over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

please all read////

lucian

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
how many of you think that from all the hormones and drugs and constant use of these, do you think brain chemestry can be permenantly changed? when you think about it any drug on earth, meth, heroin, anti depresants, any of them, it rewires your body chemestry and brain forever. so why cant tren, winny, dbol, anadrol any of the non natural(test,gh ect) do the same?
how many of you on or off feel the same way mentaly as before you started using? in light of recent events i have had to take a look at how i think and react to things. a bud of mine goes to a psyciatrist and he said he treats many former steroid users. all of them are the same. have agression, parinoia, some have suicidal thoughts and homicidal thoughts :eek: when shit happens to them. these never go away no matter how long you have been off. and depression. so many of them need to be treated with meds. all i know is when me and lkg split i drank heavily. im not afraind to admit i was so hurt i wanted to stop the pain. anyone who knows me knows i dont drink. not for 9 years!!!!!! what made me go off the deep end? all i know is i still dont feel like i did when i was 21 before i strated using anabolics. is there some truth to all the hype about how bad these drugs are and we just dont see it till we something snaps us out of it?
what do you all think? id rather take a pill from the doctor every day than drink.:eek:
lucian

Yes big time, AAS effect brain chemistry pretty bad.
Isn't there a study somewhere that shows people with high test levels have lower IQ's.
I sure feel dumber than when I started all this stuff.:D

I am rushed for time or I'd write more as I think your post brings up a good point.

Isn't there a study somewhere that shows people with high test levels have lower IQ's.
I sure feel dumber than when I started all this stuff.:D

I am rushed for time or I'd write more as I think your post brings up a good point.

all i know is i am a very understanding person. since i started this stuff ive become selfish and can pop off and freak out at times even off cycles and with pct and everything. so id love to read theses studies. not sure what good it will do as the damage is done and now i just have to deal with the after math.....which is going to be a ong road. oh well ill stay away from the booze and im just glad i know what it is now so i can control it.
lucian

how many of you think that from all the hormones and drugs and constant use of these, do you think brain chemestry can be permenantly changed? when you think about it any drug on earth, meth, heroin, anti depresants, any of them, it rewires your body chemestry and brain forever. so why cant tren, winny, dbol, anadrol any of the non natural(test,gh ect) do the same?
how many of you on or off feel the same way mentaly as before you started using? in light of recent events i have had to take a look at how i think and react to things. a bud of mine goes to a psyciatrist and he said he treats many former steroid users. all of them are the same. have agression, parinoia, some have suicidal thoughts and homicidal thoughts :eek: when shit happens to them. these never go away no matter how long you have been off. and depression. so many of them need to be treated with meds. all i know is when me and lkg split i drank heavily. im not afraind to admit i was so hurt i wanted to stop the pain. anyone who knows me knows i dont drink. not for 9 years!!!!!! what made me go off the deep end? all i know is i still dont feel like i did when i was 21 before i strated using anabolics. is there some truth to all the hype about how bad these drugs are and we just dont see it till we something snaps us out of it?
what do you all think? id rather take a pill from the doctor every day than drink.:eek:
lucian

In my psyhchology class, all we did was talk about drugs. My teacher who had a PHD said that messing with your hormones is much worse than any recreational drug use. I took her word for it. No basis behind that just relaying what she said. Made sense though

all i know is i am a very understanding person. since i started this stuff ive become selfish and can pop off and freak out at times even off cycles and with pct and everything. so id love to read theses studies. not sure what good it will do as the damage is done and now i just have to deal with the after math.....which is going to be a ong road. oh well ill stay away from the booze and im just glad i know what it is now so i can control it.
lucian

There's a lot of stuff in the literature from way back when roids were legal-I remember reading a couple of studies where lifters had pyscological problems on dianabol and another with parabolan.

Look at what hormonal fluctuations do to women!!
Sorry ladies no offense meant.:D just using it as an example.

People with high test levels are not dumber than other people or have lower IQs. That study is just a rumor from what I've heard. AAS (meaning testosterone itself) do affect brain development which is why it is extremely unwise to be on them as a teenager. Once you've become an adult (usually around age 21 or so), your brain "wiring" is hard set, and AAS will not affect it.

The psych teacher, though she has a PhD, does not have all the facts about manipulating hormones. There are no definitive studies done on steroids because they were classified as schedule III substances. She has obviously made an assumption based on hearsay, not hard medical facts.

I didn't start using AAS until age 30. I had to because I wasn't making enough of my own so my doctor put me on hormone replacement therapy. After being on it for over eight years straight, I can say that I feel much better now than I did then even though my levels have been high over these years. Of course I don't drink or smoke either. Alcohol abuse is far, far worse than any hormone manipulation. Tell that to the psych teacher.

I agree that there is a change in my mental state... but frankly, it has been all for the better. I used to be very short tempered. Road rage from hell. Couldn't stand in line anywhere... bank, grocery store, nothing... not even if they were giving shit away for free. Everyone who has known me for a while asks the same question... are you taking valium or some shit?????

I swear on my life as I sit here writing this. I am 180 degrees out.... so much better than I ever was. However, you have to know this as well.... I have taken the following compounds notorious for aggression:

a-bombs
parabolan
tren a
tren e
dbol
etc
etc
etc

some of these at some seriously stupid doses too!

now, I admit that I have definitely experienced more aggression but I have never used that aggression outside of the gym...

maybe I am just one in a million and I am not susceptible to 'roid rage' because even though i think roid rage is a myth.... i have seen it go the other way.... however, these peeps were assholes before using gear.... go figure

Testosterone is one of the master hormone for males as everyone knows. When you start messing with that and surpressing that hormone over and over you are most likely going to run into some sort problem at one point or another. If there is a history of depression or mental illness I'd stay away from AAS. I don't think too many people really think of the long term sides that rarely get talked about. Once you screw with your body chemistry you need to be prepared to deal with the consequences down the road.

If you make it a habit, say when you want to retain more muscle than your body was wired to carry and have to stay on or lose it, then of course! Rec, Rx, or juice, they're all unnatural. There are always some who take it to the extreme, but I believe if you are careful and use responsible dosages, and take plenty of time off (none of this half and half shit) then I'd imagine you'd be fine. It's like being on heroine half the year and assuming nothing at all will come of it. (extreme example)

Of course, everyone will have different experiences. Many people gear and they get a little bigger, thats it. Some people gear once and all of a sudden think they're fuckin Rambo are ready to blow away the next person that sneezes. As delta said, these people usually have extremist personalities beforehand.

I'd say that generally the people with long term issues from gear, either had them before and they became more exaggerated while on cycle (a little placebo effect maybe), or may not have taken enough time off.

In my psyhchology class, all we did was talk about drugs. My teacher who had a PHD said that messing with your hormones is much worse than any recreational drug use. I took her word for it. No basis behind that just relaying what she said. Made sense though

Wonder if your teacher was on birth control.... we live in a society where almost 50% of the population has messed with their natural hormone levels virtually since puberty and the effects of that are apparently not extreme enough to bother addressing. Personally I've found that my diet and my blood sugar level has a much more dramatic effect on my emotional condition than my "supplementation".... but for good or bad, living with any excess for a long time will change a person.

Me too!! Since I've started I've took a 180. I can let things roll off my back that I couldn't before. After my first time coming "off", my wife would ask me when I was going to start back because I am much easier to get along with when I'm "on". Now when I go 'off ' I still let things go much easier. I started when I was 29. I think that when your young, sometimes, things aren't as stressfull as when you get older. You have alot more time & effort invested in the things in your life. So it is alot more stressfull to you when things in your life change, especially if you put alot of work into it.

I agree that there is a change in my mental state... but frankly, it has been all for the better. I used to be very short tempered. Road rage from hell. Couldn't stand in line anywhere... bank, grocery store, nothing... not even if they were giving shit away for free. Everyone who has known me for a while asks the same question... are you taking valium or some shit?????

I swear on my life as I sit here writing this. I am 180 degrees out.... so much better than I ever was. However, you have to know this as well.... I have taken the following compounds notorious for aggression:

a-bombs
parabolan
tren a
tren e
dbol
etc
etc
etc

some of these at some seriously stupid doses too!

now, I admit that I have definitely experienced more aggression but I have never used that aggression outside of the gym...

maybe I am just one in a million and I am not susceptible to 'roid rage' because even though i think roid rage is a myth.... i have seen it go the other way.... however, these peeps were assholes before using gear.... go figure

yes

I've been using for the past ten + years....on for almost 7 straight. Very few breaks if any. The job I do is not liked by many but I have found my anxiety has increased dramatically over the past several years..and it has never been this bad before to where I needed meds. Can I say it's AAS definitively? Nope. But I'd bet they have something to do with it.

I've been using for the past ten + years....on for almost 7 straight. Very few breaks if any. The job I do is not liked by many but I have found my anxiety has increased dramatically over the past several years..and it has never been this bad before to where I needed meds. Can I say it's AAS definitively? Nope. But I'd bet they have something to do with it.

so, in what kind of employment are you?

Yes, as your Pitutitary Gland is the main source of controlling hormones in your body and causes theses hormonees to manufacture other chemicals. AAS primarily affects the Pitutitary Gland. Could be a positive affect or a negative depending on other variables going on and maybe none at all.

Last edited:
I can be grumpy no matter what

Hormone fluctuations SUCK, a steady state is much easier to deal with than ups and downs. Hormones work in "cascades" and you mess with one, you mess with many others.....you get ups and down of one, you see where it goes.

My wife likes it when I'm on...... I fluctuate with irritation and happiness just like everyone else does, depends on day to day stuff.
Depression....yeah, everybody gets depressed, not everybody gets depressed enough to get a prescription. I've been there though due to marital issues, held a gun to my head amongst others......ended up getting some pills, they were toxic, made me more suicidal (angry suicidal = SSRI's).
Depression is common, it's a part of life. When someone you love leaves you, it hurts like hell. Clinical depression isn't "normal".
I've deal with my really terrible depression with nothing but self-reflection, etc.... I've come up, but it doesn't take much when you hit rock bottom.
Did hormones have anything to do with any of the depression, I honestly don't believe they did. I'm not aggressive unless I'm training, I'm not paranoid and I'm not suicidal anymore (suicidal when you see no way out-there's always another way) my suicidal thoughts came from what I'd have to call something of a post-traumatic stress disorder from a f-ed up marriage (it's getting better, but who knows if we'll stay together).
Hormones can affect brain chemistry. So can eating food, and smells can activate the emotional part of our brains (if I remember correctly)......
Interestingly enough, testosterone activates the logical part of the brain, look into that ;) (is it true, or is it hearsay?):cool:
I'm definitely not any less intelligent than before I started using, absolutely not. I'm not going to toot my own horn, but...well, let's just say I'm pretty intelligent.
Lucian, hang in there brother. Alcohol numbs everything, but it messes with brain chemistry too. Alcohol is bad if you're depressed, it's really bad because the fog is there when you're drinking and you can't see the roads ahead of you because of the fog. You've got places to go, my friend. I've seen your pictures. You need to be able to clearly assess the choices (roads) that lie ahead of you, the roads dictate where you'll end up in the near and distant future. If you've got the fog going on (drinking) then you might choose the wrong path and even if you're on that path for just a short period of time, it's still a set-back to self-realization of your potential.

Hormones could be part of a problem.....that's something you'd have to determine for yourself. The rest of it (lkg) is something I think most of us can relate to. Anyway, if you need someone to talk to to blow some steam off sometime, you've got a family here, me included.

I really think it depends on the person and what they are prone too. If you tend to pattern aggresive behavior then that will possiblly come out of you.

lucian just because you drank a lot when you came out of a relationship doesn't mean that its directlly related to brain chemistry from AAS use. When i came out of a long relationship about ayear ago i did the same thing. Just tried to mask the pain. Then one day i manned up and faced it. Which sucked but we work through it with the help of friends and family.

Im still clean at the age of 25 but am soon planning on running test, only for the reason of being in peak condition for competition

As a person who has low, documented by a doctor, test levels staying on replacement levels year round is a good thing; especially when I compare my mental well being prior to going on almost 7 years ago.

Yes I raise the dosage and cycle on and off and my attitude is still the same..GREAT.

I tend to take the position that if you are predisposed for an illness (mental) something will eventually bring it out; a bad relationship, too much test or any-other hormone; hell it could just happen sitting in traffic day after day and then...snap. Whatever the situation is I do not think that taking hormones sets a road map for you to follow when it comes to your actions and choices that you make. Let's face it some of us have probably made some very bad decisions when we were 100% sober, not on cycle etc...

Last edited:
lucian

YES, it really messes with the brain and the emotions. I have learned the "secret" to "stability" with AAS is CONTROL. Before I go off I tell myself the word "control" and think about it before I react. Same especially with my home life.......

Mike

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510