over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pineapple as main carb source??

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Im addicted to this shit , i could easly eat a pound at a time !! ,

i have been eating only 5 oz with my breakfast and post workout meals.
5 ounces has 21g carbs and 16 of that is sugar carbs so im sure its not somthing you want to eat to much off or later in the day.
BUT
one of the ladys that trains where i do told me that pineapple is actualy a negitive calorie food meaning that its fiber content is high enough to offset the calories it provides.? She seems to think that if you ate pineapple as your only carb source that you would lose a good deal of fat this way.
(Persoanly i can't see that happening with so much sugar it has to cause an insulin spike)

I had origionaly started eating it as a source of good digestive enzimes , along with green apples and papaya.

I have been getting about half of my carbs from fruit lately and was thinking about what to cut out as i go into my contest prep carb wise? or if to do so at all and just run 500mg Metformin with it 4x a day

Interesting to hear as negative cal food, I remember reading about the fruit angle in article about NFL Rey Allen in the off season. He does some ridiculous training sessions and his primary energy source he said was huge mix portions of various melons, like watermelon and honeydew etc. Between the melons, he stuck to fish as his meat/protein food source and other veggies but that was it, pretty plain and simple for such a beast of an athlete..

Well

Im addicted to this shit , i could easly eat a pound at a time !! ,

i have been eating only 5 oz with my breakfast and post workout meals.
5 ounces has 21g carbs and 16 of that is sugar carbs so im sure its not somthing you want to eat to much off or later in the day.
BUT
one of the ladys that trains where i do told me that pineapple is actualy a negitive calorie food meaning that its fiber content is high enough to offset the calories it provides.? She seems to think that if you ate pineapple as your only carb source that you would lose a good deal of fat this way.
(Persoanly i can't see that happening with so much sugar it has to cause an insulin spike)

I had origionaly started eating it as a source of good digestive enzimes , along with green apples and papaya.

I have been getting about half of my carbs from fruit lately and was thinking about what to cut out as i go into my contest prep carb wise? or if to do so at all and just run 500mg Metformin with it 4x a day

In bold...........total nonsense and total bullshit.

Pineapple is also great if you are blood type A........fruits rule.....in
m combinations of course......

x2

I personally love pineapple. I have a mix of carbs but pineapple probably accounts for 50% of my fruit in the day.

Well

Pineapple is also great if you are blood type A........fruits rule.....in
m combinations of course......

My blood type is B-pos... and I love pineapple. It's my favorite fruit...
So how is pineapple for people wblood type B?

one of the ladys that trains where i do told me that pineapple is actualy a negitive calorie food meaning that its fiber content is high enough to offset the calories it provides.?

I think atkins used to allow you to subtract the carbs from veggies and fruit if they had grams of fiber like they do sugar alcohols, (10 grams carbs, 4 grams fiber = 6 grams net carbs for atkins). So she probably screwed it up, otherwise she is sadly mistaken.

I figured the negitive calorie thing was BS , I can see how somthing with that much sugar could be that way.

It has become my total weekness , worse than a pregnant woman wanting icecream. Guess theirs worse things to crave.

Intresting you mention the blood type thing Phil , i had talked to Tony a couple years ago about that and said that for my blood type (O-) that beef was good protein source and after making beef my staple protein source i have steadly made good gains, never realy thought of it having an effect on carbs and i assume fats alos.

I've realy carb sensitive so on my higher days i only get about 200-250 a day typicaly only about 150 a day and again about half that comes from fruits.

My blood type is B-pos... and I love pineapple. It's my favorite fruit...
So how is pineapple for people wblood type B?

It is also recommended for type B, also bananas, papayas, prunes, cranberry and grapes - according Dr. D`Adamo.

Pineapple is delicious and i eat it alot because of the bromelain and its digestive properties.

As much as i LOVE me some rice and potatoes, i would be as happy as a clam if i could eat berries and pineapple alllll day for my carb sources.

love pineapple, but pineapple does not have that much fiber in it

a 5oz serving as you suggested has 2 grams of fiber

apples and oranges are almost twice that

i like eating pineapple for the bromelian as well

i like eating pineapple for the bromelian as well

thats why i started , but its like crack!!

If i were gonna go all out and cheat i'd be happy eating all pineapple , though id be shittin like a goose

HAULT!

This just went way over my head, and I hope I am not the only one. Blood Type diet?!?! I need to do some research, and will (no worries), but you are telling me that certain fruits, or foods for that matter are better for different blood types?

Vince Gironda had a cutting diet that consisted of nothing more than raw pineapple or papaya, and meat eaten several times per day. he called it the hawaiin diet and according to him you could lose a pound of fat a day on it. Never knew anyone who actually tried it though.

Gunsmith, Lee Haney ate pineapple several times a day when he was on a competition diet and still does. Just go over to his site and he talks about diet. Must be something to it....me thinks.

Last year my wife had an operation. Afterwards the surgeon mentioned drinking pineapple juice to help get rid of the bruising. Between the two you would think it's GTG.

CG

thats why i started , but its like crack!!

If i were gonna go all out and cheat i'd be happy eating all pineapple , though id be shittin like a goose

That's funny Gunsmith, I am from South America and we produce as much pineapple as Hawaii, and there is a myth about pineapple in my country that says that it has fat burning properties, no scientific data, but when someone goes on a diet a staple in the diet is pineapple, go figure. I myself always had the notion that it worked that way also, I love the stuff. God bless you. Minister.

Gunsmith, Lee Haney ate pineapple several times a day when he was on a competition diet and still does. Just go over to his site and he talks about diet. Must be something to it....me thinks.

Last year my wife had an operation. Afterwards the surgeon mentioned drinking pineapple juice to help get rid of the bruising. Between the two you would think it's GTG.

CG

I may be wrong but I think he started eating pineapple with most (possibily every) meals during is last olympia win. He said it was the best he ever felt and looked.

I think Phil was using a little dry humor. Blood type A , good one.
negative calorie food maybe from the blood loss from your mouth bleeding from a whole pineapple. I do enjoy fresh pineapple though. T

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear