over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

PitBull owners/ dog lovers....

Yeah...who cares about the lady.

She's a piece of trash and she should get what she deserves. Her dogs attacked a jogger about 2 years ago and she still hasn't paid her dues on that crime yet. This was a different set of her dogs that killed this lady. Anyone who has that many mean pitbulls either breeds them to be that way or horribly mistreats them.

On a seperate incident, there was a kid here in the mountains who was attacked by 3 dogs and almost died. They said the dogs were pit bulls, but they were a Pomeranian, a Chow and a Bulldog.

These news agency's need to learn how to correctly report info.

I agree w/ most everything everyone has said. Pits are the best breed of canine.

From all my reading on apbt has said the origin of the breed is from England (Staffordshire bull terrier) which came from breeding bull breeds w/ terrier breeds. The reason was to make the bull breads more nimble for blood sport. When the Staffordshire was brought over to the USA we did the typical American bigger is better thing and started breeding for size. This is what is more commonly referred to as the American Pit Bull Terrier which is not recognized by the AMA but the American Staffordshire Terrier is.

Many the larger pits are not Am staffs or full blood pits at all but are Mongoloids and can be very unstable, this why the blood line is so important. Although, even a mentally unstable dog can be a great pet w/ the proper nurturing but will take a lot of work.

I read an article on pitbull attacks a few years ago. In this article it said that over 50% of reported PB attacks the dog reported to be a PB was not.

pitbull

Chiuaua

Well I got attacked by a chiuaua when I was 5 No Shit!!
I was in my friends house and that mini-monster barked and came after me. I busted through their screen door without opening it!!!!!

I think they should be banned if ANY of them!!

The news would have probably reported that as a pit attack!! :)

I live here in Florida and have been checking into getting a Pitbull. I was wondering what tips you guys can give me on making the right choice and what kind of money i am looking to spend on a puppy. I don't need no Grand Champion blood line. Just one with a good temperment that would make a very social dog and good with kids. I have checked breeder references as well but am still confused. Should i go AmStaff or Pitbull Terrier?? Just need some help with prices and what to look for etc. I don't want an unstable killer in my house. Just a loyal companion that gets along well with children and other dogs.

one thing i can tell ya from having numerous pittbull books and my buddy breeding them is that the weight of a pitt should be 45-55 pounds.. the larger breeding of the pitts here in the states is not that healthy for the breed.. i like the bigger dogs but, my buddy (who i refer to as a dog bigot lol) says that he will only look at staffy because that isa the "originol pitts" that everyone should try to require.. his doggs are actually small.. but, like i said, i like all pitts.. large or small.. just be sure that you pay the extra to get a good breeder. that is the biggest factor..

Lats you are correct, the most game dogs are rarely over 50lbs. There is alot of messing with the breed going on and everyone claims 25" heads 90lbs. Well that isn't a true game dog.
Not bashing on these dogs I love all dogs but im just saying a true APBT isn't all that big.

Check this out, I had to take my daughter to the ER the other night and this 6 yr old girl got attacked by a dog and it mauled her face all to hell. Guess what kind of dod it was? Wrong, it was a black lab. If a pitbull would of attacked a little girl in the city that I live in it would be on the news and in the papers. Isn't that fucked up. I want a pit but my wife will not let me get one because of my daughter. She is an uneducated woman fellas, just like most people when it comes to pittbulls. The american kennell association rates dog on how aggessive they are to people when they are raised properly. The top three dog are the pit, the beagle, and the golden retreiver. Later, Bigwil

CHECK THIS OUT

www.fila.org

Have any of you seen dogs like this???These are fucking monster dogs and will take on bears,jaguars,etc..

They are actually very friendly to their owner and the owners family,but they are VERY protective.Makes a pitt look like a pomeranian,haha.....

By the way,my sister has 2 poms.The boy is a sweetheart,will lick your face and play all day.The girl is a fucking bitch..literally.She is viscious and will attack anything it wants too.The pitts I have been around are nothing but friendly,they love to play and be petted.Dogs are great,best friend in the world........

DAMAGE,
If you are in FL look up Bert Sorrells his line of dogs has been around FOREVER. He has written at least one book on the breed. I have had 2 and they are great dogs.

This may sound weird at first BUT you will quickly learn there are two types of breeders those breeding show dogs and those breeding game dogs. If you have the choice chose the game dog, these are real APBTs and they have fighting blood which is good..
hear me out-APBTs are not just bred to fight/catch pigs/and be tough they are bred for loyalty and NOT to be human aggressive. So in reality, ALthough it sounds weird, it is safer for you and your family to get a pup from a breeder of game dogs.

As far as choosing a dog just look in dog books they all have sections on what to look for when choosing a pup. One thing I want to mention if you have children around make sure you choose it and pick a friendly, confident pup. Scared dogs are dangerous dogs many times. They could try to assert dominance on the kids and potentially hurt them.

Also it is probalby best not to have another dog if you are getting an APBT and you need to watch them when they are around other dogs. They are bred to be dog aggressive so it runs in their blood just like bird dogs instinctually point. Of course nothing is 100% I have 3 right now that are perfect ladies and gentleman at the doggy park.

You will not be dissapointed if you take a little time and look for the right APBT. They are the best dogs.

Just a tip, guys that breed game dogs are sometimes shady and will barely give you the time of day. I have learned that the guys that are "in the know" in the game dog world will use "friend" when they are talking as a kind of password. So if you are talking to a guy subtly throw in a "thank you friend" or something like that.

Thank you for the info Hyper.....I have been very reluctant to just go ahead and buy one. WHat about the Amstaffs? Is this a better choice? Also, how would i go about locting Bert Sorrells? Just do a search? Why not go with an AMstaff? Do they have the 'reputation' of pits? I want a dog to raise around kids and be a very friendly and loyal dog. Any other tips?

I dont want to comment on Amstaffs, as I honestly haven't done much research on them, im sure they are great dogs. As far as most laws though I think american staffordshire terriors are included in "bull breeds" which most of the legislation is aimed at.

Sorrells Kennels

I hope this helps. If you do end up getting one of these dogs you wont be dissapointed. But I think as long as you have a reputable breeder that seems to know whats up and you pick out a pup according to the dog books you should be fine.

Last edited:
had to post a pic of my dog

every big guy should have a big dog, i have a dog that resembles me,, check him out, he has to be mixed with something big..lol
for christ sakes the poor guy has a bow in his hair, notice his dog tags, hes representing the USA!!! hha

Attachments

• picture 019.jpg
    picture 019.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 103

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner