over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

pic of my current intra-workout drink

im not saying that i disagree with intra shakes, they have their purpose, but you guys sometimes act like someone can't build a world shattering physique without them..LMFAO... GEESH! haney, dorian, and ronnie did just fine without the newest fast digesting carb drink and fastest digesting protein ever invented along with the greatest BCAA/ EAA concoction on the planet.

:yeahthat:

Amen... thanks Brad.

I also think there is little difference between the very expensive and cheap carb sources. Everyone is different but usually if drank slowly everyone should be fine with one of the cheap powders (dextrose for example).

That's the point!

Intraworkout nutrition sure has its use, especially if:

1/ your last meal before training goes back several hours or was pretty "light";

2/ you're using slin preworkout.

But guys, c'mon... as long as you're having a moderate/high carbs beverage along with some aminos, you'll be fine... who can HONESTLY assert the latest trendy intra formula with a ridiculous list of exotic ingredients will actually equal more muscle than a regular Coke with EAA'S? I mean... for real? :eek::cool:

Attachments

• Coca Cola.jpg
    Coca Cola.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 326
:yeahthat:

Amen... thanks Brad.

That's the point!

Intraworkout nutrition sure has its use, especially if:

1/ your last meal before training goes back several hours or was pretty "light";

2/ you're using slin preworkout.

But guys, c'mon... as long as you're having a moderate/high carbs beverage along with some aminos, you'll be fine... who can HONESTLY assert the latest trendy intra formula with a ridiculous list of exotic ingredients will actually equal more muscle than a regular Coke with EAA'S? I mean... for real? :eek::cool:

I've always belived whey and dextrose will get the job done. Any cheap carb will do. If i did pre workout slin again this is what idd do. If money was unlimited I might get some pepto pro and hbcd or what ever there called but it's a lot of money for a carb that when it comes down to it will just bloat you a littler less then dextrose.

After working 10-12 hours I'm tired and I'm not a fan of coffee. A little preworkout and maenga da get me going again. As for intra workout if I get hungry which is usually a lot I bring a blended mix of oatmeal and whey that I make at home. I don't know if it helps my recovery or size but it sure fends off the hunger. My workouts usually last a couple hours.

15 years ago it was the 20 min "window of opportunity" and powders/shakes marketed to capitalise on that crucial period of time.
Then came the preworkout boom.
Now it's intraworkouts.

I'm sure theres a benefit, greater minds and physiques than mine are backing them, so who is am I to disagree!

But I tend to think that if adaptations to stress throughout our evolution were so critically dependent on timing of nutrients, we'd be fkd. For myself as long as it's not been too long since my last meal, and a lil top up of fast acting carbs prior, I figure there's enough nutrients being digested and released into my blood steam to fuel me and get thru.
I can't see a how a few extra nutrients drank while training helping speed the multiday recovery and adaptation process following.
But im not near at an elite level, so guess at that level adequate is not as good as optimal, at my level I'd prefer a couple of meals out a month to a tub of powder :)

I'd say there is a lot of things we do that aren't necessarily quantifiable. We have ideals and principles we believe in, but much is anecdotal.

I think a lot comes down to personal preference, and personal value. Someone on a tight budget might have to cut out things that they feel aren't worth it. Where as someone with more disposable income might be willing to spend more on things that "might" work or principles that look good on paper.

For example. Pharmacy grade gh. Some people swear up and down its far better than good generic gh. Both can show similar igf, and serum levels yet these people with enough money feel it's worth the price over these good generics. Is it? Are the results worth 5-6x the price? Only the person footing the bill can decide that. To those people it's worth it, while others might scoff it's a waste of money.

I'd venture to say if money was of no object we'd all be running pharmacy grade gh, hbcd, pepto pro, grass-fed beef, and many different things that might not seem "worth it" in our current situations.

I'd say there is a lot of things we do that aren't necessarily quantifiable. We have ideals and principles we believe in, but much is anecdotal.

I think a lot comes down to personal preference, and personal value. Someone on a tight budget might have to cut out things that they feel aren't worth it. Where as someone with more disposable income might be willing to spend more on things that "might" work or principles that look good on paper.

For example. Pharmacy grade gh. Some people swear up and down its far better than good generic gh. Both can show similar igf, and serum levels yet these people with enough money feel it's worth the price over these good generics. Is it? Are the results worth 5-6x the price? Only the person footing the bill can decide that. To those people it's worth it, while others might scoff it's a waste of money.

I'd venture to say if money was of no object we'd all be running pharmacy grade gh, hbcd, pepto pro, grass-fed beef, and many different things that might not seem "worth it" in our current situations.

Ive always told my wife if money allowed id have 1 bedroom stack floor to ceiling in pharm gh and what ever else i wanted to take!!

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

most of the guys drinking intra workout drinks are not busting their ass hard enough or long enough for that shit to get in there system and do anything at all, that can`t be done with a post workout meal/drink. Intra drinks are a supplement industry ploy to sell more products. It`s real EASY to drink some orange colored crap and think your getting SWOLE, much easier than eating never ending protein and hitting it hard. Really, how fast do you think that stuff is hitting your system/muscles? Gatorade is just great marketing.

Just to see if I got this right...

we are making fun of people talking about intra-workouts, on a bodybuilding forum, which is a sport that literally has a hand full of topics to pick and choose from? :confused:

most of the guys drinking intra workout drinks are not busting their ass hard enough or long enough for that shit to get in there system and do anything at all, that can`t be done with a post workout meal/drink. Intra drinks are a supplement industry ploy to sell more products. It`s real EASY to drink some orange colored crap and think your getting SWOLE, much easier than eating never ending protein and hitting it hard. Really, how fast do you think that stuff is hitting your system/muscles? Gatorade is just great marketing.

idk but feel free to ask around from someone for one of john's or shelby's workouts and after a few weeks times add in an intra-workout and you tell me. Trust me, if you are busting you ass they do make a difference. And I'm talking about straight BCAA alone by itself.

Maybe you should show us your progress with your simple ways. And how much you continue to change year by year?

Hey knight; I can show you my progress without the need to jump on the intra workout bandwagon.. pm me.

Food; juice and heavy weights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im sure ill get on some more complex intra drinks this year and try them out, but the few pros i learned from down here always just drank water or maybe gatorade w plain BCAAs and creatine... i havent been using creatine but will be adding it this year along w luecine to my BCAAs intra...

post workout i still like my 80g carb Fanta soda and whey shake lol

I workout within 45 minutes of waking up and do bust my ass.
I don't do well with food in my stomach prior and feel that the sooner I get nutrients in my system the better. So I use an intra and start getting them in when I start my workout.

I do feel it gives me more energy throughout the workout and I feel less drained in the hours immediately after.
Whether it gives me an ounce of extra or muscle or not I don't care. I do care that I feel better recovered so I can go about my real life activities.

I do feel it gives me more energy throughout the workout and I feel less drained in the hours immediately after.

I can also feel the difference towards the end when doing longer workouts and especially in the morning but I've only used dextrose + EAA or cell-tech. They both work equally well and I digest them well so I don't see the point in using anything more fancy. Also I don't believe that intra-EAAs give any noticeable muscle gains but I just use them for the taste.

I can also feel the difference towards the end when doing longer workouts and especially in the morning but I've only used dextrose + EAA or cell-tech. They both work equally well and I digest them well so I don't see the point in using anything more fancy. Also I don't believe that intra-EAAs give any noticeable muscle gains but I just use them for the taste.
So you don't believe in protein synthesis or harnessing the power of insulin? Lol..

what about learning how to make progress both ways....

in order to make continual progress we need a lot of options, things to bring in and take out of our lives.

I have made great progress with intra workout and have made great progress without it.

intra workout sure can have its place but doing whole foods can also have its place. when youre flush and have the extra money to put towards it great, when you don't, don't freak out the world isn't over, you can make great progress on a budget too!

Dextrose and malto both upset my stomach during the workout...
So did CarbonX.

Glycofuse and the straight HBCD's from TN don't.
Glycofuse is almost impossible to find right now.

I'm not rich by any means but I've placed myself in a position where I'm comfortable enough to spend a couple of bucks four times a week on an intra.

I do slin and I'll eat pre workout and take slin and i havent had any probs. Yet but it's me .

Dextrose and malto both upset my stomach during the workout...
So did CarbonX.

Glycofuse and the straight HBCD's from TN don't.
Glycofuse is almost impossible to find right now.

I'm not rich by any means but I've placed myself in a position where I'm comfortable enough to spend a couple of bucks four times a week on an intra.

Try dilluting dextrose (gatorade) in a lot of water if that's your only option a times. That should solve the upset stomach issues. It lowers the osmality (a poor man's cyclic dextrins). That said, you can only get so many carbs in from gatorade no matter how much water you get down, and if your training is intense/high volume and you're still noticeably sore at 50g from gatorade, intra-MD or similar (as you noted) may be the only option for you.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear