over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Physiotherapy question

whattoex

Newbies
I would like some advice as to whether I should go for physio or not.

I am not in any pain which is one of the reasons I question if it's needed. I'm an odd duck in that sense.

That being said....

The injury is to my left foot. I sprained my ankle in 2014 and 'walked it off'. It didn't seem that bad and I was in a situation where if I couldn't walk I would be out a lot of money so I didn't do anything about it.

Since then I've developed foot trouble. My arch in my left foot collapsed entirely and I now wear custom orthotics. I've been informed that I injured my tendons which caused them to stretch which has caused this problem.

I've done physio in the past to try to fix it, and improve the functioning of my foot but it results in a fair amount of pain and I have to do the exercises every day which makes it difficult to stay on top of.

Over covid I stopped doing it. Due to lack of motivation and I had plantar fasciitis in both feet from something else and my foot doctor told me to take a break and heal. I have a laundry list of tendon problems that were diagnosed in that foot that were causing me pain but since stopping physio they seem to have vanished.

Anyway, as I said. I'm in no pain now. But I am seeing muscle wasting in my left leg. My lower calf is an S shape as the lower part is much thinner than the upper. Also on the left side of my ankle next to the bump, where I tuck my finger in next to my Achilles tendon I have noticibly less muscle than my right leg.

Despite this I don't feel or notice a problem. It isn't unusual for me to walk 5 km.

Is this a problem? What can result from this? What are these muscles responsible for? Should I start seeing a physio again even though it actually causes me pain?

I would like some advice as to whether I should go for physio or not.

I am not in any pain which is one of the reasons I question if it's needed. I'm an odd duck in that sense.

That being said....

The injury is to my left foot. I sprained my ankle in 2014 and 'walked it off'. It didn't seem that bad and I was in a situation where if I couldn't walk I would be out a lot of money so I didn't do anything about it.

Since then I've developed foot trouble. My arch in my left foot collapsed entirely and I now wear custom orthotics. I've been informed that I injured my tendons which caused them to stretch which has caused this problem.

I've done physio in the past to try to fix it, and improve the functioning of my foot but it results in a fair amount of pain and I have to do the exercises every day which makes it difficult to stay on top of.

Over covid I stopped doing it. Due to lack of motivation and I had plantar fasciitis in both feet from something else and my foot doctor told me to take a break and heal. I have a laundry list of tendon problems that were diagnosed in that foot that were causing me pain but since stopping physio they seem to have vanished.

Anyway, as I said. I'm in no pain now. But I am seeing muscle wasting in my left leg. My lower calf is an S shape as the lower part is much thinner than the upper. Also on the left side of my ankle next to the bump this sports physiotherapy edmonton, where I tuck my finger in next to my Achilles tendon I have noticibly less muscle than my right leg.

Despite this I don't feel or notice a problem. It isn't unusual for me to walk 5 km.

Is this a problem? What can result from this? What are these muscles responsible for? Should I start seeing a physio again even though it actually causes me pain?
thanks for any help

You can really only get a good answer if you are looked over by someone face to face. There are way too many variables lost with just text. I would see a physical therapist if that is what you are asking as they will at least be able to evaluate you and help point you in the right direction if anything is majorly wrong or ease your mind if its nothing.

Just remember, the old man pays for what the young man does. You need to find out how this may affect you in the short AND long run.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131