over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

pic of my current intra-workout drink

Maybe you should show us your progress with your simple ways. And how much you continue to change year by year?

I posted a pic awhile ago in Big A's thread. #2202.

not a big selfie guy but there you go.

Last edited:
Knight I also used MG muscle powder with added pepto pro for a good while. I just didn't see continuing to use it because the pumps etc were just as good without.

Very close friend of mine trained with Milos years ago before this was all common knowledge I got a lot of valuable first hand feedback. Learned a lot.

Last edited:
It is NOT the "current train of thought"!
Where do you get that this is "current"?

It's getting the nutrients in at a time your body will utilize it the best, the easiest way. Easy digestible carbs with EAA's is hardly a mind blowing creation. Can someone drink a Gatorade with EAA's in it, of course, I did for a while. I've been using the MD Intra drink and can tell you that I haven't been near as sore as I was when drinking the Gatorade with EAA's, that's a fact. Same intensity in the gym, just a quicker recovery. Guess it's the fad placebo that's got me not sore

How is that a "fact"??
Because you feel less sore?
Come on man

Apparently reading comprehension is not your forte is it?

Try reading, reading again, then reading yet again what I wrote. The MD Intra drink helps keep my level of soreness down, allowing me to lift more frequently as opposed to a simple Gatorade with EAA mix. That is a fact, that I have been less sore since consuming this intra workout, is there any way I can be more clear than that?

Why do you care honestly? I will never understand why people are so fixated on what other people do.

Drink something, don't drink something, who gives a shit..lol

why are you on here if you dont care what people do? why is anyone on this site? cuz......they care what other people do. goddam obviously.
cuz this particular topic doesnt interest you doesnt mean you should be an asshole about it.

why are you on here if you dont care what people do? why is anyone on this site? cuz......they care what other people do. goddam obviously.
cuz this particular topic doesnt interest you doesnt mean you should be anb asshole about it.

Perhaps the op is being an a$$hole about it putting down people who consume intra drinks. It's quite easy to tell with his passive aggressive undertone that he has a superiority complex, it's evident by him starting this thread. Then quickly replying with "I'm not bashing the people who use it" after he just did, ponder that

LOL at everyone jumping your ass cause you don't agree with "intra workout drinks". i sometimes wonder how guys like leverone, wheeler, priest, cutler, ronnie, dorian, labrada, paris, haney, gaspari, and a list way too numerous to list built half the physique they did with out the latest intra workout drink.

im not saying that i disagree with intra shakes, they have their purpose, but you guys sometimes act like someone can't build a world shattering physique without them..LMFAO... GEESH! haney, dorian, and ronnie did just fine without the newest fast digesting carb drink and fastest digesting protein ever invented along with the greatest BCAA/ EAA concoction on the planet.

no need to bust this guys balls cause he doesn't agree with the village people of PM. (GOD forbid). Its ok guys stick with what you do and believe in and build the best physique your genetics will allow you and let others do the same.

I have to somewhat agree with some of the OP's statements.... Its funny how everyone jumps on the newest fads, buy this drink it will make u grow wings.... Really? And we all know what drink that slogan came from.... People need to discern between the snake oil salesman and the tried and true....

Now i know the new intra workout from JM, is supposed to be great and thats the thing it actually comes from someone with whom most on this site chat with on the daily.... So this id have to trust that HIS drink works great, because of the level of trust MOST have in him! We know he knows his stuff....

But the OP ISNT CALLING OUT JM....

What i think the OP is correct about is that not everyone NEEDS half the crap they think they need, i mean my gawd does someone really need to take 1 gram of gear per week? No but they choose to do that much instead of working out harder on a smaller amount etc etc....

I hope u guys get my point?

The OP is saying what a ton of people have been saying for years: People dont really NEED half the crap they put their money into....

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

LOL at everyone jumping your ass cause you don't agree with "intra workout drinks". i sometimes wonder how guys like leverone, wheeler, priest, cutler, ronnie, dorian, labrada, paris, haney, gaspari, and a list way too numerous to list built half the physique they did with out the latest intra workout drink.

im not saying that i disagree with intra shakes, they have their purpose, but you guys sometimes act like someone can't build a world shattering physique without them..LMFAO... GEESH! haney, dorian, and ronnie did just fine without the newest fast digesting carb drink and fastest digesting protein ever invented along with the greatest BCAA/ EAA concoction on the planet.

no need to bust this guys balls cause he doesn't agree with the village people of PM. (GOD forbid). Its ok guys stick with what you do and believe in and build the best physique your genetics will allow you and let others do the same.

Man i sent mine a min late hahaha

IM WITH U B-BOY!

DEWD HOW CAN THERE BE SUCH A HANGIN CAUSE HALF OF THE PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY R IMPORTANT ON A WEBSITE ARE NOT BEING FOLLOWED LIKE CHRIST???

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

I use 1 vit b complex,1 l-arginine,1 cup of coffee

well I guess some people get what I'm saying some don't it's ok, I don't feel the need to call anyone a moron who chooses to think otherwise. Others seem personally offended, maybe didn't read the whole thread or misconstrued some things or turn this into an attack on other very knowledgable board members. And although I give a link to my pic as somehow that's supposed to lend me credibility some of the older guys like myself will remember the amazing physique of Dan Duchaine, why would anyone listen to a guy that looked like that, lol. it's all good

Think for yourself, experiment but make your own decisions based on what works best for you. Lots of people following blindly.

I don't think it's your opinion that's garnering the reaction, it's the perceived attitude toward those of us that find value int intra-workout nutrition.

I DO think for myself. I DID experiment and I FOUND that intra-workout nutrition makes a BIG difference for me with regard to soreness, recovery and overall progress.

I think that would be the opposite for blindly following, but your posts come off as an attack on the intelligence of those utilizing such a protocol without stopping to ask if we all are, in fact, blindly following.

Of course Ronnie, Jay, etc didn't need it to progress.

If Ronnie ate a plate of chicken and KC Masterpiece while sitting in front of a DB rack, he gained 3 lbs of lean mass.

For those of us with shit genetics, the "next best thing" sometimes has value.

I mean, maybe I'm wrong and this "next best thing" is all bullcrap and just marketing. I know what I should do! I'll call everyone on their rotary landline phones and ask what they think.

No, I won't.

Because the "next best thing" is in my pocket and sometimes, just SOMETIMES the "next best thing" is science making progress.

Brad, I think it's more the condescending attitude he has towards the people that choose to use it. I know for certain how the guys you listed attained their physiques without the latest and greatest intra workout drink.... top shelf genetics, gear, hard work and tons of food. Take out the genetics and they aren't who they are.

The intra shakes do have their place, agreed. Not taking it is 100% fine, just like the choice to take it is. However, to start a thread to basically bash guys who take it is ridiculous. If you don't take it, why the need to create a thread to say you drink water during and coffee before? All that is, is a passive aggressive way to bash people that do take it. I'm taking John's intra shake and have gotten better recovery since taking it. I can go in, bust my butt, and feel like I can do it all over again the next day. I don't run crazy stupid doses, slin etc, but I feel like my recovery has improved a lot since taking this as opposed to Gatorade with EAAs. That's my experience in this. Is it the holy grail of bodybuilding, of course not. But like you said, they have their place.

I see this list of crap people now drink during a workout and it makes me laugh.

Uh huh, guys like John Meadows must be crazy...not. Do a little research pal. Or better yet, try it out before you go knocking it. You might be surprised with the results.

Last edited:
I drink breast milk intra-workout.....straight from a breast, all natural for me....

Heck yeah!!!! First 3 days after child birth the cholostrum is loaded with human growth hormone. Suck those titties, Rambo!!! :love:

grandstaff, I believe that I was very rude to you and I apologize.
I think I was reading between the lines which is not the right thing to do and I apologize.

cuz this particular topic doesnt interest you doesnt mean you should be an asshole about it.

Huh?

Clearly you aren't understanding my point. Do you see me post observational threads about what other people decide to do in the gym? Fuck no..lol I could give two shits if you drink dirty dishwater, or your own piss intra workout. If you like the taste, and feel it is working, go for it. Why the fuck would I care what YOU do? lol

Why would someone care what people who aren't asking their opinion, or advice are doing? You know how much dumb shit I see everyday? If I gave a shit about any of it, I would spend 90% of my day whining about it on here.lol

These forums are about sharing of information, and intelligent discussion. When someone specifically asks a question, sure they are looking for what people do in similar situations, but that isn't what is going on here.

Maybe this thread would have been purposeful, and somewhat informational if it was phrased in a way not meant to be inflammatory. "Do you use an intra drink/supplements?" And then proceeded to explain his position, and why he doesn't feel one benefits him, etc.

"I don't drink an intra shake.. Let me create a thread and tell people, who didn't ask my opinion, I don't drink an intra shake, and passive aggressively, insinuate everyone that does is a moron" Makes sense.

If you can't see how this thread, and it's original intention is kind of pointless, than I don't know what to tell ya.

Exactly. I love experimenting and enjoy using intra shakes and feel they add a lot of value. But lets use some common sense... guys for years have built incredible physiques using none of this stuff. I like them more than anyone but some guys get so defensive.

A simple black coffee pre workout should be more than enough. Some of these pre workouts can lead to more bother than good if guys don't take necessary breaks (in regards to stimulants). I also think there is little difference between the very expensive and cheap carb sources. Everyone is different but usually if drank slowly everyone should be fine with one of the cheap powders (dextrose for example).

The OP is spot on and good thread... pics made me laugh. Plus I say this after just having 30G EAA's and 75g HBCD's intra training :D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws