and train with some warriors. Josh has created one hell've a gym, where many pros and national/state level bodybuilders go to train...the equipment is second to none,and the music...well...you don't need to bring your music with you.

As to LA...my brother trained and Gilbert and Chandler...nothing wrong with those either. Plenty of weights and machines to get in a great workout. For those who say, why do you work out there...well, some of us don't have a choice. If you can't get a good workout there...then you have a problem, which solely lies between your ears. I now train at an LA...and if I don't get a complete destructive workout in, it is only because I didn't want too.

If the choice were mine...Metro in a heartbeat, if I couldn't get there...LA. Just my 0.02 worth.

going to be staying in chandler, arizona

There is a Life Time in Chandler/Gilbert and in Tempe (Close to the West Chandler border) Golds Gym 2 locations near Chandler and LA Fintess 2-3 locations. The towns here in AZ are spread out. So it can take you 20+ minutes to get from the east side of Chandler to the west side.

I've been meaning to go to Metro Flex. I live on the Phoenix/Chandler boarder and just havn't found the time to drive 45 minutes to get work out. But if you're on vacation then you'll have plenty of time!

I was just in town for a quick vacation.

Ended up at Independence Gym in Scottsdale. They did not charge me a day pass which was pretty cool and they did not hassel me either. Pretty nice gym overall. Had some big dumbbells, some cool machines and a decent vibe. Also a nice sprint track area with prowlers and tires. Also some bigger guys in there as well.

Check it out.

That use to be the old World Gym I believe!!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear