over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pics from my first show

ironman5151

Registered
**broken link removed**

My first show. Everyone said i should have won. The dude that won was 38 years old and look like junk. His shoulders where a little better than mine but that was about it. He had no lats, legs, or arms. I would be ashamed if I was 38 and looked like him...oh well, i'm back n the gym hard in heavy. Its 4 days later and I'm up 16 pounds. Man it feels good to eat. Fixing to start back with DC training for off season to put on some mass.

oh yeah, my weak points are my legs. Plan to squat heavy all winter to bring them up. Bought me some chains today to help my squat and explosion. I'm sure by next year they will be ready for show. Plan on getting to around 240 pounds this off season. Next show will be around june of next year. Just to let everyone know, the experience of being in a body building show was awesome. I highly recommend everyone competing if you never have. It kicks ass.

I got a picture of me and the dude that won standing beside each other if anyone cares to see. Figure no one cared to see, so I was to lazy to scan it. Hope everyone likes.

Last edited:
**broken link removed**

My first show. Everyone said i should have won. The dude that won was 38 years old and look like junk. His shoulders where a little better than mine but that was about it. He had no lats, legs, or arms. I would be ashamed if I was 38 and looked like him...oh well, i'm back n the gym hard in heavy. Its 4 days later and I'm up 16 pounds. Man it feels good to eat. Fixing to start back with DC training for off season to put on some mass.

oh yeah, my weak points are my legs. Plan to squat heavy all winter to bring them up. I'm sure by next year they will be ready for show. Plan on getting to around 240 pounds his off season. Next show will be around june of next year. Just to let everyone know, the experience of being in a body building show was awesome. I highly recommend everyone competing if you never have. It kicks ass.

I got a picture of me and the dude that won standing beside each other if anyone cares to see. Figure no one cared to see, so I was to lazy to scan it. Hope everyone likes.
Well from myour pics you look pretty good. But since the guy that won "looked like junk" your words, it is hard to tell snce you did not put up a pic. Unless the show was fixed, the judges were blind or something there must have been a reason he placed higher than you. But without the comparison pic how can we tell. But since this was your first comp I'd say you did a good job getting where you were. Second is not that bad! In fact for your very first show that's good. Put up the pic of the two of you and let us be the judge. We will tell you straight no bullshit. But congratulations on your success. Yes it was a success! Good job!

Good Job Bro

**broken link removed**

oh yeah, my weak points are my legs. Plan to squat heavy all winter to bring them up. Bought me some chains today to help my squat and explosion. I'm sure by next year they will be ready for show. Plan on getting to around 240 pounds this off season. Next show will be around june of next year. Just to let everyone know, the experience of being in a body building show was awesome. I highly recommend everyone competing if you never have. It kicks ass.

Congrats! But I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that anyone who reads this thread would care to see you and the dude who one side by side.

**broken link removed**

Thats me in the middle. The dude who won is to the right of me. Bad picture for someone to try to tell if I was cheated out of the win. You can see my shape was better than his from the picture. The guy has been the manager of the gym who was putting on the show for the last 20 years......No excuses, i take second. We want stand a chance next year hahahah

I'll try to get some better pictures of us standing beside each other in the next few days.

Congrats! But I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that anyone who reads this thread would care to see you and the dude who one side by side.

The guy that just posted before you wanted to see. So guess you was wrong, climb back off the limb.

**broken link removed**

Thats me in the middle. The dude who won is to the right of me. Bad picture for someone to try to tell if I was cheated out of the win. You can see my shape was better than his from the picture. The guy has been the manager of the gym who was putting on the show for the last 20 years......No excuses, i take second. We want stand a chance next year hahahah

I'll try to get some better pictures of us standing beside each other in the next few days.
IM5151, It is hard to tell from that pic, but from that pic alone I'd say you had better shape. Some better pics would be good. I have been in this for a long time and come second and third when I thought I should have done better. I can honestly say in the shows this occurred it was a real dog fight right down to the posedown. The better men won, simple. I have only been on the receiveing end of what I and many others called a BAD JUDGING DECISION. that I came second in. You take it on the chin and move on. I have never accused my fellow competitors of Looking like junk. I may be inclined to say that the decision in your case may not have been correct. Not the other guys fault, the judges' fault. See where I'm coming from? I am not busting your balls here, not at all. Just keeping things in perspective. Anyone that has the balls to get on stage and show it all off to a crowd and stand there and be criticised by others deserves some respect. It takes a lot of courage to get up there. You have done very well and you just need to to get on with your improvements. You look very good in your photos, nothing to be too critical of. Just work on your weaknesses and let your physique do the talking brother!!

The guy that just posted before you wanted to see. So guess you was wrong, climb back off the limb.

Thats pretty rude. I didn't see anything harsh by his comment......most people would agree with what he said/asked.

OK, to be honest you need to be a lot leaner and like you stated your legs need to come up. Keep bring up all bodyparts, especially legs and bring in a leaner package next time. In this sport its hard not to get pissed when you dont get the placing you want, but unfortunately thats the game we play.

Keep working hard and most of all bring an improved package to each show.....thats all we/anyone can do.

Congrats on a good showing. Nice V-taper!!

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

hmmm

Was a rude, and wrong.....he said they WOULD like to see, not they WOULDN"T like to see....hence they want to see the pics.

Take the limb and beat yourself over the head with it..

well from the pic of the both of you, its hard to tell b/c its so blurry. but the both of you seem to be on the 'smooth' side. again, cant tell from the pic who was in better condition, from the alone pic, it does seem to me like you could have come in better condition. of course you want to always come in bigger than your last show, but next year, focus on bringing it in a little tighter in addition to bringing up the legs. congrats on the 2nd placing, still nothing to be ashamed about.

Curious, what show was this? What weight class were you in? Was this Novice/Open?

Str8jacked: Didn't mean to be rude bro. Sorry about the short statment. Thanks for the compliment.

oldfella:

When I said the word 'junk', it was a figure of speech. I didn't really know people would critique what I said. I just posted the pictures for everyone to see how I looked. No one at the show looked like junk. The judge probably had seen something in the guy who won that I didn't have. There judges for a reason. I just thought there were others that might should have won other than the guy that did. I'm no judge, I'm just a compeitor. It was the biggest novice class they have had in the past 25 years of the show. Everyone looked great. I am happy with second, and I'm training harder than ever. I'm going to bring the best of the best of my physique next year. Now I know what to work on, so now its time to get to work. Thanks for the compliments.

mainevent:

Thanks for the compliments. Sorry the rude compliment. Maybe I shouldn't have put it the way I wrote it. My fault.

For my weak body parts, I totally agree with what you say. The judges said the reason I didn't win was because I was holding too much water. So next year, I'll just be harder.

luckyone: Thanks for the compliment.

blkbeard: I beat myself in the head, I apologized.

bigbadasian: Thanks for compliment. I totally agree, I need to be harder. I'm happy with second, just always like to win no matter what it is. Its human nature.

hotttsauce: It was the "Heart of Dixie". It was a national qualifer show. I competed in the Novice class, which was an open weight class.

Last edited:
Just thankful to be apart of this board. There are a lot of very brilliant people on here. I've learned a lot from the forums, and glad to be a part of them. Glad to have all the help that I have recieved from everyone.

btw, sorry for posting in the wrong forum section. Thanks for moving.

I feel that the judges done an outstanding job judging everyone. It was a real tough class. They complimented everyone on how well everyone look. Next time, I 'll have to post my pictures on here and let the judges critquie the way I look during dieting.

Last edited:

from the pic you posted...his legs look leaner at the top and you can clearly see his traps and triceps "pop" more than yours. he has muscle maturity that takes time. bbing is a judged sport. the best body doesnt always win. its about what the judges like and the look they find appealing.
anyways....lookin great man, 2nd is nuthin to sneeze at.:)
keep it up and try not to get too heavy in the offseason. thats the reason why so many people have a hard time geting hard.
ive learned the hard way.
lucian

Looking awesome

you look awesome for a first show, conditioning is something that takes practice and takes years to develop, and an iron mindset and goals. It's a learning experience, that said you look great for a first show. The mental aspect is perhaps more important then anything. I never plan on competing but every few months i set a goal, a set of numbers i want to reach in my head, I just see myself there and i almost always meet or exceed it, and baring risking my life or health i listen to my body and do what ever it tells me to get there, its just practice to take my body to a more efficent level the following year. You have an incredible physique as it is but, even though i don't compete i know, when you really get your conditioning down to tooth and nail you will be hard to beat, If it wasnt for the drastic size advantage lee haney had rich gaspari, would have one the olympia multiple times, due to his sick conditioning

Good luck and hope to see a trophy in your hand in your next picture

Last edited:
elg123: Thanks for the compliment and encouragement to do better. Body building is a very time consuming sport, that takes years of practice. I had no clue what I was getting myself into when I begin body building, but I love it. The way you set goals and accomplish them is a great idea. At least your always making gains to having a better physique.

It's a great feeling to know you are working towards a goal, to make positive changes you can see and measure, it makes one a stronger person for it, as you learn all life's obstacle are conquerable with hard work and being consistent

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear