over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

pics from last show

russmeister

Registered
hey fellas, here are a couple of pics from my last show. unfortunately i only placed 6th out of 12 competitors in the heavy weight. the judges informed me it was mostly because of the lack of tightness in my lower back area. which as you can see in the rear lat spread shot would make sense. anyway it was good experience for the next show next year!!

Attachments

• front lat2-smaller.jpg
    front lat2-smaller.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 981
  • frontab-thigh-smaller.jpg
    frontab-thigh-smaller.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 781
  • rear lat-smaller.jpg
    rear lat-smaller.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 660
lookin' great bro............

wow, the thing that sticks out to me the most was your calves. whatever you've done for them has really worked for you.

Great Job!

What are your stats at this contest?

flexmaster said:
wow, the thing that sticks out to me the most was your calves. whatever you've done for them has really worked for you.

i must agree your best and most visible body part is your calves , those look genetically blessed i bet you didnt have to train as hard as most of us , nice job man looking good .

Looks good...

You look like you were in pretty good shape. I think the only thing you need to do is put more quality muscle size on. It appears you do have very long limbs as I asked in the earlier question you had on shoulder exersizes. You look pretty tall in these photos whats your height???? Also what weight were you???? All in all looking good. Like everyone else said killer calves.

im 6'2"

and weighed in at 239 lbs. for this show. each show i've done i have gotten progressively bigger. my very first show i was 201 :eek: the next show i'm planning on competing at around 255lbs. the calves were actually a genetic gift
as vander said! also my abs! i only did probably 12 sets of abs for the whole time i dieted down for the show. and the only calf work came from indirect traing from the rest of my leg work.
but thanks for the good comments. i'm totally excited to get bigger and tighter for the next shows!!!

Were you a super-heavy? It seems to me that you still needed to lose another 15-20lbs. If I were you, I'd try not to worry about the size game and try and get really really lean for the next show. Keep up the good/hard work.

yeah

i would definitely agree that i could have used a few extra pounds taken off my body.the off season is the killer for me. i get a little too far out of shape and that makes it super tough for me to come in as hard as i need to. this time around though i am keeping my diet cleaner in the off-season and adding two days of light cardio also i'm going to add three weeks to the contest prep phase of the training for the next show.
i'm also switching my traing around a bit to prioritize some of my weaker body parts, like my calves j/k,lol. anyway i do need better delts,hams and an even wider back for my frame also a bit bigger arms to match.

Like I said...

Just need more muscle. At 6'2'' its going to take a little longer than a guy 5'7'' or 5'10'' . Thats pretty tall for a BB. It can be done. It just takes a little longer thats all. How long have you been training???? I also think you have the right idea on starting your diet further out. I think your glutes need to be dialed in before your next comp. So maybe another 10-15lbs including water depletion. Did you use diuretics?? Did you compete at the Central States???? I was there . That guy who took second in the heavys should have won the whole show. He was thick as hell. His calves were a little small but man he looked like national competitor. He was in shape, I wouldnt say peeled but he was in good shape. I sometimes wonder what those judges are judging on. Keep on pounding the food and weights. Keep up the good work. Later.

hey zephyr!

ya, it was the central states. i was in heavy weight also. the guy who took second is my brother in law. he has competed in the junior nationals and also the usa's. i think he needed to do this show to stay qulified to do the natioanal level shows. yeah he's pretty big!
as for me i've been training for about 12-13 years but with bodybuilding in mind for only about 4 years. i've put weight on every year since i've been working on doing shows. i also did the centrals last year and took second in heavy weight. so next year i'm planning on doing the junior nationals. but i'm going to have the diet in order a little better in the off-season and get some more GOOD lean mass on my body!!

also

i didn't use diuretics this year, i was kind of trying some things with my water and carb intake to see how they worked. i wanted to leave the diuretics out so i could get a good gauge on how my ideas worked together.

I just wanted to compliment you on your eye for seeing your own strength/weaknesses. Alot of guys can do this on other people, but when it comes to evaluating themselves, they are in left field. You seem like a very humble fella who takes criticism in a very constructive and positive way. It's because of these traits that I have a feeling you are going to do very well in the future for many years to come.

well

i'll be honest, the night of the show when i placed sixth. i wasn't real happy, lol!!
but i turned the crummy thoughts around, and it actually gave me a strong fire to grow and learn more and refine my diet and training to just get better. you're right its not always easy to take constructive criticism but if i want to get better than i have to use all the input i can, and just realize that all the input i get from people will help me in the long run!!
and thanks for the helpful words from everybody!! they will really help!!
russ

Russ i didn't know you were a michigander. I know a couple of guys that did the central states this past year. Many said that they didn't particularly care for the judges or atleast the way they went about the criteria. Keep up the good work

yeah

there was more than a few people i talked to that were a little confused by the placings. some of the placings were prety good and others were like what the heck?!
it can sure be confusing.

I concur....

Id have to say some of those damn Michigan judges are horrible. I just dont get it. My buddy used to compete in Indiana and Ohio. He said he would place 6th at a show in MI, then a week later win a overall in Ohio. I think if your from the Detroit area they look out for there boys. Hey as long as you brought your best package to the show forget the placings. I think you should definately be in the superheavys seeing your 6'2''. Im sure youll get there just cont to progress and stay healthy and injury free. Heck the gains you stated from show to show are impressive. Keep doing what your doing because obviously its working for you. Later.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws