over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

pic of my current intra-workout drink

grandstaff

Registered
I see this list of crap people now drink during a workout and it makes me laugh.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 606
and here is a pic of my pre-workout drink

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 600
Why do you care honestly? I will never understand why people are so fixated on what other people do.

Drink something, don't drink something, who gives a shit..lol

being around a long long time it's interesting to watch the next big thing come and go continuously, it's much like other fads in clothing etc. even trainers/gurus go thru there 15mins until the next guy comes around. No judgement, just interesting to watch over the years. You always see the posts about guys using all the crazy stuff back in the 80'-90's and laughing about it, I was one of them. It just continues to evolve.

being around a long long time it's interesting to watch the next big thing come and go continuously, it's much like other fads in clothing etc. even trainers/gurus go thru there 15mins until the next guy comes around. No judgement, just interesting to watch over the years. You always see the posts about guys using all the crazy stuff back in the 80'-90's and laughing about it, I was one of them. It just continues to evolve.

"Intra" workout drinks aren't anything new or "the next big thing" as you want to call it. I guess you think nutrient timing is a scam to sell products, right? :rolleyes: Yeah, no evidence that nutrient timing is important, none

No judgment, yet here you are making a thread pretty much flaming guys who partake in an intra workout drink.

I believe that intra workout nutrition is a total performance enhancer especially if used with insulin.

$30/month should get you everything you need for it.

Things come and go for sure. Intra workout nutrition isn't really a new concept, or one I ever see vanishing completely. There is just more companies seeing the market for it, and making complete supplements.

What you have to understand is there are multiple reasons that people use these drinks, beyond "I need carbs for dem gains". For example, numerous people run pre-wo slin, I don't think water is optimal for that scenario. lol

I can give you the reason I use them. I drive 30+ min each way to the gym. I train for a good 2-3hrs on heavy days, sometimes longer if we have a extra people benching with us. If I leave at 11:30am, most days I don't get home until 4 or later if I hit traffic. I start to run out of time in the day to get enough calories in. For me, I look at it as calories. If I can get easily get another 4-500+ calories in during that period, that is beneficial to my situation.

I don't spend nearly $150 a month though. $50 maybe. And that is without trying to save any money.

Last edited:
ECB totally agree. I am pretty much in the same situation. But and I went right back to food for my nutrient timing, same pump, same results. Always thought it was interesting to that Cutler used regular coke.

though re-reading your thread I don't spend more than a total of 4 hours per week in the gym. 45 minutes 4x per week is fine with me

Last edited:
Tell that to....

**broken link removed**

They obviously must be foolish since they sell billions of dollars worth of this shit yearly

and going againest the current train of thought isn't flaming anyone at all. Nutrient timing is where it's.

as far as pre-workouts....funny story. Young kid at the gym has to take an "emergency" crap 30minutes after his shake every time......bathrooms we're closed for remodeling at the gym, lmao

ECB totally agree. I am pretty much in the same situation. But and I went right back to food for my nutrient timing, same pump, same results. Always thought it was interesting to that Cutler used regular coke.

Coke is mostly hfcs now which sucks. Not to mention I'm not sure how I'd handle something carbonated intra.

I've done more food based stuff like oats/whey iso etc intra and it doesn't sit well with me.

I guess I look it like this. Let's use intra MD as an example. It's $45 a 30 serving tub. That's $3 if I use 2 servings which is 60g carbs . It's honestly only marginally more than a 32oz gatorade and has eaa, and cm. I find that worth it.

though re-reading your thread I don't spend more than a total of 4 hours per week in the gym. 45 minutes 4x per week is fine with me

Ya I'm a powerlifter. Sometimes we have 4+ people benching, squatting or deadlifting. Lots of weight changing, height adjustments on bench etc. It can take a long time some days. Especially as we get closer to meets and weights are heavier and rest times longer. Just warming up can take forever. Lol

Last edited:
aah powerlifting, my joints no longer allow me to go there. Honestly though everyone should start with it to build there base, I did. Sadly not many of the younger I see do anymore. Although the equipted division seems to be alittle overboard the raw division seems to be a breathe of fresh air

and going againest the current train of thought isn't flaming anyone at all. Nutrient timing is where it's.

as far as pre-workouts....funny story. Young kid at the gym has to take an "emergency" crap 30minutes after his shake every time......bathrooms we're closed for remodeling at the gym, lmao

It is NOT the "current train of thought"!
Where do you get that this is "current"?

It's getting the nutrients in at a time your body will utilize it the best, the easiest way. Easy digestible carbs with EAA's is hardly a mind blowing creation. Can someone drink a Gatorade with EAA's in it, of course, I did for a while. I've been using the MD Intra drink and can tell you that I haven't been near as sore as I was when drinking the Gatorade with EAA's, that's a fact. Same intensity in the gym, just a quicker recovery. Guess it's the fad placebo that's got me not sore

I like the simple approach. Pre workout I have a chicken breast covered in pnb, water during. I used to do pre workout slin with all the pepto pro, expensive carb powders and fancy aminos. Now I do post workout with a huge bowl of rice krisbies and whey protein. If in really pushing the boat out I'll throw some creatine in there. Got better results with this method and had more money for steak and gear.

Those that like intra and get good results keep doing it. We all have to find our own path. I can't train for shit eating carbs preworkout so I put my better results down to more intense workouts being carbles tbh

Last edited:
It is NOT the "current train of thought"!

Where do you get that this is "current"?

It's getting the nutrients in at a time your body will utilize it the best, the easiest way. Easy digestible carbs with EAA's is hardly a mind blowing creation. Can someone drink a Gatorade with EAA's in it, of course, I did for a while. I've been using the MD Intra drink and can tell you that I haven't been near as sore as I was when drinking the Gatorade with EAA's, that's a fact. Same intensity in the gym, just a quicker recovery. Guess it's the fad placebo that's got me not sore

How is that a "fact"??
Because you feel less sore?
Come on man

I see this list of crap people now drink during a workout and it makes me laugh.
Maybe you should show us your progress with your simple ways. And how much you continue to change year by year?

I apologize guys a new this would open up a can of worms. I'm not a troll or newb by any means I just think a lot of guys get caught up in the hype. I have a gym full of kids carrying around milk jugs full of this stuff and fried on the latest and greatest preworkout yet have never masters the basics. It's sad. That's being said I always go right back to food pre and post even with insulin. Black Coffee pre workout. NThink for yourself, experiment but make your own decisions based on what works best for you. Lots of people following blindly.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131