over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Plasma expanders

I am using roughly 1/3 to 1/2 a bottle per day. I was getting the night sweats but they have calmed down. I do drink large quatities of water normally so hydration was never an issue for me. I believe your body will adjust to the level or glycerine you are taking and regulate accordingly. I have been following the above dosing for over a month now and I keep getting leaner while maintaining my body weight. I have not noticed any unwanted sides from this level of use. I do not get sore from training the days after a heavy session. There is a reason why we will never know the secrets behind these. As KM said the company is protecting it's secret. I do not have a problem with this as companies do this all the time. Coke kept it's recipe a secret for the same reasons. It's called market advantage. The glycerine in the LBA's acts as a carrier for the formula. Since glycerine/glycerol works at the cellular level is stands to reason this is why this stuff is so readily absorbed. The water and glycerine help to volumize the cell and keep it full. All the while while pulling water into them. So it works by taking water from the interstitual(sp) space (under the skin) and pulls it into your system for use by the cells in the muscle and blood plasma. Now KM is probably much more up to speed with the science behind this but for simplicity this is how it works.

you probably wont ever know the exact aa profile and glycerine content of the lba's ... its a trade secret i suppose, if we knew what it was there would be knock offs all over by now..... if you look in the bottle its says "this is a typical aa profile for 5 grams of pro."

so its 5 grams of protein and the rest of the serving is glycerol... majic solution unmasked ? :)

you probably wont ever know the exact aa profile and glycerine content of the lba's ... its a trade secret i suppose, if we knew what it was there would be knock offs all over by now..... if you look in the bottle its says "this is a typical aa profile for 5 grams of pro."

so its 5 grams of protein and the rest of the serving is glycerol... majic solution unmasked ? :)
All I can say is this is not your typical protein but the profile is correct. Above that I can not say. If Phil wants to chime in He will!

The water and glycerine help to volumize the cell and keep it full. All the while while pulling water into them. So it works by taking water from the interstitual(sp) space (under the skin) and pulls it into your system for use by the cells in the muscle and blood plasma.
I remembered this, written by Karl Hoffman

Glycerol supplementation has been the subject of debate for years among endurance athletes and I don't think any definite conclusion has been reached regarding ergogenic or thermoregulatory benefits.

For the purposes of this discussion though, glycerol definitely leads to hyper-osmolality, not hypo-osmolality (see [1] for example or any good physiology text) so I think it would lead to the opposite effect: cellular devolumization and an increase in extracellular volume.

(1) J Appl Physiol. 1991 Jul;71(1):144-9.

Physiological responses to glycerol ingestion during exercise.

Murray R, Eddy DE, Paul GL, Seifert JG, Halaby GA.

The hyper-osmolality that glycerol causes is the opposite of what a cellular volumizer like creatine causes (hypo-osmolality) according to Karl. This would seem like a negative to me, from an anabolism POV.

Any comments on this?

I remembered this, written by Karl Hoffman

The hyper-osmolality that glycerol causes is the opposite of what a cellular volumizer like creatine causes (hypo-osmolality) according to Karl. This would seem like a negative to me, from an anabolism POV.

Any comments on this?
Well I can say is I have used glycerol the night before a show and it did the trick. I was full, hard and dry. So the water went somewhere! I assume it went into the muscle because it def did not cause spill over under the skin. it had the opposite effect. it pulled water from under the skin making me tighter. I have no problem with the above statement. But they were looking at this from an endurance point of view not Body building per se. We are talking about different muscle fibre type in action. I generally try not to get too scientific with things as it tends to complicate the matter. I know of many other BBers that successfully supplement with glycerol from time to time and these guys get big and stay that way. No not just from glycerol but in conjunction with other supplementation I believe this stuff works. This is often the problem with studies and scientific research. They are not real world situations and most of the test subjects are not BBer's. I do believe that for marathon runners glycerol would not be of any benefit. So that part of the study is probably true.

Well I can say is I have used glycerol the night before a show and it did the trick. I was full, hard and dry. So the water went somewhere! I assume it went into the muscle because it def did not cause spill over under the skin. it had the opposite effect. it pulled water from under the skin making me tighter. I have no problem with the above statement. But they were looking at this from an endurance point of view not Body building per se. We are talking about different muscle fibre type in action. I generally try not to get too scientific with things as it tends to complicate the matter. I know of many other BBers that successfully supplement with glycerol from time to time and these guys get big and stay that way. No not just from glycerol but in conjunction with other supplementation I believe this stuff works. This is often the problem with studies and scientific research. They are not real world situations and most of the test subjects are not BBer's. I do believe that for marathon runners glycerol would not be of any benefit. So that part of the study is probably true.
His post wasn't saying glycerol didn't work for endurance athletes.
I haven't looked recently but I believe glycerol does enhance performance in endurance sports, and particularly helps with heat tolerance. There was some talk about putting it on the doping list too. It may help with beating doping tests as well.

What Karl was saying was that the glycerol pulls water out of the cells into the bloodstream (if I understand him correctly). This does not mean the water spills into the subcutaneous layer necessarily. So it would still make you look harder. I also recall reading that glycerol supplementing can increase blood volume by a huge amount, something like 600mL (I may have the wrong figure but i recall it being substantial). Obviously this would make you much fuller and bigger. However, it would be bad from an anabolism/anti-catabolism angle. A hydrated cell is more anabolic as we know.

I'm an inquisitive guy so I want to know why things work or appear to work.
:)

His post wasn't saying glycerol didn't work for endurance athletes.
I haven't looked recently but I believe glycerol does enhance performance in endurance sports, and particularly helps with heat tolerance. There was some talk about putting it on the doping list too. It may help with beating doping tests as well.

What Karl was saying was that the glycerol pulls water out of the cells into the bloodstream (if I understand him correctly). This does not mean the water spills into the subcutaneous layer necessarily. So it would still make you look harder. I also recall reading that glycerol supplementing can increase blood volume by a huge amount, something like 600mL (I may have the wrong figure but i recall it being substantial). Obviously this would make you much fuller and bigger. However, it would be bad from an anabolism/anti-catabolism angle. A hydrated cell is more anabolic as we know.

I'm an inquisitive guy so I want to know why things work or appear to work.
:)

Wouldn't that be a good arguement for why Size-On shouldn't work (glycerin and creatine)?

But- everyone I know that's tried it hs loved the volumizing/hardening effects of it, much like LBAs.

anybody has a good site where to purchase it from . i have seen it at walgreens but not sure about it , because it was in a really tiny bottle . i ordered it once from some chemical supplier for schools and got actually lucky that i have received it . i told them i am a teacher , LOL , so that i was able to receive it . it tasted really sweet and looked kinda milky and it did it's job . but now i am looking to get it somewhere else . help is much appreciated .

wake

I did a search about glycerol here's the result:

Exercise hydration regimen to enhance exercise endurance and performance

BACKGROUND OF THE INVENTION

The present invention relates to an exercise regimen which enhances exercise endurance by hydration with a glycerol solution prior to inception of exercise, combined with hydration during exercise with a glycerol and carbohydrate based solution to optimize endurance.

Oral replacement solutions are widely used in athletic and recreational events. Strenuous exercise as well as exposure to sunlight and heat can cause significant physiological changes. Subjects exercising or working in the heat or for prolonged periods of time are at risk for developing impaired function or heat-related injuries. In order to prevent heat-related injuries such as heat exhaustion, heat stroke and dehydration syndrome, a number of compositions and solutions have been suggested.

In the Runner's World article, entitled "HYPERHYDRATION" by Liz Applegate (September 1992), glycerol has been suggested as a way to preserve blood volume, moderate heart rate and allow more blood to be sent to the skin for cooling. No analysis of a particular use or regimen is discussed nor are there specifics given concerning when to use it or in what combination or proportions thereof.

Further, in a published study by Koenigsberg et al, entitled, "40 hour Glycerol-Induced Hyperhydration", there is some evidence that glycerol hyperhydration can be maintained for up to 40 hours with ongoing ingestion of glycerol.

In "Hyperhydration with glycerol solutions", authored by Riedesel et al, American Physiological Society, 1987, glycerol was studied and its affect on dilute saline solution retention as well as general fluid retention.

In "Effects of glycerol-induced hyperhydration prior to exercise in the heat on sweating and core temperature", authored by Lyons et al, Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 1990, the effects of glycerol induced hyperhydration prior to exercise in the heat or sweating and core temperature was studied. Here, exercise was started 2.5 hours after the fluids were ingested. The study concluded that glycerol induced hyperhydration reduced the thermal burden of moderate exercise.

In addition, U.S. Pat. No. 5,147,650, issued on Sep. 15, 1992, found that glycerol containing solution, compared to water or Gatorade.RTM. type drink, ingested during exercise resulted in an expanded blood volume, lower heart rate, and lower rectal temperature during exercise.

The invention herein described is a novel exercise regimen for enhancing endurance and performance in activities such as hiking, soccer, football, etc. The subject exhibits an increased total body water level and therefore an improved cardiac stroke volume in the absence of fluids or even with the use of glycerol or water in a non-regimented fashion.

BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION

The invention relates to a novel exercise regimen for ameliorating the adverse physiological effects which result from physical exertion and heat exposure. The subject hydration regimen comprises the steps of: ingesting a solution of glycerol and water prior to inception of the exercise. The subject begins ingestion of the solution, at a given rate by mouth, two hours before the inception of the exercise and stops 1/2hour prior to inception. The subject the begins to exercise and ingests a second solution comprising glycerol, carbohydrate, sodium and water at a given rate during exercise.

Combination of a pre-exercise glycerol solution hydration regimen with a glycerol/carbohydrate/sodium solution hydration regimen during exercise results in an unique and optimal methodology for improving endurance performance.

DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE INVENTION

The invention described herein is a novel exercise hydration regimen which has been shown to improve physiological response in subjects. Specifically, the invention comprises an exercise hydration regimen wherein a solution of from 0.78-2.0 gms/kg of glycerol and 26 ml/kg of water are ingested by mouth starting 2 hours before and continuing up until 1/2 hour before the start of exercise. This would correspond to a 3-8% solution of glycerol, and preferably a 4.6% solution. Total volume ingested over the 1 1/2 hour hydration period is 26 ml/kg. This pre-exercise hydration regimen is then supplemented by fluid replacement during exercise. A second solution is ingested during exercise to prolong the benefit of the pre-exercise hydration. The second solution comprises from 0.4 to 1.5% glycerol, from 6-8% of a carbohydrate such as glucose and from 0-10 mEq sodium, ingested at a rate of 800-1600 ml/hr.

Glycerol hyperhydration can be maintained for up to forty hours with ongoing ingestion of glycerol. A glycerol containing solution, compared to water or glucose, results in expended blood volume, lower heart rate, and lower rectal temperature. These beneficial physiological effects improve performance.

However, gastric emptying rates are impaired by high osmolality. For example, 1/2 of a 5% solution of carbohydrate (250 mosm) would be emptied in 20 minutes while 1/2 of 12.5% solution (675 mosm) would be emptied in 45 minutes. Thus solutions containing greater than 1.5% glycerol in addition to 6% glucose significantly impair gastric emptying. A solution containing from 0.4 to 1.5% glycerol, in addition to 6-8% carbohydrate (glucose) and 0-10 mEq sodium, ingested at a rate of 800-1600 ml/hr enhance hydration during exercise and prolong performance.

The combination of pre-exercise glycerol enhanced hydration regimen and glycerol enhanced hydration regimen during exercise produces a unique and optimal exercise regimen to enhance endurance and performance.

Physiological responses to glycerol ingestion during exercise.

Murray R, Eddy DE, Paul GL, Seifert JG, Halaby GA.

Exercise Physiology Laboratory, John Stuart Research Laboratories, Quaker Oats Company, Barrington, Illinois 60010.

To study selected cardiovascular, thermoregulatory, and hormonal responses to the consumption of glycerol solutions during exercise, nine subjects cycled for 90 min at 50% peak O2 uptake in a 30 degree C, 45% relative humidity environment. Beverages tested included a 10% glycerol solution (G), a 6% carbohydrate-electrolyte beverage (CE), the 6% carbohydrate-electrolyte beverage plus 4% glycerol (CEG), and a water placebo (WP) ingested at regular intervals during the first 60 min of exercise. The beverages were administered in counterbalanced order with subjects serving as their own controls. Ingestion of the glycerol solutions resulted in an increase in plasma osmolality and attenuation of the decrease in plasma volume associated with the WP treatment (P less than 0.05). Plasma renin activity was highest with WP (P less than 0.05), and G was associated with increased antidiuretic hormone levels (P less than 0.05). Ratings of perceived thirst were lowest for CEG and G, and the frequency of gastrointestinal distress was greatest for G (P less than 0.05). However, no differences among beverage treatments were observed for heart rate, esophageal temperature, sweat rate, ratings of perceived exertion, or changes in cortisol and aldosterone levels. These data indicate that there are no substantial metabolic, hormonal, cardiovascular, or thermoregulatory advantages to the consumption of solutions containing 4 or 10% glycerol during exercise.

Hyperhydrating with glycerol: effects on thermoregulation, hydration and athletic performance during specific exergonic exercise in a warm-humid environment
Journal:Sport Sciences for Health, Publisher:Springer Milan

M. Dini1 Contact Information, S. Corbianco1, B. Rossi2 and A. Lucacchini1
(1) Department of Psychiatry, Neurobiology, Pharmacology and Biotechnology, University of Pisa, Via Bonanno 6, I-56126 Pisa, Italy
(2) U.O. Neuroabilitazione universitaria, University of Pisa, Italy

Received: 5 December 2006 Accepted: 9 March 2007
Abstract We investigated the effects of hyperhydration with glycerol vs. water on athletic performance under hot-humid conditions (30% relative humidity and 36° C). During a 10-day acclimation period, 14 competitive male oarsmen performed 90 minutes of exercise at 260-W. On the eleventh day, athletes hydrated by consuming in 90 minutes a nutrient drink with or without glycerol. After hydration, athletes were tested three times with 250–400-W workloads in 30-W steps, at 15-min intervals. During the 250–400-W tests, athletes rehydrated with water (control and glycerol A groups) or with flavored glycerol solution (glycerol B group). Measurements of total extracellular body water (EBW) by bioelectric impedance analysis indicated a statistically significant increase in water retention (approximately 525 ml) and decreased lactate at aerobic threshold for the glycerol B group compared to the control and glycerol A groups following the exercise tests. The performance on the three 250–400-W tests was stable for glycerol B athletes but decreased for glycerol A and control groups. The 15-W difference observed at the aerobic threshold between glycerol B and control groups was estimated to translate into a 37-m competitive advantage during a 6-min Olympic rowing competition.

Glycerol Hyperhydration Alters Cardiovascular and Renal Function
PAUL MONTNER 1,2, YEN. ZOU 3, ROBERT.A. ROBERGS 4, GREG MURATA 1,2, DAN STARK 1, CHRIS. QUINN 1, STEVE. WOOD 1, DEB. LIUM1, AND ERNEST.R. GREENE 3
1 Department of Medicine, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM, 87131
2 The Albuquerque Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Albuquerque, NM, 87108, 3 School of Science and Engineering, New Mexico Highlands University, Las Vegas, NM 87143, 4 The Center for Exercise and Applied Human Physiology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, 87131

Six subjects randomly completed four experimental trials consisting of 2 hours of controlled fluid ingestion at rest, followed by 110 min of cycle ergometry exercise at 44±11 %VO2max. Fluid was also ingested during exercise, and the trials differed in either the pre-exercise or during exercise fluid ingestion. The control trial consisted of the pre-exercise ingestion of 26 mL/kg of flavored water, and 5 mL/kg every 20 min of 5% glucose during exercise (WC). For the remaining trials the solutions ingested were 1.2 g/kg glycerol in a total of 26 mL/kg (GH) pre-exercise, and either 5% glucose (GC), 0.5% glycerol in 5% glucose (GCGA), or 1.5% glycerol in 5% glucose (GCGB) during exercise. Compared to WC, GH decreased urine flow (4.7±2.2 vs 7.6±3.7 mL.min, P<0.001)and free water clearance (-1.4±1.3 vs 2.5±1.3 mL/min, p=<0.001). Consequently, pre-exercise hydration was largest with GH (0.9±0.4 vs 0.3±0.3 L for the mean of GC, GCGA and GCGB vs WC). Compared to WC, GH also increased serum osmolality (283.3±3.3 to 281.0±2.6 vs 284.3±0.2 to 291.0±2.3 mOsmol/kg, p<0.01) despite no difference in serum antidiuretic hormone (ADH)(2.3±2.0 vs 2.4±1.0 pg/mL at 120 min). When comparing WC to GCGA and GCGB, continued glycerol ingestion during exercise increased cardiac stroke volume (163.3±27.9 vs 174.4±22.8 mL, p<0.01), and decreased heart rate (128.2±19.0 vs 122.0±14.5 b/min, p<0.01). GH increases body hydration by decreasing renal free water clearance via a non-ADH mediated mechanism. Continued glycerol and water ingestion during exercise increases the cardiovascular benefits of pre-exercise GH, and prolongs the state of hyperhydration.

Glycerin is readily available in pharmacies in the UK, its very cheap, it is used to soothe a sore throat. FIshermen sometimes dip their bait in it, some types of fish supposedly go crazy for it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131