over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pinched nerve in neck

goheavy63

Registered
What did you guys do to speed up the recover process for pinched nerve in neck?

Im not sure what that means. Do you have a herniated cervical disk compressing one of your nerves? Degenerative changes? If so my advice would depend on how bad it is. Did you pull a muscle?

As for just general advice i would be to rest it. NOT stretch it and add my stress and inflammation to the picture. Use both heat and ice ( since im not sure what you are referring to when you say pinched nerve) and take NSAIDs like aleeve for a few days. But thats just general advice as the underlying cause is what is important. Many people who say they have "pinched nerve" actually have an underlying cervical disk issue that hasnt been diagnosed yet or they have so much degenerative change that its causing the compression.

Some athletes may get pulled neck muscles but I see many bodybuilder types get nerve issues from axial loading from things like heavy shrugs, deads, or bar placement on squats.

If you truly have some type of nerve impingement it doesn't just heal. "pinched" suggesting you have some type of structural compression on a nerve? that is truly debilitating.Have you been diagnosed with this? or a guess due to pain? hard to give you an answer not knowing exactly the nature of your injury.

I just received a site injection in my neck two days ago. It was a combination of lidocaine and something I've never heard of. My doctor tried a muscle relaxer and prednisone but it didn't help so I tried the injection

MRI should tell you what you need to know. May be as simple as some chiropractic work. Worst case is surgery. but better to know and get it handled than not

I just received a site injection in my neck two days ago. It was a combination of lidocaine and something I've never heard of. My doctor tried a muscle relaxer and prednisone but it didn't help so I tried the injection

Even if it feels good after the shot, it doesn't mean anything has changed other than the inflammation! If there's a structural issue, then it will still be there.

Take from a guy who just had a two level cervical fusion 2 months ago. I had neck pain for a good 12 years + and had shots, RFA, etc.

nerve pain

I get a pinched nerve mainly from sleeping wrong with my head twisted for a certain amount of time. I think that you may have to rough it out until it goes away.

I get a lot of these in my upper back/neck area. I am in pain now but not quite sure what it is. The pain is not severe but annoying and constant. I haven't been the gym all week as it has been bad. Feels like I have been stabbed in the back... it's effecting my right arm too. I think it starts in my lower trap and move up on my right size. I need to find a physio but they are so expensive over here so in a awkward position. Just been using ibuprofen and volterol cream and patches.

Trapezius Trigger Point Referral Patterns

I just found that page and it has some good info about trigger point therapy. I actually pressed on the trigger point that sounded like mine and felt a sharp pain. Interestingly the causes included typing on a comp with it being too high and a few other that are spot on for me. But this was mainly done in the gym. There was no exact moment but properly been over doing things on certain movements.

Goheavy that link should help you out with your neck problems too.

Last edited:
Try "yoga balls"...they are great for acupressure type of pain relief. Very good alternative for pain relief.

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

ive had pinched nerve in my neck/trap for a long time now. Went to the chiro today and he did x-rays. My spine is all messed up. Strait where it should be curved, the spacing and so much. Now i know why ive had pain and the last 2 weeks numbness in a few fingers and toes.

after the first adjustment the numbness is gone. Time to work on other problems

MRI should tell you what you need to know. May be as simple as some chiropractic work. Worst case is surgery. but better to know and get it handled than not
MRI for a pinched nerve....you must have money and time to waste....at least for a first option....MRI are still expensive with really really good insurance...Try yoga, massage, chiropractors or acupuncture first....The problem will be gone most likely.

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

ive had pinched nerve in my neck/trap for a long time now. Went to the chiro today and he did x-rays. My spine is all messed up. Strait where it should be curved, the spacing and so much. Now i know why ive had pain and the last 2 weeks numbness in a few fingers and toes.

after the first adjustment the numbness is gone. Time to work on other problems

many/most peoples posture gets shot and they end up with their neck out of whack. to much staring down ward looking at monitors, looking down at their phones etc.

Ice it and take anti-inflammatories.

This x 10 and try to limit your movement as much as possible! I feel for you, I recently pinched a nerve in my lower back for the 2nd time in 2 years and it sucked! Have you ever used Rock Tape? You might want to look into it for pain relief. Also, someone else mentioned massages, I'd go buy a package deal from Massage Envy and get them often.

Last edited:
Even if it feels good after the shot, it doesn't mean anything has changed other than the inflammation! If there's a structural issue, then it will still be there.

Take from a guy who just had a two level cervical fusion 2 months ago. I had neck pain for a good 12 years + and had shots, RFA, etc.

No doubt, I'm on 5th day after shot and pain is as bad now as it was when I took shot.

Mine was from years of back squatting with the bar a little too high on the traps. Try switching to front, safety or low bar squats if you are currently only doing high bar.

8 visit to chiropractor to realign neck then went and got deep tissue massage on neck and upper back feels great now

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear