article-0-1AA7ECE4000005DC-30_968x646.jpg

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
man and i gripe about my gym because it doesnt have good AC or hammer strength machines.....

I've trained there a few times, definitely an interesting experience.

Lumpini Park is huge, like Central Park in NY. Tons of stuff going on all the time, people doing Tai Chi in huge groups in the morning, lots of joggers, etc.

man and i gripe about my gym because it doesnt have good AC or hammer strength machines.....

At least your gym runs the A/C. The 24 hour I go to is cheap as fuck and they don't run the A/C unless someone bitches about it being too hot. :mad:

And I bet it's hot as hell there too. Damn.

Oh believe me it is. I've been to Thailand, Korea, Japan and Taiwan. Those countries all get very hot and humid in the summer after monsoon season is over. 80's and up to 95% humidity which makes it feel like it's 130 degrees. I remember having to shower at least 2x a day and had to change my shirt at least 3x a day. I've only been to the indoor gyms over there. Very commercial like the ones here. I have yet to workout at these crazy outdoor gyms but would love the opportunity some day when I go back. :D

Last edited:
THE PIC OF THE SQUAT RACK IS BAD ASS

I think the label of "hardcore" is a little misplaced. Those gyms/places are called broke ass, dirt poor. That is all they can afford to make. Training outside in 90 degree heat/humidity is not even safe, its just plain stupid, NOT hardcore.

Those pics of the field of benches are almost creepy.....like a gym junkyard

I think the label of "hardcore" is a little misplaced. Those gyms/places are called broke ass, dirt poor. That is all they can afford to make. Training outside in 90 degree heat/humidity is not even safe, its just plain stupid, NOT hardcore.

really now....As someone that trained at metroflex for well over a year, you, are 100% wrong. And I never saw anyone collapse while I was there either. Let me educate you if you're not familiar. It typically gets up to 110 in the summer in Texas, and there is ZERO air conditioning, and it's usually a bit hotter in the gym then it is outside.

These people are poor yet find a way to make it work. They have to train in the heat because there is no other way. This isn't hardcore? You wouldn't last an hour there. These guys would train circles around a pussy like you!

These people are poor yet find a way to make it work. They have to train in the heat because there is no other way. This isn't hardcore? You wouldn't last an hour there. These guys would train circles around a pussy like you!

What's funny (kind of) is that a couple blocks away is one of the fanciest gyms I've ever been in, and one of the coldest too. It's in a high rise (Bangkok is like New York) and they keep the AC in the gym at like 50f.
A daily pass there is about $25 and the locker room is real high end with nice towels, hair dryers, shampoo and condition, hand lotion, q-tips, etc.

What's funny (kind of) is that a couple blocks away is one of the fanciest gyms I've ever been in, and one of the coldest too. It's in a high rise (Bangkok is like New York) and they keep the AC in the gym at like 50f.
A daily pass there is about $25 and the locker room is real high end with nice towels, hair dryers, shampoo and condition, hand lotion, q-tips, etc.

Like two different worlds right? I'd prefer to train in the poor area there's just something about the people that have to work hard to just to survive that inspires me.

I'll try not to complain about my gym! LOL!! It shows great ingenuity and a true willingness to lift!!

In the first set of pic's (the 5th picture from the bottom), the guy on incline bench and the left side of the barbell is buried in the dirt...Man, I remember getting stuck like that working out at home several decades ago!!

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner