YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Piana finally hits the nail squarely on the head in this video...

A contest and a concert are two completely different things. Competitors enter contests to prove something to themselves or to others. A successful musician has already gone through all that crap and can now capitalize on it.

His using established musicians isnt a good point. When amateur bands first start to play out...They have to sell a certain amount of tickets, or pay for them out of pocket. Its called Pay to play in the music industry.

Amateurs of any kind will have to pay to make it...the prices seem a bit high for body building so I'm not saying he isn't making a point, just he doesn't understand any amateur industry.

Yeah and they could have clowns instead of judges that honk their horn when they like something.

And maybe a huge gong for when they do not like something. (Old guys will remember the gong show - and some of these contests are run about as classy)

Bands no one listens to are still paid....I don't think amateurs should be paid but should atleast compete for free/very low cost $20/25 card...$10/division etc.

Afterall they put enough into prep costs...food, supps, gear, suits, coaches, travel, tanning etc.

A lot of smart bodybuilders know that you have to make your money outside of the bodybuilding industry. Anyone thinking that being big and shredded is going to get them paid is foolish. There's no marketability in it. We live in a world where nobody cares how big you are let alone willing to spend cash to come to a show and watch you flex.

The pie is only so big, the cult of bodybuilding is tiny, I go to a couple shows a year and from what i can tell the good majority of the audience is there for the fitness girls (bikini/physique/etc...).

Jay, Branch, even Arnold all made their money outside of bodybuilding long before they got big paychecks from the bodybuilding industry. Hell you almost have to with the cost of being a bodybuilder(food,gear,growth). The smartest guys in the bodybuilding industry are probably the ones who threw away the posing trunks and bought a crimper and autoclave.

thats nothing... that seems like a great price... how is that a rip off?

in the US you have to register with the NPC (every year) for $120

then every show you enter is another $75-150, plus any crossover fees

See bold above: Completely ridiculous. A "corssover" fee? I guess it's not good enough to charge the athlete once per show--we have to charge them multiple times to compete on the same night. LOL.

See bold above: Completely ridiculous. A "corssover" fee? I guess it's not good enough to charge the athlete once per show--we have to charge them multiple times to compete on the same night. LOL.

I would complain but I just see it as paying for 2 more trophies when I enter the masters division and then the masters overall.:)

The cost of competing is so much when you consider everything. Obviously most do it because they are passionate about it, thats why I give people credit who are willing to make the sacrifice. Some of those fee's just seem like a slap in the face. After all the food, supplements, time in the gym, travel expenses.... then the fee's... wtf

I love Pianas videos. A lot of guys dont like him because hes real flamboyant about his drug use and all that but he does speak on good topics and I can appreciate him attempting to educate people about the drugs even if it is for his own personal gain.

Yeah and they could have clowns instead of judges that honk their horn when they like something.

holy shit! I laughed out loud on that bro!!!! LOL
-JS

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear