over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Piriformis? Sciatca? ?????

buck

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I finished a moderate weight leg workout the other day, concentrating on one legged presses came back later to do some aerobics. The next day I had a severe ache/burning feeling in my left glute. My ham ached and felt tight. Numbness on the outside or the calf and a numb foot. And a severe calf ache.

Walking and standing are uncomfortable but not to bad, sitting causes no pain, laying down is the worst. If my thigh is behind the center line of my body there is a sharp pain in my upper glute. I have muscle fibers that feel very fatigued some times(especially when I am laying down) where the feel like they are quivering.

Stretching seem to help as well as massaging the calf. Went to the gym yesterday to work hams and calves. Stiff legged dead lifts went well kept the weight (200 lbs.) moderately light and just moved every thing smoothly, no problem. Lieing leg curls were a no go cause of the pain on the outside of the leg. Seated calf movements were ok, kept it light. Then did some step mill and bike. Everything was pretty good till I layed down to sleep many hours later. The the aching, twitching were back and ended up napping on the floor with my calves on the chair.
Any help would be appreciated.

Find an active release techniques (ART) certified practitioner who has done the lower extremity certification.

The basic premise is that the sciatic nerve can adhere to a tight muscle usually at varying areas of the hamstrings or piriformis. Effective rendering of ART will remove the adhered nerve from the muscle allowing proper neural transmission again.

i have a chiro/therapist/ART guy i have seen before. he teaches ART. i will give him a call if things don't get better this week. but it might take awhile to get in as he is the physical therapist for a pro football team and is busy this time of year.

your sciatic nerve might run thru your piriformis muscle. Not everyones does but yours might so if that muscle gets to tight it will pinch the nerve and cause inflammation

Buck,

From my own experiences, this injury has been in "ready" mode well before your leg day. In other words, it is usually a result of several small things that you didn't feel or "hear", well before the injury occured.

Bottom line, when you train as hard as you do, day in and day out, it is absolutely essential to be diligent about recovery work continuously.
Once you get healed, you need to go to my THINK TANK thread, and read everything about foam rolling, especially using a Rumble Roller.

It will make a world of difference.

Get better my friend.

Peace,

Mack

I finished a moderate weight leg workout the other day, concentrating on one legged presses came back later to do some aerobics. The next day I had a severe ache/burning feeling in my left glute. My ham ached and felt tight. Numbness on the outside or the calf and a numb foot. And a severe calf ache.

Walking and standing are uncomfortable but not to bad, sitting causes no pain, laying down is the worst. If my thigh is behind the center line of my body there is a sharp pain in my upper glute. I have muscle fibers that feel very fatigued some times(especially when I am laying down) where the feel like they are quivering.

Stretching seem to help as well as massaging the calf. Went to the gym yesterday to work hams and calves. Stiff legged dead lifts went well kept the weight (200 lbs.) moderately light and just moved every thing smoothly, no problem. Lieing leg curls were a no go cause of the pain on the outside of the leg. Seated calf movements were ok, kept it light. Then did some step mill and bike. Everything was pretty good till I layed down to sleep many hours later. The the aching, twitching were back and ended up napping on the floor with my calves on the chair.
Any help would be appreciated.

i have been thinking of the foam roller for awhile. it looks like it would hurt soooo good. any recommendations for training ?

Hey Buck,

If you go to my THINK TANK thread, I talk a lot about my current training protical and the importance of foam rolling, especially using a Rumble Roller.

Check it out and if you have any questions, just shout out on that thread and I will be glad to answer.

Peace,

Mack

i have been thinking of the foam roller for awhile. it looks like it would hurt soooo good. any recommendations for training ?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131