over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pituitary Adenoma

cb11mass

Registered
I was diagnosed today with a pituitary adenoma, it is a microadenoma(<10mm) as opposed to a macro(>10mm). It is small enough where it is not touching anything and the doctor said it is ok and will just have to be monitered. The only effect from this benign tumor is lowered test levels about 300pg/ml. So he is talking about HRT. I am 22yrs old and the only hormonal supplements/drugs I have used was Tribulus, 6-oxo, superdrol, all at low doses for short periods of time and not more than once; so I believe this is strictly a natural genetic mishap.
I had remembered reading about this on the board so I did a search and saw Big A and Dragonfire had, had the same things. I was wondering how everything worked out for you and what your treatment was?
I also have been training for about 5yrs, 6'4 210 lbs, I have trained hard and eaten even harder and not seen the results I want. Can I attribute my slowww progress to these low test levels?

I was diagnosed today with a pituitary adenoma, it is a microadenoma(<10mm) as opposed to a macro(>10mm). It is small enough where it is not touching anything and the doctor said it is ok and will just have to be monitered. The only effect from this benign tumor is lowered test levels about 300pg/ml. So he is talking about HRT. I am 22yrs old and the only hormonal supplements/drugs I have used was Tribulus, 6-oxo, superdrol, all at low doses for short periods of time and not more than once; so I believe this is strictly a natural genetic mishap.
I had remembered reading about this on the board so I did a search and saw Big A and Dragonfire had, had the same things. I was wondering how everything worked out for you and what your treatment was?
I also have been training for about 5yrs, 6'4 210 lbs, I have trained hard and eaten even harder and not seen the results I want. Can I attribute my slowww progress to these low test levels?
well the fact that test levels were low will definately slow your progress. get on to HRT and you will notice a big difference.

if you got a gf, she'll probably be in a better mood to ;)

Im on HRT, test and synthroid. Im doing ok. My adenoma messes with my vision a little. I have to go for eye exams and a MRI every4-6 months to make sure it does not grow.

I knew something was up becaus eI was tired had no sex drive and gain like 40 pounds for no reason. Mine threw off my whole hormonal system caused a hystamine reaction and messed with my cortisol and I end up having allergic reaction to foods and would just brake out in hives whenever.

At least when your wife or girl is mad and yells "are you listing or are you stupid etc." you could say "no honey I'm sorry my brain tumor must have been distorting my hearing and judgement, please forgive me its not my fault, I wish I did not have to bare this terrible condition so I can be more understanding to your needs"

Last edited:
hahaa.. I already broke that out on her tonight actualy. Yeah the doctor said that it is not touching anything and should not effect my vision or my brain. I also have to go see an eye doctor and probably have scans every year or so. He is going to give me one more mri and test my hormones again. If they are still low he will put me on HRT so Im keeping my fingers crossed for that. I believe I've always had it because its been hard to keep fat off and gain muscle. Its kind of scary though to know that is there

I know many who have had this...one thing you have to watch is your loss of vision if it gets worse,,,if the doctor suggest by all means do the TRT.
If you have the option get the injectable over the transdermals,gels.

Good luck with your tumor. I had a tumor removed in 2000. I had acromegaly. The tumor produced a lot of gh. While I had the tumor my pancreas and testes just shut down. I had severe diabetes, was infertile and had erectile dysfunction. I wish I was juicing at the time(test, gh, insulin).

The surgery to remove the tumor was done in a one night stay at the hospital. The worst part was removing the packing from my nose. Haven't had any problems since. I am sure your doctor did a full analysis on your blood, ie.. testosterone, prolactin, lactin, IGF-1, GH, glucose. Depending on the location of the tumor on the pituitary it will produce different hormones. You should have gotten an endocrine and neurological consult.

Keep an eye on your peripheral vision. Good luck.

Also, I would look into getting the tumor removed early if possible. The mass can grow into the blood supply for your brain at which point it becomes inoperable. Seriously, inoperable, at which point you will just have to wait until it completely blocks the artery to die.

A lot of people may get upset with the last statement but it is completely true.

It is an endocronoligist, actualy a pa working with a doc. I have a list of what he tested but not with me right now. I know he tested fsh, prolactin, lh, test, estradiol, and more i forget the rest. Im prety sure i dont remeber seeing gh or igf. He is giving me a 24 hour urine test to test for free creatine and free cortisol, apparently its to test for cushing syndrome. He is also having me see an optomologist and he didnt discuss removing it unless they see changes in the size. Im thinking after his opinion i may seek a second opinion possibly go down to NYC for a reputible doc after i get my TRT of course.

Thanx for the input FR8

Going for my appointment this Friday to do my final blood test and make sure my testosterone is as low as the last two blood tests if it is I will get HRT Should I avoid training this week to keep my T levels down?
If so is there anyhting else I should do to make sure they are low?

Try to have the operation as soon as possible.The more the tumour grows the more it will approximatethe surrounding optiical nerve and pituitary and the more likely it will be that during the surgery these tissues will be damaged.It's not a difficult operation.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Urs
NapsGear