over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Physiques from the past that I miss

Good names! Those were some good physiques!

Bob Birdsong.....I liked his physique too. Phil Hill.......wow.....what the hell happened to that guy? He started after nationals with Shaun Ray...and I think he did one pro show right after that and then.....gone.

Mike Francois was really awsome, I also like Charles Clairmont.
:)

Saw Jeff King guest pose at the very first show I ever went to--right before he called it a day....He was 283lbs and he freaked the audience right the hell out. It was insane-truly insane

Phil Hill-shows up at the nationals at the very same height as Shawn Ray 5'7" but exactly 41lbs of muscle mass heavier at 238lbs and I still to this day have no idea how he lost the overall to Ray. I think he cleaned house at his first 2 pro shows-the NOC and the Niagra, did the Olympia and the NOC again and then quit

Jeff Williams--theres a name from the past..probably a couple years before I even started lifting..I dont know if many people on this board would even know of him. I think this guy competed for like 3 years and then vanished but the last year this guy competed he was so incredibly large (unbelievable gain from the year before) it was frightening. If anyone ever digs up pics from his last national show (I think he placed 3rd in his class) you would be shocked--it looked like he had more muscle mass than his body could/should of been able to actualy hold--cartoonish

In the early-mid 90's I used to know or talk to some of the guys going into the nats and usa's going for their pro card and I would ask them about each other and I would hear the same responses....Id ask what they thought of

Titus: they would say "flat pecs, no calves, back isnt great, distended abdomen, comes in shape though"

Prince: they would say "back is his downside, lat width and depth not there"

Long: "very narrow shoulder width, legs dont have a great sweep"

Newman: "flat pecs, comes in out of shape"

Demayo: "doesnt come in hard, mediocre shoulder width and back needs improvement"

Hernon: Id hear the same thing every time "oh fuck is Hernon competing?" I would never hear anyone say "well hernon doesnt have this" because Phil had everything in spades and nobody liked to stand next to him....One guy said "well tell phil I wish him the best and Im sending him a salt lick in the mail"....their hope was that he would somehow blow his prep and come in off...some of them wanted me to ask Phil exactly what he was "doing" and get back to them with the info--LOL

Another I liked was Alq Guerley, always came in hard.

i got to go with Bob Paris too... too bad people just can't apprecaite his dedicaton instead of his lifestyle.

As far as the women.....

Denise Rutkowski - Damn what a hottie!

Gary Strydom at the '91 WBF comp - totally freaky. First time someone of a more 'normal' height went on stage at 265 of quality.

Bob Paris - absolutely sensational. The perfect body in my opinion. I'd be happy as hell to look like him, even if it would mean in these days that I wouldn't place top 15 in anything. Who cares about bodybuilding competiton when you have a body like his?

Phil Hernon when I saw him at the USA's when he got his card. Fucking freaky. I was gobsmacked thinking - that's a freak!

Have you guys noticed how the density of the muscle that the pros had 10 -15 years ago or so is just non existant anymore?

hardkor said:
Denise Rutkowski - Damn what a hottie!

Tonya Knight did it for me. I even had that life size poster of her sucking on that saxophone on my door :D

Since you mentioned it Big A

Here's one

Attachments

• strydom.jpg
    strydom.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 356
Arnold, Casey Viator, Vic Richards, oh and Greg Valentino lol

Belknap had a sick neck and traps!

Nimrod King- too bad he was a criminal
Eddie Robinson
Janvier - Great symmetry!
Terry Pastel - Not a big guy, but had arms "bigger" then his head
Robby Robinson - such a hard worker!
Jim Quinn - More powerlifter physique, but LOVE his phylosophies...

BCC said:
Here's one

How's that for a freak? And that was 13 years ago!
I reckon he would have destroyed Haney that year if he would have been allowed to enter the Olympia.
Haney was 253 in the best shape of his life but Strydom was 265 harder, denser and more balanced. That's the year that Dorian did his first Olympia at 230 and he would have been blown away too by Strydom.

All of these guys listed were great!

Myself, I best liked
Lee Haney - supersmall waist and great symmetry
Lee Gaspari - super shredded
and dont laugh, Frank Zane - the giant killer

saw francis benfatto when i was a kid at the arnold classic, beautiful physique just lacked to much in the legs

Todd Smith
Matt Mendenhall
Bertil Fox
Vic Richards
Mark Kahlberg

What happened to Nimrod that made him "a criminal?"

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236