over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

[PICS] IFBB Pro Kris Dim - Road to recovery from heart problems update

soloartist56

Registered
Not sure how many of you know his situation but I have been following his status periodically to see how he is doing. I am a fan of his from years ago and remember looking at his pics in MD magazines. Most of these pics are recent ones from this past Nov up to an hour ago that he posted.

In 2007 IFBB Pro Kris Dim, 39, came face to face with death when he suffered a tear in the inner wall of his aorta. This potentially fatal incident caused massive blood flow between the layers of the wall of the aorta.

The aorta is the highest pressure spot in the body, so when there is a rupture, there is bound to be serious ramafications. Basically, when this rare occurrence happens, the person generally dies very quickly. Aortic dissection has a 80% mortality rate and more than half of the people die before they even get to the hospital. Kris Dim miraculously survived this medical emergency and even competed again after his recovery! Sadly, Kris’ medical troubles only began in 2007. Recently, Kris went back under the knife to repair a stent. When Kris came out of surgery, his doctors told him, “Sorry, you have a spinal cord injury, and there is a chance that you will never walk again.”

I had never heard of someone having heart surgery and coming out of it paralyzed, so I called the most knowledgable person I know on medicine, IFBB Pro Dr. Victor Prisk. Dr. Prisk actually informed me that this does happen, although it is extremely rare. The chances of being paralyzed after surgery occurs in 12 out of 100,000 patients. The Artery of Adamkiewicz is the largest anterior segmental medullary artery and that is the artery that is connected to the spine from the aorta. If the artery has a spasm during surgery, in this case when the stent was being replaced, a stroke of the spinal cord can take place. The stroke can then stop circulation in the spinal column, causing the loss of the use and feeling in the legs.

I asked Dr. Prisk for Dim’s chances of recovery and even Dr. Prisk had to look this one up. He told me in a sullen voice, “There is a .03% chance that Kris will walk again.” In a text message Kris said. “I 100% believe that I will be walking again. I have feeling back in my legs, and I can move my knees and toes.” If you look back on all the astounding statistics in this story and in Kris’ life, you’ll find that either Kris Dim has been extremely lucky or extremely unlucky, depending on how you look at it. So, if there is anyone that can beat the odds, it is Kris Dim!

12/11/13 Misery people focus on things they hate about their life. Happy people focus on things they love about their life. Always find the good of things no matter what you're going through because they will get better. I will walk, squats and legs press again. God bless

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. Don't blame on your parents, don't blame it on your past relationships, not your past jobs, and everything elses. You can do, be anything you want if you make a decision today to get what it is you really want. Just believe, have faith, take action, know and trust that the universe will give you whatever you really want. Make a decision today. God will bless you on the rest. I will walk , squats and legs press again.
Try to look for the goods in every situation in your life. There is always a positive sides for everything. Me being in a wheelchair right now is just a break time for me to slow down and look at life. I always went 100 miles per hours. Now I learn to be happy and enjoy life. I will walk, squats and legs press again. God bless
**broken link removed****broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

You cant help but admire a guy like that. Hes been through so much...

Damn, after all that he still looks great up top.

WOW... :eek: I didn't know Kris had been through so much... guess I don't read BB boards enough. The guy is a true fighter... DON'T GIVE UP. :)

I have him on Facebook and I love the motivational videos he posts on a regular basis. Its funny that I never see him pimping any supplements or products like most do. You guys should add him. He might be in a wheelchair but still looks damn good. Talked about things like being sexually molested when he was a kid etc and how he turned it around.

I don't know much about him. saw him a few times at Milos's gym back in the day. crazy arms. I always thought they looked oil filled tho.
I hope to god he has reduced mg's and is just trying to be healthy.
-JS

He look like he's still on juice and some HGH. U can tell.

Look at this arms. Very impressive. Huge and full.

respect

Looks like SEO use in his arms. Still, he's done extremely well.

I wish him luck.

Now that is a champion how many of us would be whining about this if we where going through the same thing?
I probably would,great video and my thoughts will be with him.

Follow him on instagram or facebook...really inspiring..and if you ever get a chance to see him, stop and talk to him ..you will be glad you did..

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws