over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pineapple as main carb source??

Or maybe not. I am an old dude so I guess I never worried about blood type.
Does it always have to be super complicated? Simplicity has lost its virtue.
I know I never figured eating to cause a calorie deficit.

To the OP yeah its mostly sugar but its NATURAL sugar from fruit not table sugar or something AND as long as its combined with proteins and fats each meal there will be no massive insulin spike. Phil, correct me if I'm wrong.

AWESOME

To the OP yeah its mostly sugar but its NATURAL sugar from fruit not table sugar or something AND as long as its combined with proteins and fats each meal there will be no massive insulin spike. Phil, correct me if I'm wrong.

NICE JOB......I AM TAKING NOTES! :)

Personally I love it my absolute fave fruit. Prob for me is it's so acidic...painful burps after. Still have it in moderation but can't do too much unfortunately.

I eat at least one a week love it

If i were gonna go all out and cheat i'd be happy eating all pineapple , though id be shittin like a goose

LMAO so had flashbacks of last trip taking the girl and kid to the park and goose droppings galore..

Yes friends in the old country pineapples have a lot medicinal uses , like I said before is used for weight loss, but even the peel is cooked and made into a jello for digestive system problems and other things, there might be something to all that, and everybody is right probably the best tasting of all fruits. Blessings . Minister.

it is very very good for digestion but most importantly nutrient absorption, do some research on it.

either way, too much of it and you will gain fat, do not forget it is very high in sugar, and that sugar is also mostly fructose.

The issue I see (if you're attempting to stay lean), is the fructose content. Fructose is digested and uti;ized in a totally different way than other carbs, and converts to bodyfat easily.

Not all of the sugar in it is fructose though. Also phil also asked me once, "what's wrong with fructose?" Remember phil :)

The issue I see (if you're attempting to stay lean), is the fructose content. Fructose is digested and uti;ized in a totally different way than other carbs, and converts to bodyfat easily.

I thought i remember hearing that fructose was actualy NOT converted to fat as easly as other processed sugars are?

Fruit sugar and cancer

Worth a read...specifically the comment from Joey "The Truth" Emont

Yes sir, I am a firm believer that a high fructose diet causes havoc in a person's system,I have read studies in which it shows corn syrup causing insulin resistance , cholesterol problems and many other symptoms. the problem is the stuff is in just about everything you eat, and yes I know we all should go organic, but try to pr0vide for a family with 5 children with organic food and you will find out that you have to be rich , just too expensive. God bless you. Minister.

Last edited:
I thought i remember hearing that fructose was actualy NOT converted to fat as easly as other processed sugars are?

There is no enzyme in our stomach to process fuctose, and must be redirected to the liver . It the liver , fructose is used to fill up liver glycogen. Note, fructose cannot be used to fill muscle glycogen, only liver. After liver glycogen is full, it is stored as fat.

But pineapple is low in fructose, having around 3-4 grams of fructose per 100 grams of fruit. Apple is high in fructose

Some things get easily confused....

It's understandable.... keep some things in mind....

1) fructose CAN BE converted to glucose in the liver
2) intake up to 50-100 grams of fructose is quite "acceptable"
3) There IS NOT A LOT of fructose in fruit as you would think... Nutrition facts, calories in food, labels, nutritional information and analysis – NutritionData.com (will give you the break down of the different sugars)

4) Don't confuse high-fructose corn syrup with fruit fructose (see this all the time here)

5) Phil's guys are only on fruits and vegies... they seem to do pretty well ;)

Last edited:
Thank you Myosin

It's understandable.... keep some things in mind....

1) fructose CAN BE converted to glucose in the liver
2) intake up to 50-100 grams of fructose is quite "acceptable"
3) There IS NOT A LOT of fructose in fruit as you would think... Nutrition facts, calories in food, labels, nutritional information and analysis – NutritionData.com (will give you the break down of the different sugars)

4) Don't confuse high-fructose corn syrup with fruit fructose (see this all the time here)

5) Phil's guys are only on fruits and vegies... they seem to do pretty well ;)

These guys act like fruit is = to a bag of fructose......this BS is getting tiresome and I for one am not going to explain it anymore.......so cudos to you!

Note: If your looking to take advantage of the natural enzyme bromelain in pineapple.. Then avoid canned pineapple.. Enzymes are denatured/destroyed by exposure to high temperatures. Canned pineapple is cooked as part of the canning process.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear