advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Piana finally hits the nail squarely on the head in this video...

just playing devils advocate - as I enjoy to do

But the key reasoning behind why bodybuilders aren't paid to perform is because of the fact that they are in a contest. These phenomenal singers on The Voice or American Idol are in a contest, they make tons of money for those shows. They're competing for the opportunity to make it big. It's basically the same thing with bodybuilding.

There's a lot more money in most other forms of entertainment then there is in bodybuilding. It appeals to such a select crowd. So you're gonna see less people making it big.

That being said, I think a contest without charging the bodybuilders is a great idea, if someone was willing to invest enough in hopes that they break even.

Nobody is going to pay you for being big. You have to offer them some other form of product, entertainment or service. (like fucking a grapefruit)

Last edited:
::port-smi It may seem silly but just to add to the whole "cheap and greedy issue". We cant even get real trophys anymore....We get lame placks...Wtf is that? Where are the little bronze bodybuilder trophies (yes i know they are plastic too). Its kinda lame..You put a lot of hard work in for a piece of shit...Why not just give out balloons from now on.

::port-smi It may seem silly but just to add to the whole "cheap and greedy issue". We cant even get real trophys anymore....We get lame placks...Wtf is that? Where are the little bronze bodybuilder trophies (yes i know they are plastic too). Its kinda lame..You put a lot of hard work in for a piece of shit...Why not just give out balloons from now on.

Certificates of participation would go great with said balloons.

He wants to slam the greedy promoter, but without him the show would NOT go on. If the contestants did not pay a participation fee would the show, could the show, be profitable? If not, it doesn`t happen. Could they raise admission enough to offset that AND actually have people pay more to see guys on stage?
From the way people talk, I never thought people competed for the "trophy" or would be discouraged from getting on stage because if the fee. It was more for themselves... guess that is a bunch of BS, at least for some, or Rich

Could they raise admission enough to offset that AND actually have people pay more to see guys on stage?

See post above. It's gotten out of hand. Especially when you consider that if you go to watch a friend or family member, they are only onstage for what? 5 Minutes tops?

Last edited:
A contest and a concert are two completely different things. Competitors enter contests to prove something to themselves or to others. A successful musician has already gone through all that crap and can now capitalize on it.

A contest and a concert are two completely different things. Competitors enter contests to prove something to themselves or to others. A successful musician has already gone through all that crap and can now capitalize on it.

Not necessarily true at all! Most musicians are striving to stay relevant and the ironic things is...the ones that are GREAT(and can pretty much not give a shit and put it on cruise control) are still out there being OCD and trying to outdo themselves and be even better.

Look people...this is not about paying competitors...this is about the powers that be being greedy as fuck and making it ridiculously expensive for friends, family, and spectators...oh AND athletes. This is about the GREED and the failure to DISTRIBUTE money into and throughout the sport.

I respect rich think he has great points .but the way the world works if you want somthing done do it yourself. I think rich should have his own show and I'm not being sarcastic or disrespectful. I honestly think he should. hell I would help him these people putting on shows get paid for each vendor spot and $30 for a morning show and 50 for a night show me and rich could get rich and have a badass show that would give all people the oprutunity to get on stage .

The system has always screwed the people who want to compete. They know they have a bunch of people who are passionate about something and they know they can charge them, so they charge them. These days so many people are competing its crazy. Its never going to change because there are a few people at the top that aren't going to give up money or control. I just feel bad for people who get into it thinking they are going to make money one day from competing. Its not likely, even some guys near the top struggle to make money.

He made ALOT of great points...surprised he doesn't sponsor a show himself...knowing how much costs rose makes Me think about ever competing again(last I did was 11yrs ago NPC card was $45/50 and $40 per division)

thats nothing... that seems like a great price... how is that a rip off?

in the US you have to register with the NPC (every year) for $120

then every show you enter is another $75-150, plus any crossover fees

Ya I just competed you forgot registration if you didn't do it on line ripoff John Linsey

Sent from my iPhone using bacgzynrtb MGM

Well it's easier said then done but people to need to agree to not show up to shows if they are not being paid. The reason they can get away with it is because a scab will take your place if you protest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He made ALOT of great points...surprised he doesn't sponsor a show himself...knowing how much costs rose makes Me think about ever competing again(last I did was 11yrs ago NPC card was $45/50 and $40 per division)

I'll bet he will.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510