over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

pics of my last competition

not a problem chris,

Here is an idea of what I normally eat preContest:

Meal 1:
12 egg whites
1 Cup of Oatmeal, Measure before cooking

Meal 2: 8 oz Chicken Breast (pre cooked)
6-8 oz baked Potato

Meal 3:
8-10 oz fish (Salmon or Halibut)

Meal 4:
Immediately after training
50 grams whey protein and Glutamine

Meal 5:
12 egg whites
1 cup of Oatmeal, Measure before cooking)

Meal 6:
8 oz Chicken Breat, flank or Sirloin Steak
2-4 oz baked potato

Meal 7:
8 -10 oz Chicken Breast, flank or sirloin steak
Veggies any amount desired.

I eliminate the post workout protein drink 8 weeks out. I will cut carbs according to what I look like, but will not eliminate them. Want something to play with.

Strako44

Bottom line on Cardio is that it is healthy to do because it helps mae the body more durable and fit. Moreover, cardio, when done correctly, can actually serve to buil and improve muscle mass!. Yes, I am serious. How? Cardio increases the peripheral circulation, which fuels your muscle pump. Important, if the circulation is poor, the pump is poor. Recovery is also circulation dependent. As lactic acid build up, the muscle becomes warm and stretched. After that, it becomes sore as an inflammatory process sets in to repair the damage. This process intimately depends on efficient circulation, as better circulation enhances your post exertion recovery. Just look at how vascular your body is after an intense cardio workout. People need to understand if cardio is done right, it burns fat, but not counterbalancing calories taken in, which is the fallacy of standard cardio approaches. Instead the principle works by stimulating the metabolism, thereby allowing your body to burn more fat throughout the day, even when you are not at the gym.
My cardio consist of interval training - I go hard: increase my speed on the treadmill for one minute (fast walk almost a a jog) and then drop to one minutes of walking at a slower rate. I do this 5 time a week.

Hope this helps.

Strako44

Good info. Glad to have you here bro.

Do you have some offseason pics - just like to see how you normally look in the offseason...Gotta be huge at 290ish

Yes sir .. I get big off season, but still see the outline of my abs . . I'll see if I can find some off season pics. . .

wow i'd love to see your offseason back shot if you get much bigger than your competition shots! daaaaaaaamn! :eek:

PS do you know the BPM you work with in your 'fast' section of your cardio intervals? Do you try to keep it at a certain level or do you just go by feel or what? I haven't checked my pulse much often but I checked during a fast cardio session the other day and it was 152...don't know if thats too much and would spike cortisol or something?

Last edited:
Yes sir .. I get big off season, but still see the outline of my abs . . I'll see if I can find some off season pics. . .

Very impressive. It's always so clear who has the dedication required for this sport and who doesn't. Abs should ALWAYS be reasonably visible for a serious bodybuilder IMHO.

How old are you?

Glad to have you... I see you have very little fat in your precontest diet. Offseason do you include more healthy fats? Great physique brother, very impressive.

Once again I want to thank everyone for the kind words. I truly agree, off seasons does not mean looking like a beached whale. It is of important that added calories be induced. gradually till you reach the appropriate TDEE/BMR. As to the speed, I will be quite honest. I would imagine I get it up to 130bpm. but keep it 1 minute intervals. I have noticed using this system has helped me increase my mental focus and my lifts are much better.

Over 35

aprrox. 45 minutes.

Strako - what year were you 3rd at Nationals in the SHWs?

Hey brother welcome to PM.. looking sick in the pics. Look foward to hearing about your progress getting back up in weight.

Welcome and thanks for sharing, big man. You have a very impressive physique. Also, thanks for all the info on your training - very insightful. Keep up the good work and good luck.

i guess he dont like you shelby:D

too bad

Well the SHW class has existed since 1998, and the pics he posted don't look like any of the guys that have placed 3rd at Nationals in the 10 years since then... unless I'm missing something.
:confused:

Well, I think that he didn't answer and say what year, because he want's to conceal his identity.:s;ar-wars

Last edited:
Well, I think that he didn't answer and say what year, because he want's to conceal his identity.:s;ar-wars

Well there are only 9 people that can honestly claim they placed 3rd as a SHW at Nationals (assuming we're talking about the NPC Nationals):

1998: Stokely Palmer
1999: Rico McClinton
2000: Edward Moyzan
2001: Stokely Palmer
2002: Mat Duvall
2003: Erik Fromm
2004: Marcus Haley
2005: Rudy Richards
2006: Stokely Palmer
2007: Stephen Frazier
2008: Stephen Kuclo

and the guy in the pics he posted are none of the above...

So I'm just trying to get some clarification.

He seems like a great guy, eager to contribute, but I just want to make sure we're all on the same page.

Quite simple look again at the 2006 and look at sixth place . . Now, those who know Peter Potter (I will get to that later), that year their was some controversy and after placing top three in the morning, because it was my first national show, I was told that I needed to show more commitment as others had done and that would catapult me to the top three after a couple of tries. Anyone, who has ever competed at this level, will tell you that the politics go beyond who is in better shape, but those that have shown year after year a commitment to the sport. As to Peter Potter who was there for this show, who I know personally told me that I had placed third in the pre-judging and was moved down because it was my first showing. Now, for those who have gone to nationals, know well that just to make the night cut you have to be in the best shape. look at my pics and examine 5th, 4th, and you will see that I was in better shape. I will always contend that I placed third as that was what the score was showing. Now, I respect your quest for an answer, but, I would also like to ask have you ever gone to nationals as a competitor?

Quite simple look again at the 2006 and look at sixth place . . Now, those who know Peter Potter (I will get to that later), that year their was some controversy and after placing top three in the morning, because it was my first national show, I was told that I needed to show more commitment as others had done and that would catapult me to the top three after a couple of tries. Anyone, who has ever competed at this level, will tell you that the politics go beyond who is in better shape, but those that have shown year after year a commitment to the sport. As to Peter Potter who was there for this show, who I know personally told me that I had placed third in the pre-judging and was moved down because it was my first showing. Now, for those who have gone to nationals, know well that just to make the night cut you have to be in the best shape. look at my pics and examine 5th, 4th, and you will see that I was in better shape. I will always contend that I placed third as that was what the score was showing. Now, I respect your quest for an answer, but, I would also like to ask have you ever gone to nationals as a competitor?

All my placings are listed here:
Starnes, Shelby

I thought I should have been placed higher at all of them, but I'm not going to tell others that I placed higher than I really did.

Thank you for clarifying though.

And, the guy in the pics he posted . . . That guy sir would be me. Now, as I have said, I left a board that I was the admin for sometime. . I did not see eye to eye with the owner and decided to come here as I have heard only wonderful things about the members here. I since my induction here, I have only given my professional opinion to many who have PM'ed me about specific concerns and have answered all and have tried to be pro-active in my posting and as professional. I don't want to reveal the name I used on the other board as I feel a fresh start is always good. I hope to continue to help those who have chosen the "Iron World" as a sport. I would assume you also try your hardest to keep your anonymity for many reasons that we are very well aware of - Would you post any pics of yourself as I would enjoy that we can help each other with a keen eye on what we need to improve in our physics. Again, thank you and the other members of this board for the warm welcome.

Strako 44

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member